Harry Potter Vs ROTF - Anyone concerned?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starscreamer217, Jul 14, 2009.

1. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry I'm paranoid like that. I saw it twice. The first time I saw it was for free. I felt obligated to support it financially so it saw it again. I had a friend who saw dark knight a dozen times. I just don't get the obsession. For me its like when you like a song on the radio and it gets played to death and then you get sick of it.

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i loved ROTF. me and my half brother connect thru transformers. he grew up with them back in the 80's and i got them now. going to see the two films with him in theaters are some of my fondest memories, and i look forward to the third film. he LOVED rotf, and he loves g1 (heck when i got classics bumblebee he sort of ranted on how it should be a vw bettle, but he is fine with the movies). i love harry potter, but the last movie was such a let down (i love the book though). hopefully this time it will be different

3. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Boy are you on the wrong website then....

4. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

I don't know about scenes being in the wrong place, but there were some big and important scenes cut out that shouldn't have been while other useless scenes were kept, or even added. They wasted time and money they could have used on key scenes on stuff that was irrelevant. There were some parts that they nailed completely, but others that are very disappointing. And the end was far away from the spirit of the book, and is almost insulting. It is the only movie that I was upset by the adaptation being poor. What they miss is not because of a time issue, but just because they made extremely poor choices.

5. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

Look it already lost the top spot (And only after a week) and it's total earned is down...

Big Robots Kicking Ass > Teenage Wizards

And ROTF IS still taking in about $3 after what over a month at the theatres???

:bay 

6. Repainted

Repainted Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I see what Potter makes and the people who watch it and it saddens me. It's all opinion but I just wonder who neutered the male fans of the Potter stuff. All these fairies waiving around their little wands in their near British exclusive Wizard of Oz rip-off and people lick it up. I know there's a lot of female fans (the same ones who pushed that awful Titanic movie to nearly $2 Billion worldwide) and gullible little kids who havent grown out of it..if ever. It just reeks to me and I have seen 2 of the movies (so people don't think my observations are made without investigating) and not willingly either (female friend a few years ago and my fiance in 2007 being the causes). I know I'll draw flak and I don't care. I'm here for the Transformers, not the little witch boys and their spot of tea (I genuinely have no problem with the U.K., I just think there's a lot wrong with this series) I'm even surpassing my original intent to the see ROTF 5 times (6 viewings at present) just to support what I love and kick away what I don't.

7. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Second weekend was down compared to HP5

8. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Harry Potter was an ok movie by itself-however, as a movieversion of the 6th book, it was horrendous.

Transformers was just wicked, and shall kick the butt of Potter to the curb. and note-im a HUGE harry potter fan.

9. Schrecken

Schrecken Active Member

10. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    And ROTF is now in the top 10 movies all time domestically!

It's finishing up its run, and should make a crack at $400 million.

11. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This a website about Transformers. It is a hobby of mine. I love this site. That has nothing to do with me not understand paying for constant viewing of a movie regardless of how good it is. Even if Rotf had been a much better movie i wouldn't see in theaters multiple times. I still would only pay to see it once and spend my other money doing things like buying transformers. I have no issue with people that do it, its their money and they can spend it as they see fit. Its just not my thing and I dont understand it.

As for Harry Potter I refer to this Yahoo article:
    The sixth installment in the Harry Potter franchise has now made $222 million total, which is $14 million ahead of where part five, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," was after 12 days in theaters in 2007. And this week, "Half-Blood Prince" will start showing on 166 IMAX screens, which the last "Harry Potter" movie did from the start.
    The franchise is still doing good and I refer to my original opinion of the thread: Both franchise have preformed very well and will have their sequels. I still feel the movies have their pros and cons, very different audiences, different styles, and really comparing them or putting them against each other is just silly made up drama

12. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I guess my point was lost.

13. gonzo23

gonzo23 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Potter has a broader fan base that Transformers, so it'll probably end up making more. I saw potter with my kids, and I have to say... It was Horrible!! So boring! I kept waiting for some action which never came! It was just a love story between the characters!

14. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Abandon thread. Abandon thread. We have a new rival and enemy! Take up arms. Gather en massé in the new thread! To arms! To arms!

15. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I asked if I should be worried about other films, but no one took it seriously. Well who's laughing now, huh? WHO'S LAUGHING NOW!!!?!?!?!?!!? Transformers is doomed unless we force Hollywood to stop making other movies. We're doomed, I tell you. Doomed.
    [​IMG]

And Harry Potter is a Wizard of Oz ripoff? Really? REALLY? Ya know, it's ok for you to not be interested in it without resorting to making crap up.

16. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Well I don't really care how much money ROFL made over HP, but I have to say, I thought Harry Potter was a better movie all around. Less plot holes, better story, and less annoying chracters.

17. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Which plot holes did TF2 have again?

18. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    so i take it you enjoyed harry potter and the two hours of filler

19. Whitefire78

Whitefire78 Well-Known Member

Well said ^^^, and there was action *Miss miss miss miss Hit OUCH* That's it..

20. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

QFT

Harry Potter is a KIDS book & movie and it's funny that this character is like 19-21 years old and in the books he's much younger...:wtf: