Gulli Website Updated With Transformers: Cyberverse

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SeanTF1967, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    They have problems making 2D movies. Regular 2D animation is dead. Shrek and Pixar killed it.

Hasbro and other companies want their shows to look like what’s getting ratings.

2. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    How can I believe you if you don’t believe your supporting comparison? There’s progression but it’s not a good result.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    Umm...it’s called satire. I’m making fun of people who think if they don’t buy it watch something it will get better. It doesn’t.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

The blue of Prime\'s vehicle form rising halfway up the cab\'s height is a laugh.  Of all the places to not cheat how they turn into legs.
    Something on Grimlock\'s alt isn\'t right either.

5. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah the more I see of this, the less I like it too, given that the show is in 3D I wish they just used the evergreen designs for this, I hope the animation makes up for this.
    32203090_2089011031128385_8584196988138946560_n.jpg 32243855_1809535915769593_265639312031219712_n.jpg 32272596_1973888782925588_4970784278381068288_n.jpg 32780452_176469913070024_6096951061606563840_n.jpg 32038573_440432966405689_3029474702859960320_n.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. BiggestGrimlockFan

BiggestGrimlockFan Well-Known Member

GRIMLOCK HAS FEATHERS!!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wheeljack's face looks like Rodimus Unicron, creepy actually. Grimlock's face is a fail too.

8. Bakuformer00

Bakuformer00 Autobot Servant

The designs are pretty good. Still wonder if we can see more alt-modes, though.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Scoff

Scoff Well-Known Member

Grimlock's dino mode looks pretty rad!

Hang on, he looks kind of different from the toy version of him. The colors are different in some places.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  10. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    Damn those look awesome. They definitely used them as a starting point for the show designs. I am confused yet intrigued by Wheeljack's asymmetry. I'm guessing he's had to replace some parts after some of his experiments go horribly wrong. I'm getting used to the idea of him and Grimlock(also love his design though the tail is a bit wonky in dino mode) having faces underneath the battlemasks though I do hope they still use the masks frequently as they just look so much better with them. Most of us see it as blasphemy but when you step back and really think about it, does it really make sense for Optimus to be the only one to flip down his battlemask from time to time? That said, I'd be horrified if they ever chose to show Soundwave's face...

11. Spontificus

Spontificus Well-Known Member

The character art looks good. I think I got too used to how Prime Wheeljack looked without his mask on to get on board immediately with the mustache look, but I am sure I'll get used to it.

12. Soundwaver

Soundwaver Banned

Well keep him away from the kids then and Wheelie included ( if Wheelie exist in this continuity).

Also love Grims dinomode.

13. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    I hate, hate, hate the hands with three fingers and a thumb. That just bugs the $#!& out of me for no good reason other than it seems like the characters/ animators were just taking shortcuts and didn't wanna draw five-fingered hands. It's an unwelcome callback to some of the lamest cartoons of the past, IMHO. I'll still at least try to watch a few episodes to give it a chance, but I'm not holding out much hope. :rolleyes: 

14. Soundwaver

Soundwaver Banned

I think that it was to making them more alien. They can't act or look too human.

15. Robbot

Robbot Well-Known Member

With Grimlock I like how his T-Rex mode combines both modern ideas and classic ones about how They probably looked

• Like Like x 1
  16. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Wow, Starscream and Thundercracker are really quite different! I like it! As far as the art style, it's not my cup of tea, but the last time my feelings about the art style with this negative the show ended up being Transformers Animated which was amazing. So I will Reserve judgement until I actually see it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    I I would love to see those designs realized more realistically though. Like, a video game or something. Maybe have somebody really good who understands the franchise do a script and then have an upper tier Japanese or Korean Animation Studio execute it? I feel like with that franchise they only take their media seriously every 3 or 4 years. If you look at the Aligned era, they were actually really killing it. The Prime show was great and won Emmys if I remember right, Rescue Bots was such a hit with the kids that it's still on to this day, war for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron established the property as something you could legitimately build a quality game around and also appealed to the fan bases of multiple iterations of the franchise, and of course you had the IDW comics. on the toy front, they had stuff for every demographic, took a leap in engineering and design and fully realizing the show model with the actual toy, and deployed the different toy lines logically according to the Target audiences of the corresponding media. So Rescue Bots toys were for little kids, and the video game toys were the generations line. For Prime, which was targeted to older audience but was their main line cartoon, they wisely chose to skew somewhat older with the toys, which is why they're still highly sought after.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Beast Wars/Beast Machines is what got the idea rolling on possibilities for them being added. Though they were predominately there only in beast modes(technically speaking, TM/TM2 modes the bot mode was the beast mode with how the transwarp waved turned them inside out a lot of BW/BM was built on that aspect of building to tecnhorganic and removing the robot from it). So they don't exactly count. Depends on the series choices really. Like for G1, it humanizes them too much when you need that mixed aspect of their backstory too. Though G1 also has them the technically behind the colored glass with how the internals had the optics designed as we saw with Unicron, and other X-ray shots of bots. Thinking of it from a design standpoint, for how the pupil works to light emiting to notice it is the biggest issue. Because the eye coverings are essentially a form of "sunglasses" so to speak. Or like a camera lense, but using that kind similar to two way mirrors.

That's why animated worked with the entire lighting aspect for it, which gave us the white circles/lighter colored circles. This is going more for the G1 aspect though of the opaque colored glass style.

19. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    I didn't mean to pick on yours. xD
    Closest person that said it for the quote.

I like windblade's design personally though.

20. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    I completely agree, I absolutely loved the Aligned continuity, it felt like Transformers had entered a new renaissance but then they stopped making the Cybertron games and ended Transformers Prime, 2 of the greatest things to come out of the franchise in decades imho. Instead of building on the successes of brand cohesion like so many other companies and properties, they chose to take a step backward and return to a messier, impulsive system that makes it difficult for anyone on the outside to tell if they even have a long term plan or if they're just winging it. It's honestly frustrating and more than a little puzzling that this is the direction they've been going in when other properties like Marvel have demonstrated the power of brand cohesion with movies, games, comics, cartoons, toys, and more. At the very least Hasbro has been better about this with things like the generations line with 3 year arks encompassing consistent themes and they seem to be starting to have at least some consistency by establishing evergreen designs. The new show follows pretty closely to those designs while still making them its own. Hopefully they will build upon the evergreen foundation further and don't abandon it in a couple years.

• Like Like x 1