Halo figures are out!!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by seeker311, Feb 27, 2008.

1. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    damn, wish I had seen that 12 buck price. Maybe they'll get some more or other stores will start discounting soon.

2. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Dude, they put stuff up at the most random ass times. If I see another $12.99 Jun, I'll snag one for you and send it off to ya for that price + shipping.

3. theestampede

News Credits:
    Sounds good to me. I'd definitely appreciate that. Any of the Halo play arts for 12 bucks would be awesome.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    McFarlane has finally put up pictures of series 5.

SPAWN.COM >> TOYS >> GAMES AND ANIMATION

Carter doesn't look so bad without his helmet on, but he's still an easy pass for me. I plan on getting Kat's unhelmeted figure, so the only Noble team members I'll have will be her, Emile, and Jorge. Which honestly, is fine with me.

The Noble team set would be nice, if I was at all interested in more than half the figures in it. I've got Jorge and Emile, and have no interest in their generic Noble 6 figure. Carter and Jun would be nice, but aren't must-haves for me, so Kat's really the only interesting one to me.

The Skirmisher Murmillo is actually kinda cool looking. I've heard that the Minor is almost impossible to stand, but I might get this guy. Would help add some variation to my Covenant forces. It also helps a little that I appreciate reference to the Murmillo gladiators.

The weapons pack is definitely nice. I like that it's different from the reference image BBTS has been using for it. Only thing I would change, is I would have replaced the plasma rifle with a plasma repeater (does the rifle even exist in Reach?). The inclusion of the needle rifle, concussion rifle, and jet-pack, I'll probably get this set.

The Covenant Spec Ops 2-pack is something I think I'll get. After watching a review for the series 4 gold Elite, I'm not so-sure about the Reach fuel rod cannon, but I really like the look of the Grunt figure. Only thing that worries me about this set, is the quality of the plastic used for the Elite. I've never held any of the previous translucent figures, so I'm not sure how the translucent plastic will compare to the solid stuff.

The Target armor pack is a nice surprise (not sure if I had read anything about it previously). I'm tempted to get this and the Target exclusive figure to make my own Spartan, rather than paint my own, but at the same time I'm not a huge fan of the brighter red coloration. I'm more of a brick red fan. Which admittedly is not a huge difference, but it's something that would but me a little.

If I do go the route of painting, it'll be the steel colored CQB set. It's got the Mk.V helmet and shoulders that I know I would use, and some other options I could pick from.

With this....Thundercats....and Transformers Prime....my wallet is going to be in tears by Christmas....

5. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    fuck my wallet is still bleeding money trying to catch up with series 4

6. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:

The translucent figures, at least in the Reach line, are very solid, Raven. That Elite might be hard to stand, but some of the normal ones are as well.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The more I look at this set, the more I wish it was just a 2-pack of Noble 6 and the Elite Ranger. It'd be a must-have if it wasn't for Jorge. In the end, I'll probably get this set, customize Noble 6 into another custom Spartan, add the Elite to my Covenant forces, and attempt to sell or trade Jorge.

Thanks for the reply. It's nice to know the translucent figures have been comparable to the regular one's quality wise. From my experience, some transparent figures can turn out poor compared to their solid counterparts. As for how it'll stand, I've got an Elite Minor, so I know what to expect. Not horrible, but definitely not the easiest to stand.

8. daytimeninja

daytimeninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anniversary Series 2 is up for preorder on BBTS!

9. Bashaa

Bashaa Well-Known Member

I think i will get the Gungnir Armor pack instead of the Single Figure.

10. Bumblebee028

Bumblebee028 Technobot Prime

News Credits:
    K so question, cause i'm not so into these figures yet.

If I got this Steel Gunguir Armor Set here:SPAWN.COM >> TOYS >> GAMES AND ANIMATION >> HALO: REACH 5
    And this Olive/Tan Custom Gunguir Spartan here:SPAWN.COM >> TOYS >> GAMES AND ANIMATION >> HALO: REACH 5

Could I add the helmet of the Steel Gunguir Spartan on to this Spartan, or is it just the helmet exchange on the armor pack spartan? Cause I REALLY hate that variant of the Gunguir helmet, and this spartan looks almost EXACTLY like my spartan. So, would this be doable? Also, would it be possible to switch in a security shoulder with a knife onto this spartan? Cause I'd do that.

BB28

11. theestampede

News Credits:
    the helmet color would be wrong but its definitely possible to swap them. The chest, shoulder pads and helmets are all swapable on these figs.

