1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

Grimlock Help

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by galvatron1701, Feb 11, 2008.

1. galvatron1701

galvatron1701 cassette

Hi everyone, my first post here! Hello all! hehe

ok, I recently won a complete g1 Grimlock off ebay. It arrived today and I am slightly concerned it's a fake.

The overall condition of the figure is excellent, with practically no wear to the plastic or chrome. Some of the stickers are peeling or are a little rough at the edges. The three missiles which came with it are very, very shiny.

I compared it with the Grimlock I got for xmas in the early 90's (I think it was one of the classic series, released in the UK), and this left me in more of a quandery. So, can anyone here help me work out whether the one got from ebay is original or not? (I shall refer to it as Grimlock 1).

Grimlock 1 has two date stamps. On the left leg is Hasbro 1980-1984. On the right leg is Takara Japan 1980-1984. It also has a rub sign.

Grimlock 2 (which I think is a 90's classic) has on the left leg Hasbro inc. all rights reserved, made in china. The right leg has a blank square. It has no rub sign, and a peculiar little hole at the bottem front of the right foot. (Does not look like damage).

So there we are, is one a fake, calssic or original?

Many thanks to you for reading!

2. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My best advice for you is to check this site for more info on the specifics of your figure:
    http://www.geocities.com/futuristgroup/vdinobot.html
    Pretty much the most comprehensive variation and info site for TFs out there. I believe (without swearing to it) that it's possible for your toy to be real with both stampings. As for the chrome, I got a real one with no accessories about a month ago that has immaculate chrome still... and Grimmy has a chrome color variation, so def. read up on the link above. Some pics of your toy could help too.