HA Instructions Failure

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bagofshhh, May 31, 2011.

1. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I got Roadbuster in the mail on Saturday, and *finally* figured out how to transform him correctly after two days. Now, I followed the instructions, and grant it, Roadbuster has a lot of fiddly bits, and there is a lot to cover in the instructions, but after really examining the toy and analyzing Roadbuster's instructions, it seems that Hasbro has completely left out major steps regarding how to fix his chest.

Now before I explain this, if you are happy transforming RB based on the instructions that's cool; but I would recommend trying this just once to see if you like it.

If you push the front end of the car forward you can actually peg in his chest around the engine block by using the same holes that the machine gun fit over when changing to vehicle mode(first pic). If you do this the shoulders line up better so you can actually tab in the arms at the shoulders (second pic). Doing this eliminates all of the gaps around his head, and makes him a much more solid figure, and helps hide his skinny waist (third pic).

Attached Files:

2. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Yet another good reason to never use instructions. You can more often then not find something out about a transformation by instinct then by following a failure of a guide.

3. Not the guy

Not the guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh man, I try doing that and I feel like i'm gonna break the thing

4. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where the hell are you guys getting HA Roadbuster from? I've been looking everywhere and he's either not listed or sold out.

5. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

I have found that the DOTM instructions in general suck. The photos are nice but they tend to be to small or could be from a better angle.

6. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

I have not found one really well done one yet, granted I have only bought 5, but still.

7. JuicyNo

JuicyNo Well-Known Member

I had the same issue. It took me a little while to see that those chest pieces affix to those pegs on the block. Apart from that, the instructions for him were reasonably clear.

8. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    I've found that the new instructions are particularly really bad. I'm actually on the verge of not following the instructions on some of the toys now.