Has any Toy grown on you?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Radioactive Ravage, May 26, 2009.

1. Nemesis Liger

Nemesis Liger Well-Known Member

Armada Side Swipe. Thought he was too kibble-y when I fist saw him, but now I love him.

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    yep lol he grew on me quickly

3. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

No toy, a nasty fungus has though....
    I wish my Quintesson Judge would. I still wish I hadn't bought the stupid thing though.

4. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Movie Payload and Universe Cheetor.

5. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    cybertron menesor, not much to look at in alt mode, but bot mode is very menacing and quite posable

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Animated Jetfire and Jetstorm. First Autobots I ever bought.

7. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

Animated Sentinel Prime.

At first I didn't like him cuz of his character and his toy looked kinda kiddy but man I love him now.

8. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    classics astrotrain, the original figure pulled off the alt modes so much better 24 years ago, but he's alright now, still need henkei though

9. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    To agree with a few others: Movie Bonecrusher. He was probably my least favorite movie figure for awhile. One day I crouched him over like a gorilla, extended his arms, and got him in a "charging" pose and realized how epic it looked.

Thats the big one, but a few others:
    Animated Deluxe Bumblebee: I know he is generally hated by most, but for some reason I find his transformation fun. It just dawned on me one day when I was messing around with him.

Movie Leader Megatron: First TF I bought (well, I had some during the BW days when I was a wee lad, but the first I bought when I started to collect them), and it was a major turn off. Now, over time, I have grown to like him quite a bit. He just screams evil. Of course, the alt mode is still pretty bad.

10. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TFA Dinobots.
    am not a fan of the animated toys and had only planned to buy Omega Supreme because he is the big OS himself, but saw Swoop and Snarl on clearance and then i got a deal on Grimmy.

am annoyed by QC issues on Swoop, but overall, he still looks good. and the Dinos all are nifty!

11. Harrier

Harrier Well-Known Member

Universe 2.0 Powerglide. When I first saw him didnt much care for him, but as soon as I got to hold one, I knew I NEEDED the damn plasticcrack. I have loved him ever since.

12. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Cybertron Thunderblast. After I bought her I had instant buyer's remorse over her blatant shellformeriness, and tucked her in the back of my AEC shelf in disdain. A year or so later I was re-arranging and cleaning and started fiddling with her again. "Huh," I thought, "that's sort of a neat little boat.... look, it has little seats and everything!" And suddenly I liked the toy.

Another was Energon Landmine. I got him in an eBay lot with several other figures, and didn't pay him much attention. When I finally got around to fiddling with him, I realized what a great mold it is, brute mode and all.

13. DinoTarant

DinoTarant Well-Known Member

This would require me to buy something I don't like, which I have yet to do with the 2.0 line.

14. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Animated AeroTwins- Their general personality made me bought them.

15. alexcollier

alexcollier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought Supreme Cheetor out of morbid curiosity.

At first, I hated the damn thing. Now, it's just so weird. I love it.

I did find the message printed on the interior box flap amusing though. It says in large, pink letters "WE REALLY DO CARE!"

Don't try to justify things. It's clear that you don't.:rolleyes: 

16. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    the whole movie line and animated at first i was like ewww some one chomped on megz face then i saw the movie and now im colecting them

and for animated i thought they had just messed it with teen titans

17. Evertransformin

Evertransformin Well-Known Member

legends g1 jazz. i never buy legends but i got him cause i needed a jazz 2 stand wit my classics/universe. and i'll be damned if the lil fellow hasn't grown on me. he lives in my camera bag.

18. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ah

Animated Starscream, at first I passed then after he got kind of scarce I picked him up, He is a great toy, poseable as well, the only problem is that I wish I had waited and got Skywarp or Sunstorm instead, but the colors have grown on me as well.

Alternators Sideswipe as well, I bought him 2 times before I kept him, I bought him in the 2 pack at TRU with Smokeescreen sold Smoke Screen and Sideswipe then bought him alone.

At Target once I found Treadbolt for 50 cents my Gf found it stuck in an endcap in a brand new Target years after it should have been gone, I guess they recycled stock or something, any ways Energon was one of the lines I skipped while I was into Gundams.

He grew on me and I bought the whole combiner but then dumped him for a crazy amount, and now kind of regret it since the Superion upgrade kit is out.

I am still up in the air about Robot Heroes Cheetor Black Arachnia, I think if I find them cheap somewhere in the inevitable clearance to come, they may grow on me.

I think clearance has this effect on people since it makes us get something we normally would not.