Toil and Trouble - my attempt to make a female transformer without a huge backpack by integrating alt mode parts into robot mode better. aside from some tolerance issues and loose joints (not to mention the legs just tabbed in underneath) I'd say I succeeded pretty well. Let's have a look at the individual figures. First up is Toil; the hard working younger sister. A black jet with a witch motif, and the colour scheme I had in mind when I first started designing them. I like to imagine the knees are stabilizing fins on the bottom of the jet. Makes the tacked on legs feel a little more like they're meant to be there. the addition of moonracer's gun in the 5mm port on the bottom helps a lot to level the jet mode. Robot mode is a spooky witch with striped stockings and beefy claws. I took advantage of the massive helmet by adding a face changing gimmick like animated blitzwing. the idea was to use the fingers and faces to make them as dynamic as possible. I'm really happy with the coattail booster jets. they're hinged so they look more like part of a jacket in robot mode, and are able to move out of the way for sitting poses. In addition to the 5mm port on the back, the "thumb" pieces are also 5mm, allowing the girls to hold other figures weapons (until I finish making them their own) and then there's the older sister, Trouble. I gave Trouble a smirk by default, with her other faces being a "yelling" face for combat poses and a sort of neutral/mild suprise face I gave her shorts to differentiate her a little bit more than just a colour swap, and I feel like the orange hat really gives her a cowboy feel with the boots and a duster jacket. She'll be hanging onto Moonracer's gun for the time being. Transformation is the same for both jets. Straighten out the wings: Spin the torso 360 degrees (the head stays in place because its actually connected through to the waist) Flip down the hat brim fins: Spin the legs at the thighs: Bend the knees up: and tab the feet into the back of the torso: lastly the 5mm thumbs attach to the tabs on the coattail: and now we have a suprisingly solid tabbed together jet mode! with effect parts compatible thrusters! and that about sums it up. I have plans to make shotguns that turn into brooms for them (broomstick boomstick!) but for now I'm going to take a break to work on other things. I'd also like to tweak some of the joints to be a little tighter, as just posing them for these photos has made a few of the joints a bit floppy. (Update: ) "This is my BROOMSTICK"