Grimlock's attitude

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Kouri, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Ah, he's as strong as... well I guess that's good enough.

True enough Megatron is Megatron, but come on... GRIMLOCK BAD ASS! :lolol 

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh but you're forgetting the
    [​IMG]

Many Autobots perished in the target of that deadly weapon! The last thing they heard was

"BAH-WHOMF"

3. Legless Pete

Legless Pete Chairman Kaga

Grimlock's an animal. Animals are afraid of things that hurt. I really don't see why you people are getting so fuhklempt about it. If anything, Grimlock is responding in the RIGHT way, and you're just too bloated with nostalgia to see that even idiots have instinct.

4. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Yeah, same here. Prowl was supposing that Meltdown used his power to hurt the dinobots into submission, Meltdown confirmed it, and then Grimlock said "Meltdown HURT Dinobots! Me Grimlock sorry." I totally read that as Grimlock apologizing for attacking Prowl and Bulkhead.

5. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

But it DID happen that way. Remember that a lot of the characters aren't always like their G1 counterparts.

Grimmy will get payback eventually.

6. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

You know... I want to kill furman for the whole "Me Grimlock badass." thing now.

I would love to see an IDW comic with "Me grimlock badass." and Either Prime, Kup, Hot Rod, or any decepticon just shake his head and say "Badass this." and just punch Grimlock out and mutter something about Nostalgia being way to annoying.

7. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hate to disagree, but about 50% of Grimlock's (and the Dinobots) popularity comes from the way Furman handled them. And to a lesser extent, Budiansky too.

Not as much for simply Grimlock, who was a ruthless and intelligent commander (and sometimes a tyrant) but for the other dinobots, who in the cartoon were stupid, forgettable cyphers. They even talked the same way as Grimlock.

Certainly, I would never have remembered them as the dumb cartoon dinos, if not for Furman's writing - he gave us the gentle giant Sludge (who even fell in love with a reporter once), the sociopathic Slag who can be as evil as any of your Decepticon pyromaniacs, the level-headed Swoop who often acts as the voice of reason for Grimlock (and who has his own reasons for staying in the group, his immense hatred of authority and OP, above all). And, umm, Snarl, who... well, sadly even in the comics, Snarl was always just there, following orders and never doing much memorable except maybe when he made fun of Trypticon's dumb alt mode on Cybertron (oh I bet Trysie is laughing now when he found out Snarl became a Stegosaurus). I wish some writer would use Snarl and give him a memorable personality.

I hope in time Grimlock becomes the feared Dinobot commander in Animated as well. But he needs time... don't forget, he's only about a few weeks old yet! Baby Grimlock... ;) 

8. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

No man you called it well. Thanks for thinking of me but you are definitely on the right track.

9. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Great post about the dinobots. Well said.

10. thekryle

thekryle Well-Known Member

i wish they would have based him more off of War Within.

11. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, that thing is a killer. :D  I wonder if Animated Grimlock would be able to defelct the blast with his sword? It's huge and made of energy so...

Wow. Chill. No one's saying 'OH NOES! TEH G1 IS TEH BESTEST!'

We're just stating (in a reasonable and intelligent non-insulting manner) about how we see and enjoy Grimlock as a character. That's not to say that we may not enjoy Animated Grimlock as there really isn't much to judge him on yet, but I have every right to say that Grimlock acting the way he did made me cringe a little. However, I'm not saying that I hate Animated Grimlock.

So, please, think before you start to get insulting.

Wow. See my response above.

Very well put. Thank you! :thumb 

You're welcome. :thumb