Guess Bay Ticked Off Other Fans Too...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by intothematrix15, Jun 17, 2014.

1. intothematrix15

intothematrix15 Banned

Again, good thing I aint a insane old man :D .

2. Optimusime

Optimusime Well-Known Member

So true.

3. Optimusime

lol....you will be one day! :D 

4. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

LEAVE IT TO MICHAEL "DEVASTATOR BALLS" BAY TO GIVE OUR BELOVED CHILDHOOD HERO OPTIMUS PRIME TWO GIANT BLUE DICKS.Absolutely disgusting, somebody please think of the children, raped my childhood, etc, etc.God, I love the movie forum

5. hyruk

hyruk Genericon

Am I the only one here who isn't pissed off or butthurt by michael bay's transformers trilogy?
    Cuz I like his ideas and love the way he manages characters and plot

6. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why is it so many people crawl out the woodwork to pretend that the films are perfect examples of filmography that respect the source material and flock to support the film series calling everyone who even dislikes a single aspect as being 'haters' - hasn't anyone heard of people having varying opinions on the films?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles situation;
    Anyway, Bay was going to turn the Turtles into aliens - he even stated it in a conference once, that is a fact and the original script leak also confirms it. One of the newer trailers also references this and their decision to alter it back to not aliens due to fan's hatred of the idea.

"So, they're aliens?" Will Arnett/Vernon Fenwick
    "No, that's stupid, They're ninjas." - Megan Fox/April O'Neil

'Ruined Childhood'
    If you're playing around with established history of the characters and you do things that weakens the characters then you can be considered ruining someone's childhood. Its not due to anything as stupid as whatever they do preventing you from enjoying the better media - its more due to the fact that the next generation that grows up with these films will always value Transformers in the same light as the films portray it.

People call it 'ruining their childhood' because from this point on whenever someone will refer to Bumblebee they will likely think of the 'mute' from the film series, whenever someone refers to a characters that's been in the film series peoples minds will always go back to the film series which is arguably a flawed way of viewing the Transformers universe.

If you have a stain on a clean shirt, then when you wear it outside people will notice the stain more than the fact that everything else is clean. That's essentially what the fandom is worried about, that everyone will treat the movies as the focus - which has been proven as the case via its adaptions into other media

Influence in other media;
    You can see examples of how the decisions of the films are affecting the other media - such as in Transformers Prime, Transformers Animated and Transformers Resue Bots which have changed their design style and certain characters to mimic the movies.

7. autobot slapper

autobot slapper Banned

Here's a idea!

You stick with g1

And the fans of these films will stick with the films

That way no arguing.

The end.

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    "Outrage" over the new ninja turtles films is pretty old news, the thread on the new movie has been chronicling it in the movies and tv section for a long time, and there's been a few other threads in places like GD. So far, the discussion has followed pretty much the same kind of ridiculous direction it has with respect to Bay's work on Transformers, which we should all be familiar with by now.

While I completely agree that new stories, characters, and interpretations of Transformers is key to it's long term success, there's a bit of irony in this post, given how many of the ideas in your idea thread focused on bringing back G1 characters, killing off characters (and prime), and retreading ground that's already been tread.

I think that if the TF films can capitalize on some of the novel and interesting story ideas they've established (which they very well might, given the focus that the relationship between humans and the use of cybertronian tech seems to have in what we've seen of TF4), that they'd finally be playing to their narrative strengths, and if Bay can do the same thing with Ninja Turtles and learn from his mistakes on TF, that there's potential there as well.

Also, I'd advise you to try and avoid characterizing entire groups of fans as "babies" or "the worst" or whatever, it's generally bad for discussion and for a new user, it can alienate you from a lot of people right from the start.

9. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    I love how people seem to think that anything that has Michael Bay's name on it was made completely by him alone. Writing, directing, animating, everything, despite him being a producer only. People are blaming Michael Bay for Ninja Turtles looking horrible despite the fact that he has been up to his eyeballs with Transformer stuff he probably hasn't done jack shit with Ninja Turtles.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

To borrow a quote from Spock "Fascinating". People attempting to point out that someone is attempting to be childish so often fall into childish name calling. Also sometimes that childish I got what I want so I don't care about anyone else. Accusing others of acting badly because they want to "own" the franchise but at the same time acting as if they "own" the franchise themselves and somehow these films will just continue on forever.

