Happy Armed Forces Day!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bryan, May 16, 2009.

1. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:lol 

Whatever, dude.

2. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

Thx military men and women for willingly doing a job I'm not half brave enough to do myself

3. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I weep for your ignorance. Well not really weep, more like long drawn out sigh, followed by a Twin-Twisty "Really?"

Kind of at an interesting point here in my military family. My dad is recently retired (27 years in space command) and my brother is just starting pilot training down by Del Rio.

4. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

That was uncalled for. :throw 

5. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

In honor of Armed Forces Day, everyone should join the Army!! ;) 

6. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

I think I would rather join the marines if I was gonna do infantry. You can go to pretty much any school in the Army including S.E.R.E, Rangers and Halo, apparently you can also transfer into the Navy Seal program and the marines have their own exclusive programs as well and if you don't want infantry who knows maybe you will get to pilot a helicoptor or something

7. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ lol, that's only if the marines tell you to. :D 

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    A salute from me to all the men and women who have more balls than i do.

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Proud of y'all, you brave warriors. :thumb 

10. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    You all say I'm ignorant, but why would that be?

My step-father is a proud Korean War and World War 2 vet, and I'm damn proud of those men serving our countries in a less informed time, where the world wasn't as widely broadcasted as it is today.

Now, you couldn't even drop a pin from a skyscraper without somebody telling the world about it. It's a different time. A different world. A world where the internet is soon connecting all of us together as one, and we can communicate with anyone from a different country.

I find the presence of armed forces to be conflicting against this "coming together"-ness, because it seems we've gotten the idea that "We must be protected from the Iraqis!! We must be protected from the Koreans! We must be protected from the Russians!! We don't know what they can do!!!!!!"

You border yourselves between two other countries, write some laws and rules for "your people" to follow, then tell the world that these are your rules, and if you don't follow them... "We're coming to get you!!"

It's like sheltering yourselves in a room, when there's a house full of people there as well. "My room, my rules!! This is the country of Bob, and what I say goes!! Who cares about all of you outside my room! I've got everything I need! Me and my Bobians!"

But you know what, that's fine. It is your room, and your can do what you want in it.

However, your shutting yourself out from the rest of the people in the house, not knowing what they are like. Shutting yourself away from the fact... that we are all human. But nope... Bob and his country doesn't like that idea. So he creates his protector of his room... the Door.

The Door to Bob's room is the armed forces of his country, the line of defense against his sovereignty. Once that goes, he's either open to attack, OR...

He can swallow his pride and develop a relationship with the rest of the house, and honestly listen to what THE PEOPLE have to say. Not just Bobians. Not just Candicens. Not just Pedroians. Not just the Wallicish. The WHOLE HOUSE and it's occupants.

You listen to the WHOLE WORLD!! Everyone works with everyone to make it a better place. Working together as HUMANS.

That's what I have to say. Hopefully someone will understand...

11. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Cool story bro.

Also, in before Rule 3.

12. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Bless our soldiers.

13. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    To anyone serving their country-you are appreciated.

14. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because the world isn't the way you want it to be. ANd the internet only works if you have it. Or can use it without being shot in the head.

15. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I do. I also understand that after we do all that, we'll take the Gumdrop Train to Candyland, where we'll all stay at the Lollipop Hotel.

And then I'll marry Marisa Miller AND Bar Rafeli in a joint ceremony.

16. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Well, I've got a unique way I'm spending my memorial day weekend. I'll be at a Camp Blanding, Florida doing airsoft at their MOUT facility. It's basically a mock city. I've been here before and I've had plenty of crazy action, I was apart of an ambush in the forest, I got to take cover in this cool camoflage bunker then I got flank my opponents via the sewer network and a whole bunch of other crazy stuff.

17. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Well, I've got a unique way I'm spending my memorial day weekend. I'll be at a Camp Blanding, Florida doing airsoft at their MOUT facility. It's basically a mock city. I've been here before and I've had plenty of crazy action, I was apart of an ambush in the forest, I got to take cover in this cool camoflage bunker then I got flank my opponents via the sewer network and a whole bunch of other crazy stuff.

But also, thumbs up to the military men. Teh, Im not very good at expressing those sort of things.

EDIT: Gawd dernit, stupid work proxy fooled me into a double post. Sorry!

18. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Um... Politics, Religion and Abortion were in no ways mentioned in my post.

19. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just cause we serve our country, dont automatically assume we agree with whats going on. Hopefully you can understand that.

Last edited: May 21, 2009
  20. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    A hearty "THANK YOU" to all you boys and girls in the service. If you keep protecting us in the tech sector, we'll keep building you neat stuff that helps protect you better.

...and Cheetor man...you should probably give up at this point before the hole gets too deep.