Non-TF: GWX's Original Anime Funk

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by GrungeWerX, Mar 17, 2006.

1. GrungeWerX

GrungeWerX Well-Known Member

Hey, guys! Long time no see. Been busy, busy, busy with job, but still managed to crank out some recent pieces. Really hoping to see this project come to light. Anyways, here they are:

FIRST DESIGN:
    (Here is the orignal concept work for my project. Fake McClain, the main character is in the background. I wasn't really pleased with him, namely because he didn't have the originality I wanted in the character. The other two character were supporting cast members. Still not really where I wanted to take the concept. They weren't dark enough, didn't contain the mood of the story)

[​IMG]

ORIGINAL CONCEPT PROMO:
    (This was a more refined promo piece. As you can see, the main character, Fake, was modified from a color standpoint to be more original. Really pleased with his new look and supporting cast members much more interesting. From left to right: River, Fake McClain and Mr. Constantino.)

[​IMG]

FAKE MCCLAIN:
    (After contemplating the character even more, I wanted to show a more advanced piece of his bond with the symbiont called Kakrot. The character looks a bit darker and better fits the mood I was looking for. The lighting helped as well. This is the most recent version to date and I'm very pleased with his look.)

[​IMG]

RIVER:
    (River needed to be a bit more mature. Originally slated as Fake's girlfriend, she's taken a more important role in the story, which will be revealed at a later date. Also tried to give her a full costume. After several suggestions and mods, this is what was born.)

[​IMG]

BARRAQUIEL ORIGINAL CONCEPT SKETCHES
    (Here, I was working out the details of the top baddy in the story. Costume took hours to design, and only fell a little short of expectations.)

[​IMG]

BARRAQUIEL:
    (Really loving this piece. I wanted to capture the character in a full anime movie type shot. He's the top baddy, really gruesome. Everything I was going for happened in this pic, so I'm very pleased.)

[​IMG]

KAKROT (Griever form):
    (Here is the early concept work for the Kakrot. More to come later.)

[​IMG]

C and C welcome as always and I hope you guys enjoy the pics. I'll drop more as they come.

2. Rattrap587

Rattrap587 Maximal Ground Operations

Ebay:
    Very very good man!!! Congrats!

3. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

That has to be some of the most beautiful anime I've ever seen. Great job.