As to the whatever your childhood, all we really have of the past is memories. Without memories your grandma's old house is just a collection of wood, glass, and shingles. Without memories that old action figure is just a bit of plastic. So if something really rotten or bad happens it can taint memories. Lets say you love fried chicken but one day you get salmonella poisoning so bad it puts you in the hospital. Chances are the good memories of fried chicken are wiped out because you remember that horrible time in the hospital instead.

But reasons to hate Bay go way back so Transformers is only one of the times people have been upset with him as a director. His track record as a producer is even worse for some people. Saying Bay films sucks was popular enough to put into song long before Transformers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z3GJiZqDCI

11. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Team America world police makes fun of almost entire Holywood :) 
    And is not the same as "raped my childhood"
    People goes to the extremes, why not just make the conclusion "his movies suck" end.

12. Rhinox007

Rhinox007 Liquid Fire

Although I don't always agree with Scorpio's opinions, he does take time to elaborately explain them and thouroughly write them out, which I admire. Without such posters as scorpio, interesting discussions wouldn't exist. And that is what this forum is for: discussion. If you don'tagree with him, use arguments in a constructive way to debate with him as to why he might be wrong.

Listen to this guy, he knows what he is talking about, or else you won't be having a good time on the boards. I recall you said something like: 'i dont want to get banned', then I'd suggest to follow this advice by heart

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2014
  13. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    I enjoyed most of the TF films, just didn't like the toilet humor in the second, as I felt they just ruined the pacings of that film for me. If they had worked, it'd be a different story, but they didn't.

I was never bothered by the fact that Bay said the TMNT would be aliens, because I believed he wasn't being clear, and just doing a quick blurb about it. In the comics the aliens were part alien, due to their exposure to the TCRI chemicals, and it was confirmed as such, when they eventually do get DNA scanned by the Triceratons, that they did possess the DNA of a race of alien turtles they later encountered during the Mirage Studios run. The trailers saying the TMNT were created by O'Neil's father and "Shredder" just even confirmed it more, making me believe they found the goo used to create the TMNT. So I'm currently thinking the goo is a mixture of alien DNAs or something (like Marvel's Terrigen Mists used by the Inhumans).

Also, yeah at the whole Michael Bay confusion about him directing this movie. It's the same as saying Tim Burton directed, "A Nightmare Before Christmas." I doubt Bay had much involvement after the film started the production phase (unlike Burton in ANBC).

14. autobot slapper

autobot slapper Banned

The only bayformers haters I hate are the ones that attack MB himself or the ones harshly insult the fans.

They are waste of life.

15. Optimusime

I just can't understand this whole " ruined childhood" thing.
    I have great memories of so many things as a child. Whether it was a favourite cartoon, a book, a toy,
    Whatever. But no bad experience with maybe breaking a favourite toy, loosing some favourite item or watching a bad new series of a favourite show has ever tainted or made me forget those wonderful memories I had originally. If we did forget the great memories, how would sayings like "back in the good old days" or "when I was a boy" even exist?
    I can't see how new interpretations of an old idea could possibly ruin the cherished memories of a kid. Childhood was the great years of our lives when we were free to dream and imagine. I know I'll never forget those amazing memories no matter how good or bad new takes of old favorites are.
    Just my 2c

16. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Those are just people not open to new stuff.
    It is like if i hated the Joker from "The Batman" for being so different.
    I found him odd at the start, but grew to love him. :) 

17. autobot slapper

autobot slapper Banned

What I love about Bayformers is that it creates a new generation of fans for transformers. And g1 fans moaning saying "aw u suck, g1 bee is the only bee eva" are stupid

Remember this.

Everyone grows up with a different franchise, so g1 bee is for the oldies, movie bee is for New fans, same thing goes for bee in animated and Prime etc.

We all have a certain bumblebee in our lives, they're the same, but with some differences.

18. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

Michael Bay isn't directing TMNT so this point is moot

19. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

very well put...the films brought me back

20. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Gotta love how they're blaming Bay for a movie he didn't even direct.