Gundam Epsilon - Re:Booted (RP)

Discussion in 'RPG and Games Forum' started by Stonecrusher, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Stonecrusher

Stonecrusher Just another Edgelord

News Credits:
    "We look up to the sky, hoping to find a world where conflict and turmoil are merely myths and legends. But such a world cannot exist if people are not willing to work towards it. It doesn't matter if you escape the gravity of this world. Conflict will just follow you until you face it. That is the price of existence."
    - ???, Galactic Era 0019

It is the year 0057 of the Galactic Era, and humanity is under siege.

For a little over a decade, a group of rogue space pirates known only as the Zodiac Corp have been attacking the space colonies that surround the Earth, using extremely powerful humanoid metal monstrosities known as Mobile Suits. Their motivations unknown, and survivors too shaken to speak of them.

The United Nations of Earth, forced to contemplate their circumstances, have been forced to fight back against these unknown enemies, creating Mobile Suits of their own to fight their oppressive invaders. An arms race of epic proportions has resulted from the conflict, creating newer and more deadly variants of the Mobile Suit designs.

Zakus, Doms, ZGoks, GMs, Jegans, so many different kinds of war machine, each very similar yet so different from the last.

Now, the technological progress has been halted, as Zodiac and the UN are at a stalemate.

But soon, the stalemate will be broken, as a private military contractor had taken the GM and boosted it. Speed. Power. Precision. In that moment, a new machine had been born, a shiny new boot to kick Space Pirate ass. A new hope for humanity.

This story is about that hope.

SESSION 01 - START UP!

COLONY 07 - designation; Avalon.

Based on old designs from the 1980s revamped with modern technology, it is a massive cylindrical structure orbiting the space between Mars and the Asteriod Belt.

In the eyes of most of human civilization, it is a mining colony through and through. However, it has proven an ample training ground for many potential recruits and pilots, and this made Avalon the perfect first stop for the System-Slipper known as the Unicorn, as well as the perfect premier point for its special cargo.

This is where our story begins...

2. Kyrios2

Kyrios2 Well-Known Member

"Stratos!" A voice rang out the hallway as an older, much taller man stepped towards a younger one. The young man was walking out towards the interior of the colony, most likely trying to get some food. "You didn't check in, kid."

"Oh, right. Sorry about that." The young man stated as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Ah don't mention it kid." He snickered and slapped the kid on the back. He snickered and punched the older one on the arm before running off. "RACE YOU TO THE BAR!" He shouted

"YOU HAVENT EVEN INSPECTED THE STRIKER!" The older one shouted as he ran after him

3. Stonecrusher

News Credits:
    Captain Morgan watched the two run to the local town and sighed.

"Those two are gonna be the death of someone. Whether it be me or some other poor soul, I'll never know."

4. Kyrios2

Kyrios2 Well-Known Member

"Cmon Barry you're not that old!" John shouted to him as he ran ahead.

"I'm, young enough!" He shouted as he sprinted past John at twice his speed. "TO OUTRUN YOU!" He laughed

"Oh you're ON!" He shouted as the two raced and slid over cars, almost getting hit by a few as they arrived at the nearest bar, both completely out of breath.

"Not, bad, for a, kid." He panted heavily as he held his knees. Meanwhile John was ON his knees.

"Not, bad for, an old man." He groaned. The bartender opened the door and looked at them.

"Well if it ain't Hiddleton and son." He laughed.

"Not my son." Barry groaned as the bartender handed them both glasses of cold water, which they practically inhaled.

5. captainnedloh

captainnedloh Nugget

News Credits:
    "No! Not that left, the other left!......I dunno, it keeps seizing up!"
    Derrick Colton yelled at the technician who was "attempting" to work on his mobile suit. He'd kept his Guncannon in decent shape, but after his last training excersize it appeared the left arm was starting to give him troubles.

"......well you'd better not break it! I'm going to need this guy soon!.......Hey buster, that's your problem!.....oh alright......just let me know when you get it done...."

6. Stonecrusher

News Credits:
    "Something going on, Derrick?" Morgan asked as he approached the hanger slot where the mechanics were busy repairing the Guncannon.

MEANWHILE!

A small vehicle was approaching a small house near the Avalon Military Academy...