I'm interested in seeing what "the package" chief looks like. I'd also be pleased if Keyes were polygonal like the CE chief

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It's nice to see that the Anniversary line is continuing, and with some characters I was hoping for (Captain Keyes and 343 Guilty Spark).

"The Package" Master Chief will be interesting to see in action figure form. Will be nice to have him to reenact that particular short from Halo Legends. Hopefully this version of MC is also Reach scaled. Would be interesting to see a Booster Frame made for him to ride, and maybe a Dr. Halsey to save, lol.

Keyes will be interesting to see. I'm not a big fan of his character, but I'll still get him. Should go nicely with CE Chief.

343 Guilty Spark and the Sentinel are a nice looking set. I'll definitely get them. Hopefully they've got some sort of stand for each of them.

The white Mk.VI and Mickey are the two from series 2 I'm not all that interested in. Though due to the BAF, I'll probably get them. Though if I can, I'll try and buy/trade for the BAF pieces they have from someone who's interested in the figures, but not the UNSC logo.

Edit: Looking at the Mk.VI figure, the render looks like it's from Halo 2. Maybe since they didn't release it outside the 3-pack in series 1, this will be a repaint of the Halo 2 Chief figure. Would definitely make it a little more interesting, and would make the creation of a separate mold from H3 Chief worth the trouble. I guess the look of the finished UNSC logo will help determine if I'm going to try and get all the pieces for it or not. If it's as good looking as the difficulty plaque has turned out, than I'll probably try and get all of them.

After this one, I'm curious to see what else they could do for one of these BAF (more like BAL). I still like my idea of a scaled model of one of the rings. I guess a scaled model of one of the ships could also work.

13. Bumblebee028

Bumblebee028 Technobot Prime

News Credits:
    Thanks for the help! I was just gonna repaint everything gold and white anyways, to match my current spartan, so any color is good.

BB28

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Doubt it, since he's pretty clearly going to be based off of his appearence at the end of Reach, which kinda sucks since he looked terrible in Reach.

Like the new Play-Arts Chief, except smaller, softer in detail and less shiney.

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Though the proportions should hopefully be much better.

It wouldn't be a huge difference, but I'm hoping that the figure itself will look more like the Keyes in Anniversary. It might just be the one screen-shot I'm looking at, but his face looks...kinder. If that makes sense. I doubt they would do it, but I think it'd be great if the figure had a pipe accessory.

With Jacob Keyes on his way, I'm sorta hoping they go and make Miranda Keyes and Catherine Halsey. That way you could have them together as a family in action figure form...

Edit: I really hope that McFarlane releases the plasma repeater with an individual figure, or as a part of another weapon pack. It's my favorite of the new weapons introduced in Reach, and I'd rather not have to buy a 3-pack to own a copy of it. Hopefully they'll do one more series for Reach before moving over to Halo 4 stuff.

16. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
  17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Cool custom. Would be cool to see a scythe as a weapon in one of the Halo games. I'm still deciding on what all the pieces I'll be using for my Spartan. I'm mostly unsure over which shoulders and chest piece to use. Probably doesn't help that I don't have Reach, or a 360 for that matter, and I can't get Vanity to work on my computer, so it's a little difficult to picture how certain pieces would look with each other.

18. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Thanks. I'm surprised we haven't had a Spartan shield or spear yet. That'd be cool.

I think you'll have a lot of fun coming to a conclusion what look you like. The game, as awesome as it is, limits you to what you can and can't have. For example, it's not possible to have that grenade belt you see pictured in my custom because that belt only comes equiped on a select few chest pieces., but I like to break the norm BECAUSE I AM NOT A ROBOT, haha. So you'll have alot of creative space to pump out some awesome customs. For example, if you have an extra chest piece like that commander piece that has alot of pouches, you can cut those off and add them to certain areas of a Spartan. Looks rad. Hope to see some cool stuff from ya.

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    A spear would definitely go well with a GUNGNIR themed armor set. Which is probably what I'm going to start-off with, though if I can, I'm going to have my Spartan's two weapons be a plasma repeater and a gravity hammer. I just hope they release the plasma repeater with a singular figure, and then the gravity hammer with a random Spartan, or another class of Brute (not sure what I would do with a second Brute Chieftan sans hammer...).

I mostly plan to keep with what's possible in the game, for at least most of the pieces. Though I do definitely plan on painting him up beyond the games limits. Much like Noble Team has.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    My Spartan's super easy to amke. It's entirely defaults except the Mark VI.