Guilty Collection GC-03 Greedy (Fall of Cybertron Ramjet)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 8, 2015.

1. HeyPiRon

HeyPiRon Well-Known Member

Interesting. WFC DS characters! I was waiting for this!
    Hope it will be deluxe size.

2. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    I'm slightly interested in this...as I've been wanting a different type of Coneheads to put alongside High Lord Straxus in my collection...would be cool if Thrust and Dirge were to follow...

3. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    someone should change the title from "connection" to "collection" i got here thinking of a new combiner

4. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There is no TFPrime/WFC/FOC Thrust character ever mentioned.

Dirge and Ramjet only appeared in the Nintendo DS version of the game for WFC, a TFPrime popup book and as supporting characters in Rise of the Dark Spark.

Ramjet was also mentioned in the Transformers: Retribution book.

So yeah, obscure characters.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  5. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, thanks. That makes this a really weird and somewhat exciting choice by Guilty - I like out of the box rather than a fourth Predaking or whatever

6. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm interested, I like Jetformers. If it's good and Voyager, I'll pick him up.

7. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am a huge FoC/WfC fan, but I will admit I never truly got into the DS version of the game. This Ramjet is a welcomed addition, but as obscure a character that he is, I wish more data was released on him.

8. sunshinefaye

sunshinefaye Active Member

News Credits:
    First, I maybe need a new glasses. Besause as I can see, these two items are totally different things, they have different shape, differenet fitting way. Are you sure you got serious look on these two?

Second, the original design of these weapons is from the WFC/FOC game, right? So I can say, both of these two guys's design are based on the original model in the game, right? Where is the "stolen" you said coming from?

Third, you said this "Guilty Collection" guy "using Highmoon's concept art as their teaser and slapping their name on it", I still don't see you prove it, maybe you couldn't, I don't know.

So I guess, if I am right, maybe you owe these guys an apology for blaming them unjustly, and owe all of us here another apology for misleading us, for giving us worng messages about this whole thing.

9. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You are not incorrect here. They are two different designs.

Here is where you're incorrect. Guilty was (pardon the puny phrase) guilty of ripping off several of Fakebuster's designs off Shapeways over a year ago. When it was brought to several retailer's attention, they took down the orders for the products. It wasn't until recently that Guilty has made several minor design changes that, although still sourced from the game, had enough changes to differentiate from Fakebuster's designs. However, due to the fiasco Guilty caused years ago, many people are still very skeptical about this company (and rightfully so).

10. Javier

Javier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ignore him. All, save for one, of his posts have been to promote Beezleboss and Guilty products, Scaleface style. It's rather safe to say that no amount of explaination is going to change his view, since he's probably either a superfan or affiliated with the company in some way.

11. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, at least he did it with style...

12. sunshinefaye

sunshinefaye Active Member

News Credits:
    I have seen a few guys keep saying that, "ripping off","stolen", these are two very strong words, I don't wanna use them until we can actually figure the turth out, neither should you. I already said we can not judge or accuse someone like that without proofs,that's just rude. At this monent, I haven't seen any of you can pull out any real proofs. So, call me crazy, but I don't think you can convince "many people" with that if you even can't convince me, am I right?

So you did spend some time to dig what I've posted long time ago, but still you can not dig any simple proofs?

I'm flattered, sir :D 

13. Javier

Javier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol  Fair enough. You're alright sometimes. :) 

The issue with stolen promotional art is not mine to prove since I did not levy the accusation but in any case there is an entire thread of people pointing out the designs for the cassettebots were stolen: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...4-guilty-operation-cassette-rewind-eject.html

Though you're aware of that seeing as how you've commented on it before.
    In any case, the fact that retailers were sufficiently convinced to pull pre-orders rather than keep them and earn some revenue should speak volumes in and of itself.

But honestly, the only convincing that's going on here is you trying to convince people Guilty never stole anything. Good luck with that.

Also, isn't it rather strange how you refer to Guilty as a one man operation?

14. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So that fact that after changing, their items went up for sale from the same vendors should speak volumes too right?

Third Party Transforming Toys & Accessories Toys, Action Figures, and Collectibles

I don't think anyone is trying to convince anyone Guilty never copied other people's work, simply that they stopped making exact copies of other people's work after people complained. So every time Guilty announce a new product, it might might not be necessary to bring out the pitchforks and boil up the tar in anticipation that they are up to it again.

Guilty is a guy, Dr. Wu is a guy. Dx9 is a guy. They all design stuff and go to a Chinese factory to get them to mass produce their stuff. Guilty just messed up on his first products by copying cool stuff he found on Shapeways, not thinking anyone would care. People complained, and he made new items. As a pleasant side effect Shapeways artists have realized that their designs are worthy of mass productions, and we have seem them move in that direction too, so overall it was a win for both sides. Guilty is making new stuff, and some Shapeways designers are making mass produced product!

BTW - Anyone else notice the this is GC-03? What was 01 and 02?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  15. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 Stop on red but leave on amber Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Well I'm not sure about 01, but I think 02 is the FOC Magnus that's game-accurate.

And while I still detest what Guilty's done in the past (and you have to admit, the company name doesn't exactly lessen any skepticism anyone may still have), I am impressed by the turn around. I kinda wish we'd get all the weapons from both games in the form of guns plus bicep swivel.

16. Javier

Javier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Erm, his assertion was that Guilty never stole designs in the first place, so I'm not exactly sure what that proves O.O

I dunno, seems like his intent is pretty clear to me. If that was what he had been trying to do, then I'd be all for it, since everybody deserves a second chance if they're actively amending things as Guilty seems to be doing, but when sunshinefaye here comes in and insists Guilty is, well, innocent, then there's a problem.

I suppose my point there was how he instinctively pegged Guilty as an individual, rather than a team. I don't think most of us would've realised the 3P companies you listed were individuals if they themselves hadn't come forth and said so (apart from Dr. Wu because you know, the name). So unless Guilty has come forth and said so somewhere that I'm not aware of, I do think it's a point for suspicion, especially for an account whose sole purpose seems to be promoting Beezleboss and Guilty products.

17. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's not listed as such that I have seen. It's G-09, unless they changed it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  18. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would make sense if Guilty intends to make a few FOC-inspired figures to re-number Magnus as part of a sub-line. Not saying that is what is happening, but it's got some logic behind it.

19. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess maybe Guilty is a fan of FOC for the DS. That Magnus is right from a special mission on that game too!

20. Natephoenix

Natephoenix DoodleBot

Ebay:
    Well, whether they're aptly named or not, I'm excited for FoC coneheads.
    In fact, if Guilty want to make these Voyager sized, add a waist swivel, and then re-do the original three to be Voyager too, I'll buy them all.

Hell, do the rainmakers, the welcoming party, redwing, etc, too.