7. captainnedloh

captainnedloh Nugget

News Credits:
    "nah nothing much.... Paul here was just having a little trouble with my suit....says the shield I attached is what's giving the arm problems....so what's new with you? And you have any idea what we're doing here?"

8. Stonecrusher

News Credits:
    "Well, it's about the special cargo we've been assigned to transport," Morgan sighed, "Asgard Co. thinks that this 'shiny new boot' should be shown off to aspiring recruits before it goes 'kicking space pirate ass.'"

9. captainnedloh

captainnedloh Nugget

News Credits:
    Colton threw his head back as he ran his fingers through his slowly graying hair
    "Hah! new boot.....new boots don't kick ass, it's the callous, the tried and true boots that hurt the most. Although if it gives those kids some hope, I suppose it couldn't hurt much." Any ideas where we might be assigned?

10. Stonecrusher

News Credits:
    "Well, we've already been assigned to transport this Mobile Suit to UN Militia Base in London. Barring the Zodiac finding out about the 'new boot,' it should be pretty much a milk run."

11. captainnedloh

captainnedloh Nugget

News Credits:
    "heh, you know I hate when you say things like that..."
    he turned to the techie

"Hey Paul! I'm gonna go get some chow! let me know if anything comes up!.....yeah sure, I'll bring yah back some!....of course Paul..."

the man turned towards captain Morgan ((heh, funny. RvB joke or just the alchohal?))

"You wanna come with cap? I'm starving. Missed breakfast to bring this thing in."

12. Stonecrusher

News Credits:
    "Eh, why not?"

13. captainnedloh

captainnedloh Nugget

News Credits:
    Derrick made his way towards the mess. He would be kidding himself if he said he wasn't a little worried that the techie would screw something up.

14. Stonecrusher

News Credits:
    Morgan followed.

MEANWHILE, OUTSIDE THE COLONY...

To the casual onlooker who managed to catch sight of them, the only sign of their existence would be the slight miscoloring of any stars or pieces of metal that happened to be behind them, or the bits of debris that bounced off their armor.

These strange, enigmatic shadows, shrouded from the casual eye by specialized cloaking shields that prevented detection of any kind on the electromagnetic spectrum, soon landed on the side of the colony. An unseen hand pulling a lever usually meant for Mobile Workers, opening a hatch usually used by technicians to move in and out of the colony.

They ventured further in, soon arriving within the colony themselves, their presence unseen by itself, but evident from the heavy, almost boot-shaped impressions on native soil and the sudden, unnatural fall of trees.

The first of these strange presence tapped into a communicator spectrum unused by UN troops but detectable by other parties.

"This is Walter Dreigan," a masculine voice spoke into the radio, "Kyro, Jack, can you read?"

((Anyone can take Kyro and Jack, they're both grunts.))

15. captainnedloh

captainnedloh Nugget

News Credits:
    a young Scottish accent hailed back.
    "Jack here...albeit a bit uncomfortably...remind me to bash the brains outta the technician who thought it wise not to put AC in this thing."

16. Olymprix

Olymprix Moonwalkin' on the Ceiling

News Credits:
    "This is Kyro. I read you, Dreigan," Kyro grunted. "We're here... What now?"

17. Stonecrusher

News Credits:
    "Now, we should be near the testing ground for this so called 'boot' rumors have been flying about," Dreigan explained, "Maintain cloak and avoid any civilian populations. We can't afford UN forces detecting our presence before we gather information on this ... Project."

18. God Ginrai

God Ginrai Energon Enthusiast

ZODIAC SHIP - THE ECLIPSE

On board the bridge of the Zodiac Mobile Suit carrier Eclipse, lurking not too far away from the colony, a blonde haired man in an ornate commander's uniform stood, watching the colony as it rotated serenely against the backdrop of space. Three of his men were cloaked inside the colony, looking for evidence about the "Boot" the UN was building.

Stepping up to the communications console, he contacted the three pilots.

"Dreigan, Kyro, Jack, report," he requested in a calm yet stern manner. "This is Commander Galvanis. Found anything about the Nats' 'boot' yet?"

19. Stonecrusher

News Credits:
    "Sir, we just got into the colony and we are now approaching a position where we can observe them showing this 'boot' off. Knowing our luck it's probably gonna be a real boot," Dreigan replied.

20. captainnedloh

captainnedloh Nugget

News Credits:
    Jack snickered, he was easily amused....