GTA:V

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Creaky, Oct 25, 2011.

1. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    I got a question about the character deletion problem. My character was deleted a few days ago and the cloud server message came up when I tried to go online again. I read that pressing retry deletes the character but does pressing retry truly delete my character as in all the stats? I just checked my profile and all the money I earned and spent is still there but not everything else and I haven't made a new character since I found out my original one was deleted.

2. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    Has anybody seen a crate drop in online mode yet?

3. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Friend sent me this. Not sure if real.

Attached Files:

4. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Real? Doubtful.
    Funny? Yes.

5. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But doesn't Rockstar own/manage the servers? The very same servers that didn't allow me to get past a tutorial for a game in which we already played for 2 weeks. And the very same servers which deleted my character and many others? If its not Rockstar's responsibility, please, tell me who is responsible.
    I can only speak for me, but mine was the same. Character, rank and job history was gone. My money was still there.

6. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    There's nothing more annoying than minding your own business and then to have someone come barreling toward you, get out, mow you down then leave. (Fine, it's part of the game) But then he kept coming back. So, I defend myself. This time he's got someone else in the car. So, I hop out and take cover behind my car and take them both out. Just then they turn their mics over to "Everyone" and I can hear them now. I hear two high pitched voices screaming expletives at me.

They keep coming for more and they get me as I'm trying to get away to go back to what I was doing and then they kick me... :mad 

TL;DR - I've lost hope in parenting.

7. Mister Chef

Mister Chef Mister Chef

You aren't sure if its real?

...seriously.

8. Dolf

Dolf New England Transformers Collectors Group member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I started a character in Slot 1 when Online launched, got through tutorial but kept running into glitches.

Started a second character in Slot 2 after the first patch, got him to Rank 6.

Then sunday night (two days ago) I got a "trouble with cloud" message when logging and subsequently lost both slotted characters.

On the bright side, I had deposited all $$ from prior characters into bank........so decided to start a new character, this time hopefully glitch free, with a nice "starting bank"

9. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
  10. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    They missed tip 27.

27. Don't.

11. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    228 characters.

12. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    I'm having a great time playing online.

13. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Finally got to sink some time in GTA:O this week and I was completely underwhelmed. The game has ambition, I love all the customization and stuff you can do. That same stuff is pretty clunky at times though. Vanilla death matches have the same problem of Red Dead of extremely crappy maps + the trademark Rockstar tank controls/lame ass lock on making fights feel extremely disjointed and frustrating. Ammo always runs out too and you get stuck with super crappy guns until you rank up. Have fun people starting off in November or December. Overall I give it a 6/10. Would rather just mess around in the game world than do Jobs....

That is until I experienced the unabashed glee that comes with running over your friends/purposely crashing into trucks on your bike while a friend is carrying the package on a Job and being chased by the opposing team/ or that ridiculous Top Fun mission with the jets chasing the sports cars. Omg I had tears rolling down my face from how funny doing all that chit was. Game still sucks playing solo though.

14. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Anyone having trouble with the Lester assassination missions? I got to invest in Fruit and the Bawsdaq is constantly down. Wth?

15. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    had weird experience earlier. Was just messing around robbing stores online and got booted. got a message saying I was kicked out by other players. WTF? I was just robbing stores no where near anyone else. I never interacted with any of them.

Also did have one good robbery. Rob a store and in my escape had cops chasing me. I see a stairwell and go up it thinking it will lead to an escape. Nope just a balcony with a planter at the top of the steps. I get up there and notice cops stuck at a fence near an entrance to the area. I hide and my wanted level starts flashing. Then a cop or two come up and i shoot them. I hide again willing to make my stand... eventually they give up and my wanted level goes away. Kinda neat. I did laugh as I saw some cops fall off the roof over me and fall to their deaths. Hehehe.

Had a funny bit in story mode where i get up as michael and I hear the wife say "Oh I thought I locked the door.." next I hear a buzzing sound and she tosses a vibrator across the room. I love little odd bits like this. Also recently found her on the couch with one of those face cream masks and cucumber slices over the eyes. I took a picture.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  16. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Probably just a bunch of assholes trying to control the game.

"Whose that dude way over there robbing places?"
    "Dunno, but boot his ass. That's our shit to rob!"

17. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone else hear Beetlejuice in Trevor? I swear he's like what I imagine pre-dead Beetlejuice to be.

18. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Had fun a bit ago.

Was online and I run into an Ammunation to see about buying the SMG. I pass and notice the guy I ran past to get in is waiting outside. so I wait a bit and nudge the door open. He fires and hits me. I run back in a bit for cover and he runs in. Shop keep kills him. I laugh and grab his money. I run out and hop in HIS car and notice he spawned nearby. I drive around and run his ass over a few times till he is dead. I drive off and notice he popped up again and go back and run over him as he is trying to carjack someone. he get's up and I shoot him before he can shoot me. I leave satisfied.

He wanted to be an ass but I out assed him. :ev: 

19. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    Are you signed into the Playstation Network (or X-Box equivalent)? You have to be signed in for the stock market to work.

20. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just a little fun ride from me, this is my baby, I LOVE this car, especially when it's fully modded with decent brakes. This is Michael's version, for some reason Franklin's has the engine enclosed, which I love. I'm finally at 85.18%, and i'm not with all spaceship, and letter collectibles, they pissed me off so bad, died SO many times from trying to get them.

[​IMG]