Halloween 2021

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MetalRyde, Oct 1, 2021.

1. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

Today is October 1st. You know what that means, right? Besides paying bills. :p 

It's Halloween month! I thought we could share our experienced Halloween from our past. Fondest memories, what we went as and what we plan to do this year.

I'll start with: Halloween 1989, I dressed up as Michaelangelo of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. My parents took me and my sister to a mall near us (when we lived in Northern OKC) and candy was everywhere and my dad got me Friday the 13th the game for NES that month. After trick or treating, we went to one of my uncle's house for a Halloween party where all the kids gorged on candy of both we got trick or treating and what my aunt and uncle got.

Didn't dress up for Halloween again until 2005 where a different Uncle had a party where I dressed as the killer from Scream. After that Halloween, I just decorated my house and gave out candy until I ran out. I plan to do the same this year but now that I have 3 little nephews (with one on the way) I'm saving the best candy for them.

Last year, my sister and brother-in-law dressed them as Mario, Luigi and Toad. Before the youngest was born, they went as Superman and Batman

What are some of your favorite candy to eat or give out? Of course chocolate is the best candy but my other favorites are Laffy Taffy, caramel, Trolli and candy corn. I don't know why candy corn gets a bad rap. They're freakin' tasty!

I'm also watching horror and Halloween themed movies and shows.

Also horror themed video games.

• Like Like x 4
  2. spikebuster

spikebuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I LOVE candy corn.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I bought a bag that had 85 treat sized kit kats in it the other day. Almost empty....

• Like Like x 2
  4. KremzeekTyCobb

KremzeekTyCobb Tears that soak a callous heart

News Credits:
    "Wake up Wake up wake up...it's The first of the mooooonth! Get up get up get up...So cash your checks and comeon! "

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

Exactly!

6. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My mom knew how to sew, so she would make our Halloween costumes. The fondest ones are Batman (Keaton) and Morbius. In fact, I did both of them two years in a row each. I also did Hobgoblin for one Halloween.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CyberBlade507

CyberBlade507 Well-Known Member

Seconded. I started buying it specifically a few years ago as a snack I thought I could eat slowly because I didn't like it that much. Turns out I like it very much.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jessay

Jessay New Member

Never been a fan of Halloween

9. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???????????????????????????????????????????????????

:jawdropper: :jawdropper: :jawdropper: :jawdropper: 

• Like Like x 5
  10. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Me three!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So far, the scariest thing about this Halloween has been the heatwaves. So Cal, so the Santa Ana winds keep blowing high pressure stuff to my area, and not much sucks the spooky feeling out of me like it reaching near 90 degrees before noon.

12. raindance773

raindance773 Well-Known Member

28 days until All Saints Day and then All Souls Day.

13. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

This is one of those years that Halloween falls on a Sunday. I remember in 1993 it fell on a Sunday. The town that I lived in said that trick or treating had to be done on Saturday the 30th (I think it was cause Sunday is supposed to be a religous day or something?). This one old guy was like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING! HALLOWEEN IS TOMORROW!". He didn't even have any candy. I think he gave me and my friends each a quarter. To be honest, I would be perfectly fine if every year Halloween was just observed the final Saturday of October. That way everyone could have fun and not have to worry about work/school the next day.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Leopold Xerovsky

Leopold Xerovsky Capricious Chill

Best Halloween of my life so far was in my teen years: had a small (chaparoned) party for my circle of friends, and a girl there I was sparking on started sparking on me in the middle of a movie. Good times.

15. lil society vert

lil society vert ROTB Scourge's biggest shooter

When I was in like 4th grade I dressed as a 501st p2 clone for Halloween and walked into someone’s mailbox lol

I think this year I’ll throw on a mask and black jacket and try to pull off kaneki

16. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Oh man. I love me some Halloween. The weather's perfect for my little corner of Virginia, I get to help my daughter pick out her costume, pumpkin patches start their festivals, and I love putting together a costume for myself. I'm not close to a cosplay level, but I can get a decent outfit when the inspiration strikes.

