Harry Potter Vs ROTF - Anyone concerned?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starscreamer217, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

I really never watched nor never will a Harry Potter movie (That's a personal preference) what get's me is that the fan's that like HP are on a TF site trying to say why the're film is "Better" all i have to say is numbers don't lie if ROTF was so bad then why did/has it made $800 million? Now some people say that the Overall HP was a better overall plot movie than ROTF but like I said before you are at a TRANSFORMERS site the majority of people that look in that thread are talking about ROTF NOT HP! I really don't care about HP and this was just a excuse to see who was better and to start little petty "fights"

All I have to say is that overall ROTF is the 9th all time most successfull movie and that not only says that the movie is a monetary success but it almost guarantees a sequel which not only pleases Hasbro but the fans and it is a win/win (For the most part) with alot of TF Fans....

2. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Judge Ephland, that's who!

Wasn't the original point of this thread about whether or not people were "worried" that HP6 would be the #1 earner of the year? That "worry" went away pretty quick, I was kind of hoping this thread would too.

3. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You make it sound as if a bunch of random HP fans registered for TFW specifically to come bash transformers and defend Harry Potter. A thread was started to debate the possible effects of Harry Potter on Rotf ticket sales. What we got was a bunch of childish "hell no harry potter sucks ass!!"
    As a transformers fan who also enjoys the HP franchise I am going to defend something I enjoy. I don't really defend Rotf because I didnt enjoy it that much but I am glad for its success since making money is good for the franchise as a whole. Even still at no point, to my recollection, is there anywhere in the thread that anybody say that the HP franchise is "better" then the Transformers franchise. However there are some HP movies that have better story pacing and characterization then Rotf. There's nothing wrong with saying that because the movies as a whole are trying to accomplish completly different vibes. That is why I have continually stated it is silly to compare the movies and franchises.

4. Dead Metal

Dead Metal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't care if HP makes more money than ROTF cos what do I gain from ether being successful?

And I'm not going to bother watching the new Harry Potter cos I disliked the last few, they are bad compared to the books. The books are better.

5. Keroshino

Keroshino Lovable Clod!

News Credits:
    i don't like harry potter...but

If i was given the choice of a movie i would be forced to see
    Twilight or Harry Potter...
    i would chose Harry Potter because at least i would be mildly entertained

6. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I'm sorry, you seem to have stopped making any sense at all. Allow me to explain why.
    First of all, you're starting to prove my point that people are becoming illiterate on this issue. That's at least two sentences there, not one. Why does it bother you that people think a film you haven't seen is better? How does that possibly have any affect on your life?

And please don't try and pull the "it made more money so it must be better" argument. Have a look at a list of highest-grossing films. For a start, you'll see that there's four Harry Potter movies higher on the list than ROTF presently is. ROTF has quite a way to go before it beats Titanic. So by your logic, Titanic is a better film than ROTF. What are YOU doing on a Transformers site if you prefer crappy romantic films taking a dump on history? Worst of all, by your logic, The Phantom Menace is the best Star Wars film. Try arguing that point on a Star Wars forum (or against anyone with any taste) and see how far you get.
    Yes. We're on a Transformers site IN A THREAD COMPARING ROTF TO A HARRY POTTER FILM. If anyone was starting a fight, it was the person who started the thread, not the people who preferred Harry Potter. You can't start a thread comparing two things and then bitch when not everyone agrees with you. Well, you can, but it makes you look very silly.

No it isn't. So far, it's at number 20 on the list.
    So again, why do you care that some people prefer a movie that you haven't seen?

7. Sound Blaster

Never Mind the whole point was missed on my posts...:banghead: 

For the record I thought the original poster that started this thread just had a point and it spiraled from there. The only thing I didn't like is that SOME of the posts were comparing HP to ROTF..You know what who cares?

I just hate threads started theat start out good and then go downhill fast.....

8. MegaHavok

News Credits:
    This thread didnt start good at all. the second post is "Harry Potter Sucks" and the fourth is "to hell with harry potter."

9. Optimus Sledge

You have to remember that, for some people, that made for an excellent conversation. :inquisiti 

So what WAS your point, Sound Blaster? I seem to have hammered down everything you said, what did I miss?

10. Sound Blaster

That as soon as someone slammed HP then they slammed ROTF...Haven't we seen these threads over & over etc?

It get's old...

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Crazy like the Fox

I saw the movie the other day, it was pretty good for an HP movie, and CERTAINLY better than HP5. The movie will be a good contender against ROTF, but at this point with ROTF as the 9th highest grossing movie of all time, does it matter anymore?

12. MegaHavok

News Credits:
    Thats true but um..."THEY STARTED IT!!!"" :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol 

So the new rule is people can diss what ever they want but you cant defend it or compare it to transformers?

13. Optimus Sledge

I still don't understand your point. You've wibbled on about box office takings, going to other forums and I know not what else, but you basically seem to be complaining that people who liked the Harry Potter movie had the temerity to express their opinion. Do I have that right?

14. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Please let this thread end.............

15. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

ROTF and HP are totally different genre movies...not sure how they can be even compared except for the amount of $$$ they make...

this thread is turning into those hardcore fanboy threads like Trekkies vs Sw vs Hobbit...lol

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  16. Sound Blaster

Yes please....

17. Starscreamer217

Starscreamer217 Banned

News Credits:
    Damn... never expected a thread from me, who was slammed for his ideas, his work, taste, and everything under the Sun, to last this long! A record!

Now, people, this is a discussion over if anyone's worried about Harry Potter conquering ROTF. And it turned into a slamageddon: go hissy-fit through your pms.

The last thread discussing box office from me turned into a fight over views on gay/lesbian. And got shut down. It was meant to be news of how we were defeated at the weekend box office. Maybe even making it to the front page. But noo... everyone had to get in each other's faces, saying "Gay is bad" and crap like that.

Anyway, DAMN!

18. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    :lol  you're right, we need to shut this down! a thread by you should never last longer than a page or two, as arguements almost always spring up. quick, before it gets violent, end it!!! :D 

19. arcee3

arcee3 Well-Known Member

Here's how I see it. Remember when everyone was afraid Twilight would beat out The Dark Knight? My point exactly.

20. Starscreamer217

Starscreamer217 Banned

News Credits:
    Hm. :D  Never thought of that. Good point!