Has anyone else had problems with iGear?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by jaypc, Jan 11, 2013.

1. jaypc

jaypc Liberty or Death

So I bought the MW-02G Rager in late October. The figure came with two right arms. Since then I've gone back and forth with iGear. They told me they sent replacement parts (without a tracking number) but I haven't received any. They've ignored me since I began asking for a refund. So I'm stuck with a ******ed Rager. Any thoughts?

2. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dealing directly with them has been reportedly hit or miss. I would just keep trying, but ask for the replacement arms vs the refund.

3. jbot

jbot Disciple of A3

News Credits:
    I usually have that problem in the morning. If you don't touch it, it will go away on its own.

4. Impactor1106

Impactor1106 WRECKER

News Credits:
    iGears customer service (if you can even call it that) is the worse ever. I haven't bought anything from them directly but based on previous posts on the forums they have an awfull reputation. Which I think is a shame, since they do have some nice products. I wish they would respond to my email inquiries in regards to Presser, but alas, no!

5. robwhit1

robwhit1 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just keep on them and hopefully they will get it fixed for you. You need to keep asking for the parts though. I don't think they will do a refund. After going rounds with them for a missing part to Ramjet, I vowed to never order directly from them again. Since then I have had to get parts from both bbts and TFSource. Both went smoothly. Igear may make some cool figures but they are hit and miss with QC and a complete miss with service.

6. ae_productions

ae_productions G1 Fan

Problems with their toys are rare. But with all things mass produced it does happen.

While I love iGear toys, and have had only one issue with them, their Customer Service is not the best.

In the future, order your products through companies like VNC toys, Aces Toy Store, TFSource and BBTS.com. That way, if you ever have any troubles, THEY will usually send you a replacement. It may cost you a little more, but the peace of mind is so worth it.

:) 

7. jaypc

jaypc Liberty or Death

Good input. Thanks. I do usually buy from either BBTS or TFsource. I didn't this time because I think the MW-02G figure was only available directly from iGear. I definitely won't do business with them again. I'll take the advice and keep asking for the arm parts and not the refund.

8. ae_productions

ae_productions G1 Fan

You could buy yourself another one. THen wait for them to sell out. The prices will go up on eBay. Sell it then, stating it has a factory defect. It will probably still sell for more than you paid for it. I've had to do that before. It stinks. But there are people out there who just want the toy and don't care if it's not perfect. I am anal, and not one of those people. One of the few good things about eBay.

9. jaypc

jaypc Liberty or Death

I like that. This toy has been sold out and you're right, I may get my money back this way. I wouldn't buy it either but someone will.

10. bearsuit

bearsuit Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I ordered the PP05 vans directly from iGear. Ratchet was fine, but Ironhide was missing the default head and the platform that holds the head on the figure. iGear never responded to my multiple direct emails and inquiries through the web site. I finally went to Paypal even though I was past the 45-day limit. However, Paypal reached out to iGear about the dispute. iGear's response to my complaint was so obnoxious (according to the Paypal rep) that Paypal decided to shift policy and give me a full refund for Ironhide.

11. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Going to a vendor is worth the extra 5 to 10 bucks. I'll never order directly from Igear again

12. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I don't bother contacting iGear if something breaks or missing. Since I know it takes like 5-6 months (the last time I did it, took over half a year). They will tell you "oh we will send you stuff" if you are lucky. Like others have said, its hit or miss.

13. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Seems like iGear is good if you get your items without any issues. I don't think I have heard a success story yet regarding getting something fixed through iGear.

14. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    well, the one time I contacted them, I did have success in getting it fixed. But

1. it took a long time. in terms of email replies, repair parts being sent, and no confirmation.

2. I had to jump thru hoops just to get a small part replacement. For the amount of work I put in I might as well as work more hours and buy a new one.

15. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    To be fair, they're probably sick of people asking where Presser is.

Good, so they should be. Keep pouring it on!

16. tekering

tekering The Ref

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, your experience is the rare exception, then.
    I went through all the same hoops with e-mails and empty promises, and never actually got the replacement piece I needed.

I realize it's a small part, doesn't affect transformation, and is only visible in robot mode, but still...

[​IMG]

17. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    There is nothing small abotu a FACE missing. I would flip out too is I got a conehead (I want them) with no face.

I hope you get that face, be polite and vigilant and start the process over again witht he email.

18. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Ordering direct from iGear if your paypal protection will expire before you receive your order is almost as dumb as ordering from TFcurse with a credit card... There should be a stickied thread of things NOT to do for those that are unaware...

19. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I have to agree with this. Venturing into the world of online purchases is a scary one. I started doing so a couple of years back and I still recall my ignorance. I would not shop RK because they were overseas, turns out they are one of the best to shop at but once again ignorance clouded me from learning that.

It is easy to forget that we get new members here daily, then you get collectors venturing into the folds of 3P figures which requires 100% online sales. There are people coming here everyday that have no clue which etailers are good and which to avoid and which fall in between where a few small tricks (like waiting closer to release) is enough to make those stores good to shop at.

20. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

this.