Guilty Collection GC-03 Greedy (Fall of Cybertron Ramjet)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 8, 2015.

1. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Who brought it to their attention? From what I've learned over the last couple weeks, we should be boycotting them... I bet it was FansToys!

2. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you want to conveniently ignore that flat out rip off Fakebuster's design back then, that's your issue. It does not change the fact that their initial set was stolen from FB at that time.

This has a lot of people contemplating as the reputation built back then had major negative repercussions, yet interest is building as people like/want what's currently (supposedly) in the works. This new batch seems different enough to warrant acknowledging they are distinct enough as well as garner attention. However, people still do remain skeptical.

Several folks had messaged several retailers (including, but not limited to BBTS, TFS, etc). Alas, I am not privy to the number of people that sent these messages back then ...

3. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe you folks should be talking about this in the thread about the toys that they actually copied from Fakebusker, instead of filling over every other toy thread from Guilty with the same arguments?

4. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    Yeah this guy is Guilty all right... of making crap! LOL!

5. sunshinefaye

sunshinefaye Active Member

News Credits:
    OK, let me get this straight.

Did Guilty Collection have any actual products on the market that steal from the Fakebuster guy you said?

NO?

and you guys can see through the "fact" that they have stolen the Fakebuster's desgin only by wacth a single CG photograph, and even there is no Alt mode on it? I even can't see clearly any detail on that, how did you guys figure out how dose it transform into the alt mode? Obviously you can't, and somehow you guys still can complete it with the Fakebuster's desgin. you guys are pretty amazing.

And I just don't get it, why you guys are so rush and so desperate to define Guilty Collection or define my purpose? Is that a littel weird? you don't allow different opinion or something? maybe somebody else will see the insight of that.

I guess you're right, I'm gonna say something about this thread. I mean, seriously? Coneheads? That's hardcroe, right? even you guys can't deny it. If Guilty Collection is the opportunist like you guys said, why do they choose these characters? why don't they pick some easy one? is there anybody can answer that?

Here we go. I knew somebody will throw that shit on me eventually. Thanks, man.

6. CybertronianFan

News Credits:
    Stop. Stop trying to use NOW to cover what happened back then.

It was made very clear that Gulity ripped Fakebuster back then (not now, but then). Thus why the few retailers that did carry their stuff back then took them down when it was brought to their attention. It has also been made very clear that we acknowledge Guilty's current FoC/WfC products have a design distinct enough from Fakebuster's (or anyone else's) items. And though interest is building toward the current stuff, many are still skeptical due to Guilty's previously built reputation.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But when said opinion flat out contradicts established facts?

Again, we've made it very clear we're talking about what Guilty DID, not current doing or plan to do.

As much as I am one of these Guilty Creation skeptics, this actually has my attention and it is probably the first product they've announced I am truly interested in. Here's hoping they make up for past events.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2015
  7. Javier

Javier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I certainly hope you're not affiliated with Guilty in any way (or perhaps you'd like to take this chance to denounce any connection with the sunshinefaye pseudonym? :D ) because your futile attempts at rewriting history is singlehandedly destroying any goodwill Guilty has managed to build within the community by revising their designs.

8. Composite Ghost

News Credits:
    Save your money, everybody. When this comes out I'm going to laser scan it and put it on Shapeways for half the price.

9. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, most of us don't give a flying Rattrap's behind, honestly.

Why the heck would I want a Shapeways version?

10. CybertronianFan

News Credits:
    Can't say I disagree here. I totally loathe that popcorn-like material mainly used to produce items from there. Great products from that source, but can't stand the principle material.

11. Composite Ghost

News Credits:
    I'll be having them printed in polylac virgin ABS, that's why you'll want them.

12. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

It's funny how people have an issue with this 3rd Party group for having copied something early on, yet people want to boycott FansToys for trying to stop a similar situation from occurring with a different 3rd Party. Sometimes the fandumb really is...

13. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  14. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here is a translated statement from Guilty's weibo page:

15. CybertronianFan

News Credits:
    Thx for posting this, Scaleface. It is interesting, but sort of confusing. They're changing to Guilty Collection (CHECK!). Products not for sale (huh?) and will be met at the 2nd half (if products are not for sale, why meet up? :lol ). Looks like some things may have gotten lost in interpretation?

Any news if their opening other sites for news/media access?

16. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I try to hang out in the Chinese 3P chat boards and pick up what I can where I can.

I take it as meaning that things now available for sale yet will be out in the 2nd half of the year. The last bit that didn't translate at all in google seems to be them saying for their fans to tell each other about the name change. This post was mostly for Chinese customers and online friends, but since I saw it I figured I'd post it.

17. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seriously, I honestly don't care how brilliant a design is… if it's only available as Shapeways plastic, then I actually WANT someone to steal it and make it an actual product worth buying… otherwise, I'm not buying it anyway.

Sure a company should buy a design rather than just copying it, but considering ~75% of my collection is based on IP theft (ie. 3P products) it's just another layer of the onion and I'm not gonna get all high-minded because someone stole from "one of us" instead of from "the man".

18. Javier

Javier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah yes, Scaleface, the ever popular people's voice. No need to remind us about all the goodwill you generated on behalf of Play With This Too while their kickstarter was going on. Mighty kind of you. :) 

Maybe it would be better if you stuck to speaking for yourself rather than other people, yes?

19. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Most people do not care one way or the other Javier. I know I don't.

20. Javier

Javier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fair enough if you don't, that's an opinion that you're entitled to and I can understand why, but I don't think it's okay for you to generalise it as one shared by "most people" when others beside myself have stepped forward to speak against sunshinefaye's revisionist attempts.