Has anyone bought a G1 Reflector KO 'reissue' from China

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by TFsound1, Dec 26, 2019.

1. TFsound1

TFsound1 Well-Known Member

Hello. Does anyone have any experience with buying a G1 Reflector KO reissue from China? I have seen good reviews about the KO on Youtube and take interest. However, I have very strong suspicions. First I saw people selling them for around $28 and then found that they were scamming. I bought one and the guy ended up sending a different package to another state. Recently I saw some sellers with 100% ratings selling them at $10. Buying something like that for that cheap seems too good to be true. Many sellers who were selling them for super cheap eventually got lower ratings within weeks of selling the G1 KO Reflectors. It seems likely that they may be sock puppet accounts because I notice a lot of these scammers coincidentally had their accounts started around November of 2018. Some of the sellers who are selling them for $10 have sold them for at least $35 in the past and so this makes me suspicious of why they selling it for at least 1/3 cheaper when a lot of people buy these KOs anyway? I could buy them for $45 or $55 with a Chinese seller with more trust worthy ratings, but I would prefer to not have to spend that much for a KO. What does everyone think? Should I just wait for a reissue of this toy or will that never happen?

2. Wheeljack1984

Wheeljack1984 Transformers fan since 1984

Ebay:
    Haven't had experience buying a Reflector, but bought a KO G1 Sunstreaker from China. Broke the first time I transformed it. I ended up buying a cheap real G1 Sunstreaker (for parts) from eBay and repaired it.

Now, I have a decent Frankenstein G1 Sunstreaker that looks brand new.

All I am going to say is, if you buy a KO, you get what you pay for.

If you are interested in Reflector, I recommend purchasing the Siege version from Hasbro Pulse. Well worth the money.

3. TFsound1

TFsound1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing your experience! The fact that the KO G1 Sunstreaker broke the first time you transformed it is a red flag. I have also bought a spare G1 Perceptor for parts as well to fix my broken G1 Perceptor that I had as a kid.

I'm sort of more interested in getting the originals because they look better with my G1 collection. I'd like to see a reissue from Hasbro because the originals are too expensive, but I don't know if that will ever happen.

• Like Like x 1