Harry Potter Vs ROTF - Anyone concerned?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starscreamer217, Jul 14, 2009.

1. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just saw Harry Potter, and I have to say that Harry Potter was the better movie, but ROTF is a lot more fun to watch. The problem with this movie is that the book is structured to set the stage for the final book, and as such it is a lot better when put in context.

2. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

People are concerned over this? Really?

Dammit people, Harry Potter fans are people too. I don´t like Harry Potter, but it surpasses Transformers, I don´t really care. They have the right to enjoy the movies they like.

3. Necrocom4

Necrocom4 Well-Known Member

frikkin g-force beat harry potter this weekend. what does that tell you?

4. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

Agree in spades.

I didn't want to punch any of the characters in the face during Harry Potter.

5. nintendocon

nintendocon Autocon

HAHAHA seriously? wow Harry Potter is not looking so great now.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That any pos movie can sell tickets if it has talking animals in it. Honestly, it's been a bit of a hit or miss situation with Disney the past couple of years, especially with 3D movies coming back into popularity. It seems their kind of forcing into as many movies as they can these days. Anyways, HP6 ticket sales should pick up on Wednesday, as it's finally going to open up in IMAX. I'd go see it, but the closest one is about a two hour drive away. I'm a huge HP fan, and I absolutely love HP6 (seen it twice so far), but the drive up there isn't really worth it. Though I'm thinking about making a trip up there for at least one of the last two movies, if not both. The seventh one is getting released about the same time as my birthday.

7. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah um No. Daniel Radcliffe just turned 20 a couple of days ago according to Imdb. That means he was 18-19 when this movie was filmed. At this point in the story Harry Potter is 16. A two and a half year difference is hardly weird, funny, or worth mentioning. He is the same age or younger then all the people playing teenagers on TV. Most of the cast of Gossip girl is like 25

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    QFT. It's not uncommon for actors/actresses to play characters that are younger, or even older, than they actually are. Age isn't all that hard to fake with the right make-up and costume.

9. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    you should be ashamed to know that.

10. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

Harry Potter is NOT a kids book & movie. It may have started out that way in the first 2 books but got mature real fast starting with the 3rd book/movie.

I'm a fan of both and I enjoy them for what they are. It's nice seeing the HP book put to film but too bad they can't get it all in the movie (like the battle at the end of HP6 could have been ALOT better like it was in the book). HP 5 final battle was amazing and HP6 should have done that.

I also think it is not fair to compare the stories. HP is based on a worldwide best selling novel and Transformers a movie adapted from a kids cartoon. I can't say I am surprised at people wanting some oscar winning script for Transformers but it's just not realistic.

11. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

I rest my case.....Besides from a "small" minority this is a KIDS (Meaning pre-teen & teenager movie) I heard and seen MOST of the adult fan's saying ehh when they saw it. Just like Pixar movies they are MEANT for kids even though some adults watch them too but it's still a movie targeted at KIDS..TF is targeted at the masses not just the fan boys...:rolleyes2 

END OF STORY>>>>>>>>>>>

12. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What a stupid thing to say
    Why should I be ashamed that I researched something to prove a point I was making? I looked at a couple of teen shows and Gossip girl was by far the worst in the actors being old. I have never seen an episode of Gossip Girl but their would be nothing wrong if I did. Who are you to judge whats ok to watch?

Small Minority? are you kidding? Do you think there is alot of grade school kids going to all these midnight showings? HP and Pixar movies are very much family films. They are made for everybody and deal with alot of issues that kids might not even notice. Harry Potter deals with issues like racism and poverty, sadly toned down for the films, and Pixar even had a movie largely based on a midlife crisis and marriage problems with the Incredibles. Look at a movie like Wall E and all the elements that are focused on like environmentalism, obesity and so on. It's insulting to both these franchises to call them Kids movies. Look at the up coming "Aliens in the Attic" or "Shorts" movies. Those are kids movies

I would hardly say that Tf was made for mass media. Like every mega action Bay movie they are made for that beloved of all groups Men 18-40. Any other group that latches on to it is just pure luck. It sucks saying it but if my kid was old enough to go to the movies I dont think I would take her to see Rotf. Their are a lot of things in Rotf that just aren't appropriate for kids.

13. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Not anymore I'm not. :p 

14. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And Shia is 23, which meant he was 21-22 when filming ROTF, playing a character that just started college, making him about 17-18.

The Actor who played Harry Potter was at most 19 when filming their last movie, where the character is 16.

:wtf:  indeed.

15. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

This. And I'm looking forward to RotF on DVD (or better, Blu-ray and I don't give 2 damns about LeBeef or Megan).

16. -Wreckage-

-Wreckage- I'm Not An Architect

News Credits:
  17. Sound Blaster

Your right Wreckage These people DON'T get it! They come in here saying that HP is better blah,blah,blah (Remember we are at a TRANSFOMERS SITE!)so when people give it back to them or HP slips then they try and defend it...Like I said TF is going to make more than $800 Million and HP will not make that ammount...

What are Harry Potter fans doing on a TRANSFORMERS site anyway?? :tumbleweed: 

You want to talk HP go to a HP site not here and start bashing ROTF because YOU think it sucks...your wrong EOS (END OF STORY)

:horse:  :deadhorse: 

Well you and MegaHavok really are the only one's that think that....:rolleyes2 

18. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

God forbid anyone enjoy both franchises.

19. Sound Blaster

Tue there is no hate BUT I'm not going to sign up at a Harry Potter website and talk Transformers ROTF is better!

That's ******ed...:drool: 

20. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

We must be reading different threads. All I seem to see is a bunch of people slagging off Harry Potter with often illiterate outbursts. So what is the problem with people who enjoy both Harry Potter and Transformers saying they preferred the Potter film? We keep coming back to this point of "What difference will it make? How will Transformers (or 'we' as the OP put it :rolleyes: ) suffer from another film doing well?" The answers are, in order, "none" and "it won't."

Oh, and it's ok to be a Transformers fan and not like ROTF. Being a fan of a franchise doesn't mean mindlessly lapping up everything that comes out with that label on it.