Minor/Repaint: HA SideSwipe Backpack Mod

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by nemetoad, Aug 25, 2010.

1. nemetoad

nemetoad Well-Known Member

Hello Radicon-ers! So a while ago I decided to try and collect all the HA molds, including the very sub-par Sideswipe (He's okay, but really could've rocked more.) Now most of the design was alright, except for the backpack.
    100_1834.JPG
    Here's what we typically have going on for the backpack. It's large and hanging quite a ways from the torso, creating this large void that makes Sideswipe the thinnest looking Transformer I've ever seen from the side. What's stopping this backpack from folding in more to close up the void a bit? A small brown tab.
    TheMod.jpg
    At the base of the hinge holding the backpack to the body is a small brown tab that prevents the kibble to rotate in any further. Taking a dremmel to it, or in my case an exacto-knife (Hence the messy-looking cuts) you can cut off this "T" shaped tab. Please note though, the hinge IS connected to the tab. Cut it down enough so that there's clearance for the backpack to rotate more, but that's it. Don't worry though, there's a lot of plastic to that tab.
    BackpackModded.JPG
    And voila! The backpack doesn't hang off into space as much, however the tip of it does go out further. The surprising result of this is that it actually does make him more stable. Sure it isn't that much more stable, but it does help.

THoughts on this? Is it a good mod or was it a very dumb thing for me to do? *shrug* Fixed my biggest problem with the mold at least.

2. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Done the same thing to mine, very simple mod but makes the world of difference.

You might also want to position the doors so that they point forward, makes him look even better. Just be careful tucking them under the pointy bit that the ball joint doesn't pop out.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  3. nemetoad

nemetoad Well-Known Member

Haha I didn't think I'd be the only one to try some mod :p  Good thought on the doors. I'll have to try that.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
  5. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    This almost makes me want to get him.

6. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    HAswipe is a funny one... The other HA molds are 100% awesome and huge improvements over their (already awesome) deluxe toys. HAswipe is just bad and gets blown out of the water by both of his deluxes.

Anyway, thanks for the mod tip. I'll give it a try on mine. Not like anything could really hurt this toy!