Grimlock orders will be cancelled if they do not receive stock by Aug. 20th

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rhodium1977, Jul 23, 2010.

1. leov36

leov36 Rubber Wheel'd UM

Instagram:
    I for one bought the takara mp grimlock like any other decent transformer fan would have done, so i dont have to go through all this bullshit
    But realy guys, remember about 7-8 months ago when mp skywarpcame out? And everyone was bitching they couldnt find one because of scalpers, then three months later skywarp is sitting all over the shelves for thirty bucks?
    Quit being a bunch of cry babies. You will all get your grimlocks

2. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    :rolleyes2  You do realize that not everyone lives near a TRU right? Takara's MP figures aren't exactly cheap either and most of us expected Grimlock to be a figure to be very likely to be released stateside. MP Skywarp did warm shelfs for quite some time but Starscream didn't. Grimlock will probably be easier to get in the long run than Starscream but I'm not sure I would call him the next MP Skywarp either.

3. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey yeah! And you can walk into any TRU in the country and get an Arcee...oh, wait, you can't.

Also, there are plenty of "decent" Transformers fans who don't spend >$100 a figure to import. :crazy: 

4. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Why did TRU jack up the price from 59.99 to 69.99? Are they trying to be like BBTS now?

5. Deathx360

News Credits:
    Well according to the press release TRU was going to open up orders on the 21st for those that couldn't make it to SDCC. Since the price for Grimlock at the Con was $70 they may have intended to sell the first wave at that price and a month later sell it for $60 or the other price they had up, $65. Of course we know they opened pre-orders up late Monday on the 19th for $60. Why it has changed so many times, who knows?

6. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    ^ But I'm curious. I thought that Grimlock wasn't an SDCC exclusive. Why did they wait to open up the orders for SDCC when he wasn't an exclusive, and Hasbro didn't even show him off in the slideshows for their SDCC Forums?

Toys 'R Us is very strange in how they've handled/handling this release. And to be honest, I think that someone should ask Hasbro PR about what the deal is since even though they have no control over the price, they have control over their product and it's release. Gouging people for 5-10 bucks per order is bait and switch, not supply and demand.

The other side to it is that I know that I have 2 TRU's in a 50 mile radius, but it's extremely hard to go racing from one to another just to find an exclusive figure. They don't have the store fronts necessary to really handle demand on things people want, and when they do stock, at least in our area, the employees are half hearted about it. Just frustrated, because this is not the first time I've had to deal with their exclusive nonsense. It almost makes it not worth it.

7. Deathx360

News Credits:
    It isn't a SDCC exclusive but they sold some through Entertainment Earth at $70 each at the Con as it's debut here in the states. They also stated that they would put up orders for some figures on the 21st so those that couldn't go to SDCC could order one and that they would be at retail in August.

Going to TRU can be a pain for me too as the nearest is about 100 miles away and the next one is about 130. I usually call a day before I would be about to go to see if they have an exclusive and ask for them to hold one for me. Usually it takes several calls as of course they usually don't have it when it is first sighted. If my order for Grimlock some how gets canceled I'll just do the same and hope they have one on the weekend as then is mainly when I have a chance to go.

8. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    ^ Thanks! That makes a bit more sense now. I hope that all of us are able to at least find one/buy one.

9. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I for one bought the Hasbro one that's less than half the price of the Takara version.. you know, like any $ conscious Transformer fan would've done.

10. leov36

leov36 Rubber Wheel'd UM

Instagram:
    Sarcasm doesnt translate well on an internet forum

11. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't buy the Tony one either. Why spend almost 2-3 times the price on something when you can use that money toward more Transformers. Now THAT is a Transformers fan. Quantity over speed.

Just trying to point out how insulting your statement sounded...

12. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Assuming you're not simply backpedaling, consider this a lesson learned. That's why smilies were invented!

Text lacks facial cues.

13. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    Another theory:

TRU.com may have sold through its own stock. The price hike may also have been due to "outsourcing." TRU.com have subcontracted some of their items through other dealers, which is why you can find original Kenner star wars toys or AFA graded stuff. The new price may be the "subcontracter"'s price. Strange for an exclusive but entirely possible.

On this issue in Star Wars collecting, see Adam Pawlus: Q&A: Post-SDCC Edition | Galactic Hunter

14. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So the ones that ordered on the first day that it became open on TRU might not get it at the 59.99 if they don't get stock in then. I have a friend that got me 1 on a first order but this kind of scares me. I had planned on getting that first order from him on when he gets it. Then ordering a second 1 later in the yr cause I am sure they will have plenty more hopefully.

15. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Has anyone seen anyone post that they bought one from the Entertainment Earth booth at the SDCC? I haven't, but could've missed it. I thought for sure we'd have some pictures and user reviews by now.

16. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    Glad to know that it wasn't a crappy financial situation and just being an undecent transformers fan that has kept me from owning Masterpiece Grimlock in either the Takara/Tomy and/or Hasbro release.

Thanks so much for clearing that up for me.

17. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I haven't gotten an email like the one described from TRU.

18. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    lol

Find me at BotCon next year and I'll buy you a beer.

19. rhapsodyred99

rhapsodyred99 Well-Known Member

being a decent Transforemrs fan, I bought the Takara one and had it before last years, botcon. Much in the same way that I have the Takara versions of Prime, Screamer, Skywarp and Thunder cracker.

That did not stop me from buying the US releases of the ones that came out here. I believe in supporting US masterpiece releasees, and can afford it so do. I mean this way I get one to display in bot mode right away, and a few years later, one to display in alt mode.

That being said I am sorry for all those that cant/wont buy the takara ones, so have to be at the whim of exclusives instead of general releases.

He probably wont sell as fast as screamer did, but I am betting he sells faster than skywarp.

20. TransSpawn

TransSpawn Well-Known Member

This sucks, I order on the 1st day they had the 'Backorder" up at 59.99, then got a somethings up with my order Email like most other people, Then they have the It up "in Stock" about 2 or 3 days later for 69.99. This can't be Legal. Are they just trying to get more money out of us because they can?