Halo Infinite

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Omegashark18, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Soundlips

Soundlips Defending Reactivate since 2020 loves Tinfoil Hats

News Credits:
    raw.png

Goddamn, I just checked the player stats for Halo and it is being beat out by games like Battlefield 2042.

I think it is safe to say Halo is dead, or damn near close because people don't even want to play MCC either.

Slow clap applaud to 343, you somehow managed to GoT season 8 Halo, so much so, that people are not only not interested in playing your new game, but also killed the urged to play the old ones as well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Screenshot_20230118-190102_Twitter.jpg

Ouch, 10,000 layoffs at Microsoft and 343 seems to be taking a lot of it.

This might be it folks, they are officially saying Halo is a flop a dying series and look to be shutting down by heavily downsizing 343.

Even the most hardcore defenders or Xbox are saying this is the end, and that Halo might take a long hiatious to fix all the damage was done and get a new primary studio.

It's safe to say Halo infinite is officially dead as they are now already skeleton crewing it as of right now.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Joseph Staten is gone. Infinite is basically dead. There's no future games planned.

Yeah, hate to say it, but I think this might be it. Bye Halo, thanks for all the great memories.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Yep, the only thing I have heard so far is that they might put it on hiatus for some time to rebuild and find a new main studio, then might do a soft reboot with all new characters that tie in back to the originals.

But hell, seeing as how they planned on Infinite lasting for a decade, I don't imagine we will see or hear anything about it till at least the PS6 and the next next generation of consoles.

I also heard rumors that they might make an open license for it to make it multiplatform and have multiple studios makes different types of Halo games, but I think that's just wishful thinking by people who are praying the Halo series didn't just go silently into the night.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Wow shit, things are about to get spicy for Xbox. The devs that were let go are starting to tell their tales and boy are they not holding back anything, starting to reveal bad and shady decisions from the higher ups all the way up to Phil Spencer.

I imagine journalist are currently as we speak getting the full behind the scenes story and their may be a bigger shake up in leadership than just say 343 but Xbox and Microsoft as a whole.

They just fucking tanked their flagship game, if it was Sony or Nintendo, every single person involved would have been fired on the spot, so I imagine some swift and severe actions are coming for Xbox. Not to mention they are also cutting down Starfields dev team, so maybe they realize that game is looking very rough as well. Xbox might be fucked for a good while because they simply just don't have games. Yes, they bought a shit ton of studios, but it will be years till that actually starts to pay off. In the meantime, they are kinda fucked and losing more and more supporters.

7. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

So, Halo´s story is gonna end on a cliffhanger?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Halo ended with 3. And Reach, technically, but that was a prequel. To me, Halo died when Bungie left. Everything was wrapped up nicely, there was no need to keep going.

As for the news regarding the layoffs at Microsoft, yeah, this is definitely going to hurt Xbox really badly.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Yep, Halo is dead. Especially infinite. They got rid of their entire campaign story crew, the lead creative director and a ton of people who worked on it, and this is only the first wave of layoffs, more are coming in Q3 of this year. They are now officially on a skeleton crew for this game.

And yeah, I agree, Halo ended with Reach. I personally liked Halo 5 multi-player but it ended with Reach.

Right now, it looks like Microsoft is slowly shutting down 343 and moving Halo elsewhere. What exactly will happen next is anyone's guess.

• Like Like x 1
  10. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

11. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Yep that sounds right, as I have heard from multiple people and multiple sources is that 343 will be heavily back-seated and be pretty much nonexist towards making Halo games in the future. The most I have heard so far is that 343 may oversee various Halo games made by other studios but wont be creating them themselves.

As of right now, 343 has lost over 1/3 of its current staff and there's more layoffs to come, primarily the campaign people, artists, all contractors, and a decent number of multiplayer devs as well. 343 is dead, or just as good as dead because they will never have the man power or trust to be a main dev ever again, at most they will be a support studio if the entire place isn't completely run into the ground by then.

Not to add to the matter, they currently couldn't even make a new Halo if they wanted to, as most of the team was short term contractors who were let go, so now there's only a handful of people who can work on their Slipspace engine. Because of this, they are making the Slipspace more open source so that more studios and devs can work on future Halo projects.

If you at this point don't see how bad of shape Halo and 343 is in right now, it's just denial at this point. The facts are very obvious and very well in the open. The ship is sinking and nothing is going to stop it going down. Our only hope is that they don't fully kill the IP and give it to a new studio who can actually do it justice.