Some of my favorites:

Cobra Commander-Mostly just a packaged costume, but I added the gun made from a water pistol, and an actual dagger that I bought from eBay.
    2020-05-30 (1).jpg

Matt the Radar Technician-I actually shaved for this one! I also added a few extras like the name badge and the "I heart Darth Vader" button to add some extra fun.
    Screenshot_2019-10-31-20-23-40-1.png

Ash from the Evil Dead franchise-The most work I've put in to any outfit. Heavily modified the chainsaw to fit over my hand, altered an Elvis wig to be more Ash styled, created a harness from leather belts, and built a Necronomicon from scratch using some files I found online.
    2020-05-30.jpg

Pikachu-Last year, my daughter discovered Pokemon and decided that she wanted to be a Pokemon Trainer for Halloween. I decided to find a cheap way to match her. Bought the costume from Wish and was shocked that it was actually a good quality!
    IMG_20201028_095539898.jpg

The Fly (1958)-This year's outfit, but not complete just yet. Repainted the fly mask, dyed the lab coat, and painted the left lobster claw black. Still waiting on the delivery of a neck gaiter and may see if I can find some cheap shoes to go with the outfit. Otherwise, the dress shoes I have will work just fine.
    IMG_20210926_105720.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  17. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    One of my favorite Halloweens growing up was when I was in 10th grade. I was hanging out with some friends that went to the local college, and they invited me to Rocky Horror Picture Show night. I had no idea what I was getting into when they said to bring a bag of bread, some uncooked rice and a squirtgun.

• Like Like x 3
  18. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Every Halloween at work I wear a Starfleet uniform in. If it's an exceptionally dirty task for the day I peel the uniform top off and go about my business.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have my place decorated with Halloween. I usually go to my sister's house to give candy to the trick or treaters. Kids from other neighborhood come to my sister's neighborhood to go trick or treating. But it will not happen on this coming Halloween. My sister sold her house and living in an apartment until her new house is built. I can remember when l was kid living in Florida the neighborhood l lived in was packed with kids every Halloween.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Red2

Red2 " ... and so the story goes ... "

I had a really difficult relationship with Halloween. Let's see, in 2nd grade I was a vampire with white make up and a yellow cape. The make up was gross and the yellow cape was uncomfortable. AND WHY WAS THE CAPE YELLOW?! Then in 5th grade, my mom wrapped me in some cotton cloth, which she ran out of so then toilet paper was used. It fell apart three houses away and kids kept asking me if I was wrapped in TP.

Halloween sucked. I never dressed up again after that. IF ... IF I trick or treated I would go without costume, I skipped most parties, and one time in middle school I tried to make myself look like a Freddy Krueger victim and instead of my sweater looking like slash marks, it was just three giant holes that showed off my bone skinny chest. LOL. The girls were thoroughly impressed. Halloween will forever be cursed.

So fast forward to around 2010 (I'm 35 now. Semi-functional adult.), Halloween is just a passing day most years, I was even a teacher for a while and besides some candy corn, I was not a fan. My wife was still working at a school though and the elementary kids were having a parade. My wife asks if I can make her a Hello Kitty head. I obliged. Then when that was a giant success. I thought, dang, as an adult, I've been missing a yearly opportunity to dress up as a Jedi, or Stormtrooper, or something cool finally! So the next year I tried to make myself a Transformer costume. A car bot modeled after my Jetta at the time. Then I made a Zebraman mask the next year. And then ... and then the kids came.

We adopted siblings, one was 5 weeks old and one almost 2 years old. They were Little Red Riding Hood and Buzz Lightyear that first Halloween.
    Then the following year I decided to make the 3 year old a Stormtrooper costume. Found a link to someone who made one out of EVA and the rest is history. Mid build of that costume I decided to build my own. I became a 501st trooper and pretty much every Halloween and in-between we've built costumes for the kids.

Halloween is life now.

Hello Kitty:

[​IMG]

Zebraman mask:

[​IMG]

Mini-trooper and Stormtrooper and Leia:

[​IMG]

Colonial Marine lids:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mini-Xeno:

[​IMG]