Half The Battle Toys (HTB) Legends Cassette Bots

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Snaku, Oct 29, 2019.

1. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would buy just the micro joes; tiny joes the size of IF Arcee would be a must buy. Marvel Legends, Masters of the Universe, etc look cool, but I definitely don't have the space to start a new collection in that scale.
    These cassettes look good though; glad to see people like BSF paying attention.

• Like Like x 1
  2. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There were those KRE-O minifig Joes that were kind of fun to fiddle with.

3. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, but I am more interested in tiny figures; almost like the Hall of Fame/Heroes pack-ins that came with the . . . '89 wave(?). Something less like LEGO.

4. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    Thanks for the idea and enthusiasm for the line. As a collector, I think there'd have to be something special about a box set. We'll see what we can come up with.
    The other half of HTB is super into crossover products, and has plans that will be really cool for fans, if realized. Among those are the MP-scaled human figures that have been discussed, and I'm hoping we can do something like Dia-nauts for Legends.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Craigmcgowan1984

Craigmcgowan1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Is anywhere taking preorders on these yet?

6. Spiffy

Spiffy Well-Known Member

Hey can you elaborate on what the cross-over stuff is? I was struggling to understand it. It's an MP-carbot-sized TF G1 based robot that turns into a GIJOE vehicle, that comes with an inch and a half Joe micro figure rider? Is that right?

7. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    going off of the video. that is exactly what the plan is going to be.

8. Spiffy

Spiffy Well-Known Member

Allright then. That is pretty cool. and they said the vehicle or the robot was going to set the scale? Vehicle I assume, given the driver, which means a NighRaven bot will probably be much bigger than say, the HAVOC.

Anyway, that's a neat idea. I have a sizeable JOE figure collection, but no vehicles since they're so big. I'd buy smaller scale versions though, in my mind I'd love some JOE vehicles hotwheels sized, but this is a neat alternative.

9. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    No.
    I can only detail what is out already, and that is a Masterpiece scaled GI Joe/TF line, where TF favorites take Joe and Cobra alt modes. There are multiple figures planned for that theme, each intended to include a scaled human figure.

As for other crossover possibilities, where TFs turn into things they typically wouldn't, just look to other toons from G1 era, with iconic/popular vehicles.
    I've done the initial modelling on the tank, and while I can't show that, I can share some of the source imagery used for scaling:
    1574873911451_1.jpg
    My starting point was the available MP humans out there, which are between 4 and 5 cm tall. I also worked out that, on average, MP vehicle scale is roughly 1:30.

We seem to be the only fandom that has been anal enough to establish what the real world dimensions of these fictional characters and vehicles (Primus bless whoever founded TFWiki) would be, so I went and watched some GI Joes (decades since I last did, was fun), and looked for as many shots with shared scale (thanks Sunbow) as I could.

Through that I found that a Cobra trooper was about the height or slightly taller than the high point of the tank's treads, so the image I posted is the scaling currently aimed for.

Robot modes would aim to hit expectations of "Megatron is taller than this guy, and this guy is taller than that guy", but probably wouldn't push the alt out of that 1:30ish scale.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Spiffy

Spiffy Well-Known Member

Ah, that was where I got confused, when you mentioned MP humans, I thought wait, are they making Masterpiece sized human Joes? That transform to vehicles?

I haven't seen those little guys before. 5-6 cm is fairly big actually. But I guess if they're gonna ride a vehicle halfway convincingly they either have to be molded one piece in sitting position, or have some articulation, which gets dicey smaller. Mega Construx is smaller, 4cm? They have nice articulation but are more bulby and modular. But yeah, if you have precedent, cool. Does make a Night Raven still pretty big in vehicle mode.

11. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What I would give for a K.I.T.T. Transformer...

Closest I've got is a K.I.T.T. skin a friend made for the Sideswipe model in the old Transformers Quake2 mod.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    K.I.T.T. would be cool. I could also go for a Thundertank that transforms into Panthro and a Mach V that transforms into Speed Racer.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    An Airwolf that turns into a Teen Wolf

• Like Like x 4
  14. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    That would be one I would be really excited to do. I wasn't as into Joes as much as I was TFs as a kid, but I did get a Night Raven for Christmas one year and I loved it.

15. djtfmd

djtfmd Well-Known Member

why is this in blue text?? :p 

actually, I would legit love to have an Airwolf toy (don't care what it transforms into, but a standard robot would be nice)! and if it were packaged in a multi-pack with Knight Rider & Street Hawk, I would buy them so fast it would feel like time travel...!!! :D 

• Like Like x 2
  16. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Popular 80s live action shows could just be the tip of the iceberg
    D10A6CA2-5CBA-4B1F-B143-C7630B5F906F.jpeg
    (Although jada toys has done quite a bit, for those more into model kit type display pieces)

But as far as toons go, these guys basically gave you the schematics you’d need during each time they selected their unique team for that particular episode’s mission.
    D2E00883-7E69-4A86-8941-FDFF049CB626.jpeg

4D7466E4-3D04-4F8A-BF82-C8094ED4B9F7.gif

22004DAA-5160-4794-AC88-25C7347F171C.gif
    07B7C4D3-87E3-4FC7-AB79-64A13812202E.gif
    How generous of them to not only provide you with those details for vehicle modes, but for the humans as well. ;) 

And for the rarely seen, or never made, we’ve got these:
    7 Vehicles In The M.A.S.K. Animated Series That We Wish Were Toys - Agents of M.A.S.K.
    (Hey, why not have a storage carrier to keep these fellas in for commutes)

As for the more fantasy, I wouldn’t mind seeing a thundertank and that 5-seater (err... 1-seater, 4-lier silverhawks’ jet) in this scale.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hadn't thought of the A-Team van. I probably wouldn't buy it but it'd be interesting to see a transforming version. A batmobile that transforms into Batman would be pretty cool though - come to think of it, that sounds familiar. Has that been done before?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  18. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’ve seen the Batman transformer in KO-fashion.
    615CB898-C699-4227-929A-B76C44594700.jpeg
    Batman, DC, Marvel, Other, Transformers KnockOff KO, Action Figure Checklist Photos

• Like Like x 2
  19. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  20. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    Is there a When to Say When point on details?
    Untitled.jpg

• Like Like x 1