Hailee Steinfeld Tells Us How Bad Ass Bumblebee Is

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pie125, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    with the same crappy director and writer :bay :bay :bay 

2. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Browsing/Not Buying

Chalk all of these unpositive comments up to the unopinion that this franchise has been unterrific and untolorable for unwhile.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    The Last Knight sucked ass, I hate Bumblebee and there are too many awesome movies to go see this year. So yeah sorry Hasbro! I won't be wasting any time or money on this crap. If it were any other character I'd give it a chance.

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Given TF5 was a critical and financial bomb and we're saddled with an absolutely dreadful Machinima series for some bizzare reason?

Not hard to believe the franchise is in a downward spiral at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    I\'m sure Bumblebee will be badass. For that one scene when he\'s on screen. In slow mo. Before being cut off by a shot of a human yelling.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Angry Camaro

Angry Camaro Human Alliance

News Credits:
    I don't know how I feel

7. MetalStorm

MetalStorm Click Click Boom!

Seen every live action in theater up to this point, see no reason to stop now. I've enjoyed all them, they have their flaws, but me and my family find them fun to watch. Really interested to see how this Bee movie will turn out, having a smaller budget and cast and all. I got faith in Knight and the crew working on this and I believe this movie will be a fun one as well.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

I enjoyed even my least favorite of the live action films, so I'll give this a shot.

Regardless of how this turns out, I hope it is indeed badass, but why only be badass when you can also be Shrektastic?

Last four years? That's kind of an odd (albeit technically even) number of years to be complaining about Transformers.

9. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Should've been titled "Hailee Steinfeld tries to sell us on this movie she's in". There is literally nothing "badass" about movie Bumblebee, and there's no way she'd say the film is bad even if it is (at least, not before release).

• Like Like x 4
  10. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Every actor ever will praise the movie he is playing in BEFORE release. Also, afterwards too, if there are sequels he expects to be hired back for (see Mark Hamill or every Marvel movie actor ever).
    As for Anthony Hopkins, he has been a burnt out shell of an actor for many years. He goes in, delivers his lines, gets the paycheck and forgets about it. One of the things that took me out of Thor: The Dark World was how utterly mediocre he was as Odin, almost as if he was reading his lines without any emotion whatsoever. It was like all his scenes were first takes and when told by the director to actually try and emote a little, he barked back "this movie is not worth my effort" and everyone left it as it is. I know he is capable for far better acting than that.
    Generally, you will only see actors say bad things about movies well after the release (often years later). It's just that before, we did not have an internet where we could dig up their interviews and see how much they praised the movies before release, when they still had an interest in seeing the movie do well in theaters. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  11. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'll see the movie. So much happened in the last two movies that when I left them my brain was scrambled and I couldn't process everything that I saw.

12. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

Can't wait to see this. :D  also can't wait to see the toyline since this takes place in the 80s, hopefully we get some g1 movieverse stuff. ;) 

13. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Exuse me but am I not right here? Who is she really? I'm not questioning her acting skills or anything but she's just an actor who pretends to know stuff about the movie franchise she is in. I however am a fan of it and more importantly of this character and I bet I am the biggest Bumblebee fan on the boards. If you're telling me that some girl who happens to star in a Transformers movie knows about the mythology and characters of this franchise than a fan who at one point in time was thinking about TFS 24/7...decency is mutual trust man and I have all the right to not respect her (which I really am not I have no idea why you came to that conclusion). I'm just expressing my disbeief in what she is saying. This happens all the time with all actors think about it. What does Isabela Moner really know about TFs? Just because they act doesn't mean they understand the characters they play. Have you ever heard what Shia Labeouf thinks of Bumblebee as a character?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  14. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You do realize characters and mythology are different in comics and cartoon series to movies transformers rid bumblebee was leader of team, in seasons 3 I think haven’t watched series bumblebee grimlock and others can combine, then there is bumblebee who was maybe leader on cybertron that was time he was walking with cane megatron was still evil, then bumblebee died and somehow came back to life megatron is autobot point is characters and mythology are always changing comics, cartoon series movies,.

Until trailer and movie gets released on theaters I will pass on judgment on movie I don’t judge movies on reviews critics love movies revenant and blade runner two I fell sleep through both movies ( accidentally hit bold button )

15. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I disagree about Hopkins being burned out - his performance as Dr. Ford in Westworld is beyond sublime in execution.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nitro Zeus

Nitro Zeus Member

This may be partially off-topic, as it doesn't necessarily concern the video itself, but what really is the characterization of Bumblebee in these films? He fluctuates quite a bit. He was basically emotionless in 1 besides his protective attitude towards the protagonists, and his 'greatest hits' from that film include destroying Uncle Bobby B's business, getting captured, getting his legs blown off, and then finally killing a weakened Brawl. In 2, he whined a lot and acted very strangely in his quest to alert Sam to Alice's true nature. Why didn't he just shoot the crap out of her? Few would be surprised after Mission City and later in the film, the Fallen's plan includes making the Decepticons' presence known. But whatever. At the end he exhibited proficient fighting skills against Rampage/Shipjack and tore Ravage in two, which makes for a decent fight scene, but is he really a bad-ass for that? Nothing led us to believe it prior, but maybe that's the point. In 3, he whines some more and is shown to be on an equal plane to his comrades in combat, but isn't elevated to any point of distinct 'coolness'. In 4 he's a full-on petulant brat. Nothing bad-ass comes of him there. And TLK? He's immortal. Is that bad-ass? (well, it's lazy, but that's another issue in itself) Nah. He shoots Nazis relentlessly and remorselessly, but God knows how many other characters in media have done that. He's barely had any heart besides caring for Sam, and I assume that Bee's relationship with Hailee's character will (lazily? hopefully not, but with these films it's a definite concern) replicate that. It'll be genuinely interesting if the young, tubby-looking new design rips apart Decepticons like he did with Ravage, but I feel that Steinfeld's proooooobably just trying to sell the film.

• Like Like x 1
  18. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

Sooo ... Moner vs Steinfeld ... who we got here? :) 

19. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    REBOOT:cool: 

• Like Like x 2
  20. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

Do you mean Hailee Steinfeld Tells Us How Bad Bumblebee Is. Well she doesn't need to tell me I never liked that robotic spongebob