Halo 3 Legendary Map Pack.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by jdre_124, Feb 21, 2008.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Totally agree. I've only played Foundry a couple times in ranked Team Doubles (spanked the other team on it too). As beautiful as these new maps look, I probably won't be getting them on day 1.

2. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Indeed. I think Bungie could use a lesson on how to properly implement expansion content from the other game developers. If M$ is deadset on the map packs costing 800 pts, then it needs to be worth it.

3. Sky Shark

Sky Shark Well-Known Member

Um....Jdre that's what the DLC playlist is for, they even broke it up now into objective and slayer. Its DLC maps and only DLC maps, it will be broke up according to each map pack.

4. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I never played much Halo CE multiplayer, so the Sidewinder legacy is lost on me. ...and I haven't had a whole lot to say about Avalance otherwise but, at the very least... even though its still another map set at mid-day, at least the sun's a different color.

5. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I see no point in playing Social Playlists unless your partying up. I may not be high up in Rank, but it feels more fulfilling then just running around fragging.

6. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

The map pack was worth it for Griffball alone. Haters be damned. They had their own playlist for gods sake, and if rank really bothers you that much then you're doing it wrong.

7. Sky Shark

Rank concerned people I can understand for achievements or if your side goal is to get to say Major. I can't stand people who think Social is for only parties, I mean they give yo EX in socal if your a rating whore then think of it that way and no offense but if you say you have the map packs and payed ofr something you can't use because you don't like Social....then you killed your case. Bungie didn't have to make that extra play list but they did so be freakin happy other wise your just a whinner. Also I second TT's grifball coment, that game is a blast. Also the map pack was definitly worth it for forgers. Once it becomes free I look forward to showing off my own creation, nothing extravagent or jaw droping but it was my first major forging map and from when I played with friends on it they seemed to like it.

8. McBradders

There are no acheivements attached to rank, only to XP, and that was for 20xp which you can rack up in an HOUR. AN HOUR!

RARRRRR!

9. Sky Shark

Actually there is the officer one, you need to make leuitenit, I know its only 10 skill(rank) but still there is one that does require a certain rank. But yeah I don't know why most people don't just play for fun. Also Twin Twist, I sent you a friend request over live from Sky Shark X2

10. McBradders

Okay, but I think my list might be full...

11. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    oooOOOooh

mister popular

xD

dont worry

you can say no to skyshark :p 

hehe

j/k

[but seriously]

12. McBradders

Yet I always play alone.

Tears of a clown ;_;

13. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Word, thats why I made sure to save the Map Variant and Game Variant while it was still in my recent games.

We need to get the Halo players here to start a TFW Grifball Tournament. That would be kick ass. I'm sure there are enough of us to have a fair number of teams.

Also, I bet you could modify the Game Variant settings to end up with different teams, 5-a-side, 6-a-side, 8-a-side, etc.

14. DWN013

DWN013 Holy crap in a pita!

The man speaks the truth, that stuff is made of addictive win. Dirge, a TFW Griffball tourney sounds pretty sweet. I had also perviously wondered about tinkering with the map to add more players, an 8 vs. 8 Griffball match would be INSANE.

15. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Agreed... partially. I play Social playlists when I'm in a rut where I just can't win any matches. I prefer ranked lists in any game because I have something to shoot for in the game. I went Prestige in COD4 right away because I knew the game would get stale if I didn't. Playing in Social playlist isn't going to get me to Brigadier General. It's just something that makes the game more fun for me.

16. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Thats my feeling on it too. Thats also why I went Prestige in CoD 4 because I had all the Golden Guns and felt like I was playing for no reason unless I was with TFW. I too play social playlists when I am getting my ass handed. XD

But I can understand what some of you guys are saying, I just like to play when I have something to work for. I know. It seems like I am missing the point of games but to be honest, I have more fun this way.

17. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

You see why it's a good thing I didn't spend my points ? :D 

18. Armada_MK

Armada_MK BEAST EM BEAST EM DRAGON!!!

News Credits:
    I tried gaming with people from TFW and saying there tfw user name too, only to A: be ignored or B:trashed talked for no reason, but i still would like to game with fellow members:) 

Gamer tag: Dark MK

19. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Well I never played you so I shall continue to twiddle my thumbs.

20. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Some new tid-bits regarding both the Heroic and Legendary Map packs from the boys (and girls) at Bungie.

When are the Heroic Maps going to be free?

The Heroic map pack will be available on Xbox Live for free as of March 25th at 2 a.m., PDT.

Also included is an announcement video showing some really incredible stuff made in forge with the new maps, along with some hilarious-ly unfortunate deaths. Watch out for the Transformers-espque cameo!

More news about Legendary:
    Huzzah, finally it wont just be ranked Slayer and Objective. Roll on Rocket Race on Standoff.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016