Gundam

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by sawwheeler, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Leolim

Leolim Well-Known Member

But why no Zeta statue after all zeta is THE best Gundam series?

2. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Because someone's gonna complain that it doesn't transform.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    I suppose it'd need some kind of Gunpla friendly upgrade package to make it stand without falling backwards, like extended Wave Rider kibble.

In that case, they should build two. One in MS form, the other in Wave Rider mode. That way when they retire it for a Full Armor Double Zeta, they can have the Wave Rider shipped to the Smithsonian and parked on top of the X-Wing.

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably not even under consideration because of the wings. They'll become a huge sail in a high-wind situation, which Japan is no stranger to.

Same reason Nu got redesigned with that singular massive Funnel instead of its traditional "wing".

• Like Like x 2
  5. Suboptimal Optimus

Suboptimal Optimus Burn it all down

In today's episode of G-Witch: how to make salsa from tomatoes.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Leolim

Leolim Well-Known Member

Amuro stomping a Zeon soldier is one thing but seluetta slapping a earthian terrorist was traumatizing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Spoilers?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sinestro00

Sinestro00 S’goden, s’doodis

My thoughts on the end of Witch From Mercury season 1:

Some have theorized that the Suletta we have seen is not the same person as the little girl in the prologue episode. I haven’t yet seen the purported evidence that shows this is indeed the case, so I’m not going to dismiss it outright, especially since we have seen body swapping/clones/doubles already. But I think that something else may be afoot given the way Suletta’s eyes were focused on (by the animators) as her ‘mother’ was trying to calm her down during the panic attack. It was almost like she was ‘reprogrammed,’ kind of like the Winter Soldier was using his trigger words. This Suletta seems to be immune to the effects of the permet enhancement that caused mental degradation of the early Gundam pilots, and even the Eren clones/doubles, which was also shown of the child in the prologue. She is a true ‘Witch,’ similar to other Earth pilot girls we saw in the last episode (although, we’ve never seen the permet effect animation on her face, which probably means she is one with the machine somehow). If she was a clone/double, then she should also be prone to the effects of permet usage, like Eren based on the ‘rules’ set forth so far. I could be wrong. Lots of things to think about.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    - Suletta verbally asks who the woman in the old Vanadis Institude video is, where Eri knew Cardo Nado as Granny
    - The Vanadis Incident, the only real measure of time we have, was said to be 21 years ago, but that would make Eri be 25. Suletta is 17.
    - Cradle Star

Admittedly, the problem (and indeed probably the reason why it's fun doing all the theory crafting) is there's no real answers given yet. Even the stuff in the OP where Eri shows up in the computer monitor isn't concrete evidence of anything except the obvious fact Eri is still important somehow.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    I’ve just been assuming
    Eri somehow became Aerial. They do keep referring to the Gundam as family (Prospera even calls Aerial her daughter after all). Plus, I mean, aERIal, you know?

11. Leolim

Leolim Well-Known Member

I notice a fan waifu Gundam war on each decade.
    70's sayla vs Lalah
    upload_2023-1-16_18-33-23.jpeg
    80's roux vs elle
    upload_2023-1-16_18-35-57.jpeg
    90's rain vs Allenby
    upload_2023-1-16_18-37-20.jpeg
    00's Lacus vs Cagalli
    upload_2023-1-16_18-37-52.jpeg
    10's kudelia vs atra vs lafter
    upload_2023-1-16_18-38-41.png
    20's Suletta vs miorine
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. Leolim

Leolim Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  13. Leolim

Leolim Well-Known Member

they went too far.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Who's "they?"

15. Leolim

Leolim Well-Known Member

Amuro and Suletta crushing people as I posted the video.

16. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    A lot of significant differences though.
    Amuro committed what would likely be a war crime, knowingly killing an unarmed combatant in retreat.
    Suletta is just a child with too much power reacting to a threat, and doesn't know any better.

The differences being in cinematic shock value. You don't see Amuro wiping what's left of the Zeke pulp off his shoe the audience doesn't need to see. Instead there's the solemn silence, no music, and the sound of Amuro breathing slowly because he knows exactly what he was doing. "It's war."

Whereas in the other scene is about displaying the unflinching split second brutality, but after everything that's happened so far, Suletta is totally oblivious to the consequential "ketchup" splatter.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    With the latter, that is kind of the point, but the whole situation is incredibly fucked up due to the missing context. Namely, it's not so much that Suletta did a Titanfall 2 kill (seriously, if you're in a titan you can literally just one-hit punch enemies who are not in a titan, and this reduces them into a fine bloody mist), but that Suletta isn't all that bothered by the horrible thing she just did. Running theory is that she's not entirely there because this doesn't line up with how she acted earlier in the episode...until her mother Prospera essentially said "don't worry they're just the bad guys it's okay to kill them" and this triggered some kind of mind control.

EDIT: After all, the alternative is much worse:
    The Yakuza from Mercury : Gundam (reddit.com)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Soundlips

Soundlips Defending Reactivate since 2020 loves Tinfoil Hats

News Credits:
    Finally got around to watching the 8th MS Team, and goddamn it's pretty good. It's been awhile since I've seen some really good TV that hooked me from the start and this one has. Also, I keep forgetting it's anime because I am used to watching other adult animation shows like Futurama, South Park, Rick and Morty, Love Death and Robots, ect and then a naked chick and some tits pop out of nowhere that catches me off guard and I'm like "WTF, oh yeah it's anime." I mean, I could live without it, as the primary reason I watch Gundam is to well, watch giant Mechs fight each other, but whatever.

Man, I am digging the like Ode to Vietnam vibes and the like goofy stuff soldiers would do in their free time or when they were bored. It may just be me, but goddamn I just miss the old art styles of like the 80s and 90s and really wish they would bring more of that back. I've seen too many shit shows recently and seeing a cast that has good chemistry and is actually likeable, is a breath of fresh air.

And goddamnit, now I am going to need even more Gunplas now. I seriously need to stop watching this because the more I watch, the more kits I want to get. I guess that's just Gundam isn't it...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Leolim

Leolim Well-Known Member

08th the REAL best 90’s gundam series.

• Like Like x 2
  20. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Oh, you're in for a treat. Unlike most animes, and especially Gundam----08th MS team has a GREAT ending. Gunpla? You're gonna want a Gouf Custom by the end, trust me.

Be sure to seek out "08th MS Team - Battle in Three Dimensions", for what is essentially an extra half-episode. Came out a dozen years after the show, but about as canon as canon can be. (and more Gouf!)

• Like Like x 2