GTA:V

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Creaky, Oct 25, 2011.

1. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
  2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Got fucking pinned down by a group of high levels (50+) protecting their bountied buddy. All of 'em with miniguns. I couldn't respawn far enough away without getting gunned down instantly. Unfortunately for them a few other players showed up, and they wound up with a wanted level and 50 cops shoved down their throats.

Assholes had their pimped out million dollar rides right there and they couldn't be stolen. "Grand Theft Auto" my ass. That's the single stupidest decision in the game. If you park it you should be prepared to risk losing it.

3. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

I don't know man, think about it for a second. If any car could be stolen, then people wouldn't bother spending the cash on the high dollar rides and pimping them out if they could be lost so easily. Everybody would just be rolling around in Pinto's and shit so they don't risk losing all that cash.

4. Sso02V

News Credits:
    Exactly. Don't bring it out if you don't want to risk losing it.

5. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  6. Eric

Eric Dreadnought of Floof

News Credits:
  7. Galaxy Convoy

Nobody would be bringing them out if they're too easy to lose due to the game being so random and chaotic. You could literally lose in 5 minutes what took you days to aquire.

It's not like you can set up a private, friends only game(or can you?) either. Protecting the cars from theft actually gives players the incentive to save up and go after those high dollar rides in the first place. Again, who would actually bother doing that if they could never use them out of fear of theft? And griefing too?

Further thinking into it, plenty of folks might not even opt to save up for one of those rides knowing they could just steal other players' rides. Defeating the purpose of that.

8. Sso02V

News Credits:
    What irritates me about it is that you can choose to make your car unstealable, so you have people like those three that leave them out in plain view, let someone steal it, then switch it over and it kicks them out of the car automatically. Bullshit game mechanic there.

9. Galaxy Convoy

Now that is bullshit. I agree. Players shouldn't be able to control that. If cars are unstealable then they should be set that way. No turning that "off" and "on".

10. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

I didn't know that it kicks people out of the cars. I wondered what happened earlier when the car I was in stopped, and forced me out. Personally, I wish they would stop mixing high ranks with low ranks. I was in a match earlier, robbed a convenience store, come out to my waiting vehicle, go to leave, and I get blown sky high.

Also, if anyone else has the Collector's Edition and can't find where to get the cars/garage, let me know, I finally figured it out. The Khamelion is awesome, and FAST.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP #VernoWasRight

News Credits:
    Yeah, the car mechanics are bullshit. This game literally goes out of it's way to make stealing ANY car not worth the hassel.

Also, any particular reason you can't start a closed session from multiplayer, or why you don't return to your closed session after jobs?

Even when multiplayer works it's still got problems.

12. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Have you set your matchmaking to closed? I've found that helps when you want to keep yourself in a private session.

13. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    I especially hate that, unless you're in your own customized "default" car, if you drive past any cop, you get a star which then turns to 2 stars because of evasion. Because the video is a "stolen" vehicle. Seriously defeats the purpose of the game's title.

14. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Seriously, keep the shitheads out. Makes it so much better.

15. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Hey you guys, to add to the "stealing other player's vehicles" thing, once you get to a certain rank you can put an ignition-linked explosive in your car so if it's stolen it blows up.

Also you can put a remote detonator on the car too.

... don't know if this adds fuel to the fire. :lol 

16. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I see where people are coming from with the personal cars. But, I don't see why it's a problem. It is someones car that they spend money on in the game, what is the point of spending money on it and garaging it. What's next, you expect to be able to break into peoples apartments in game and take that from them too?

You have to be able to have something personal in this game, so why can't it be a car that can't be stolen by another player who will likely destroy it and you would have pissed away 100gs on the thing for nothing.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP #VernoWasRight

News Credits:
    Uh, YEAH. It's Grand Theft Auto, it's a game about crime and stealing! Of course we should be able to jack eachother's cars.

And that apartment idea is good. Break in and raid the place.

18. Galaxy Convoy

It's only cool and a good idea until it happens to you. Then you curse Rockstar and drop the game out of disgust.

19. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah sorry being able to bust into peoples apartments and steal shit is dumb as hell. It'd be like being able to kill someone and magically have access to their in-game bank account to help yourself.

If you're going to ask players to put down hard earned cash on items you can't then turn around and tell them 'don't buy this because someone will steal it if you ever take it out of your garage oh and we'll make it so they can break into your garage anyway'. Players would just stockpile cash and guns because apartments and vehicles would be pointless. Then you'd be left with an even more mindlessly moronic 24/7 deathmatch than you already have.

Literally the only winning move would be not to play.

20. toaster

toaster It's Hip to be Square !

I have a question about the Heists in MP. Is it possible to lose money from your bank account if players rob the bank ? I wonder if that's even possible.