But on the otherhand, Microsoft is not doing too hot themselves right now. They bought a bunch of new studios and basically left them unchecked the second they put their Xbox logo on them and because they have gone unchecked for so long, a lot are suffering from bad management and other problems, so it will take quite some time to fix all their studios and actually get quality content coming out again. They put all their own efforts into acquiring new studios and not making quality products and now it is heavily starting to show. Once they acquired a new studio, they pretty much just abandoned them to go acquire a new studio and not really help them put out the best product they could.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Screenshot_20230120-212721_Twitter.jpg

Some more sources

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Was the idiot in charge with writing new lore for 343 fired? Can't recall the name, but he used to hang around NeoGAF and took the slightest criticism about changes personally and would insult the fans.

• Like Like x 2
  14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I think the hardest part for this franchise going forward is getting people to care about Halo again. The vast majority of fans seem to be coming to terms with its "death" and the fact that they're adamantly staying on track with their current plans to focus squarely on Infinite's multiplayer isn't convincing me and others like me that the franchise is going to bounce back. I couldn't give a shit about Infinite at this point if you paid me to. I don't even hate it or anything, it's just total apathy.

IIRC he was, partway through Infinite's development.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Yep, Halo is pretty much dead, even though there are a lot of nay sayers that say otherwise, look at the facts, they straight up finally started to shut down 343 and have come out and said it's not a flagship game anymore, WHICH IS HUGE. The LITERALLY Xbox defining game, is no longer it's defining game.

And this has been a long time coming, some left after Halo 4, a lot left after Halo 5, and even though Infinite brought back some of them back briefly, a vast majority jumped ship for the final time because they know this series is dead and going nowhere. And yeah, it's now going to be fighting a massively uphill battle like every other studio that fucked up royally and lost the interest and trust of the fanbase.

The only way they are going to actually win people back over is to give Halo over to a new studio that will finally do it justice, bring it back to the "M" rating, as they lost a lot of story telling power when they downgraded, do a hard/soft reboot with all new characters and stories loosely based on the old, and more importantly, actually make sure its done and give it time to be fully developed.

Right now, I have very little faith in Xbox and Microsoft, which is saying a lot, because I used to be a very strong defender of them, but no more. The last three games, they have said, this is the game players have been wanting and asking for. No the fuck they were not. Xbox has a lot of problems right now that the need to get fixed asap before they can starting making quality games again. I know people give Playstation and Nintendo a lot of shit, but at least they are both constantly putting out new games that are actually worth a damn, and that's something Xbox has not been doing for this generation. Yeah they got a good console, but no games and won't for years to come. Xbox bit off more than they can chew and now its biting them in the ass hard. I knew Xbox was fucked when people who were die hard supporters since the OG Xbox began jumping ship and telling people to stay away from Xbox.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    And I just finished Infinite on my new X via my new Gamepass subscription. Oof.

17. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Yep, you might as well delete it now and play the old halos. They cut all story dlc with the team, and are only focusing on certain MP aspects like more marketplace stuff with minor content updates for a little bit.

They just put out a statement saying Halo and Chief are going to stay at 343. Yeah, like that will last, the got rid of most of their team and a good deal of the fanbase is calling for the head because they keep fucking up Halo. There ain't a chance in Hell they are making another Halo game, at most all they will do is oversee and be a possible support studio for someone else to make Halo.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    I’m already in the process of deleting my Microsoft account. I’ve had it since I started using Hotmail back in 1998. Got an Xbox Live account ten years later. Made a lot of great memories playing with people from this site.

I’ve put up with a lot of bullshit Microsoft’s done with Xbox, but now I’ve hit my limit. Treating the Halo and Gears series like dirt when their respective creators left, buying up studios left and right and then doing fuck all with them afterwards, the Kinect, the reveal of the Xbox One and the DRM crap that was originally planned for the system before fan backlash forced them to backtrack, I am fucking done.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Ha, I played it off the cloud, no files to delete!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Once Starfield comes out in a rough state as well, a lot more people are going to do this. The priorities have been in the wrong place for a very long time. And yeah sure they may have really good games, in like 5 years when they finally fix all there shit. Until then, they really don't got a fucking thing.

The funny thing is that 343 panicked and put out a response saying they will continue to work on Halo, but every piece of news prior shows otherwise. I mean seriously, how are they supposed to make quality future stories when you just fired that entire department?