Has anyone ever seen the optimal optimus prototype or primal prime prototype?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rdfnd1253, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Gouka

Gouka Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are only two known to exist.

2. SashaShame

SashaShame Fusion Cannon Repairman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My logic for the asking price is based on a couple of factors. To begin with, I had to bend over without lube to pay for this guy in the first place. ;)  Second, I factored the average cost of things like the videocamera mockup Megatron prototype (1 in existence), the black Lucky Draw Sixshot (10-20 in existence), and the unreleased Black G1 Lucky Draw Rodimus Prime (1-2 in existence).

I have actually received several offers for this item prior to the listing, and based on the offers and the other fqactors, I set the opening price at a the best price I thought was fair and good to the TF community. Also, it's the lowest price that I'm willing to go down to to part with it. I hate reserve bids. Why bait everyone with a price you won't accept to open your auction? To see the value? Phooey on that!

Honestly, *I* couldn't afford to buy this thing either even when first got it. To get it in the first place (after five years of searching for it, only to have eBay drop it in my lap), I had to ask my boss to advance my salary for two paychecks'-worth.

And, no, I'm not suggesting that anyone rape their wallet like I did! ;) 

3. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Halloween Optimal Optimus FTW!!!

4. SashaShame

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, hey, there is one factor in the opening bid of the auction that is very important to me personally, but has nothing to do with history or rarity or whatever: 10% of the auction goes to supporting the American Sickle Cell Anemia Foundation. I have a close friend that has this terrible disease, and I find it frustrating to watch him suffer. When he has to go to the hospital - which is frequent - the doctors basically can only make him a bit more comfortable whilst he is in such terrible pain, and I can't stand it.

So, yes, I have a house and a car to pay for, and I'm keeping 90% of it for me, and my bills, but I figure that if it sells for a significant amount, there is that much more that I can make sure goes into finding a cure. Yeah, yeah, I'm a big sentimental slob, but I'm totally serious about supporting this cause, and what a great item to put up on eBay to help raise awareness! :) 

5. SashaShame

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's relisted!

TRANSFORMERS OPTIMAL OPTIMUS BLACK UNPAINTED PROTOTYPE - eBay (item 170273064180 end time Oct-25-08 13:19:40 PDT)

Okay, I wasn't going to, but I relisted it. I don't know if my nerves can take me relisting it a third time. If it doesn't sell this time around, I figure it might be my destiny to keep it (not that that's a problem!) Still, it's high-dollar, so I figure folks might want to have time to save, sot here you have it!

And don't forget: 10% of the sale goes to the American Sickle Cell Anemia Association!

- Sasha