grimlock as a villian in tf4?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by starscream 2005, Jul 18, 2011.

1. sideswipe88

sideswipe88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess i'll be the first to use this... :wtf: 

2. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FAIL! No way that would happen.

3. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    I think he have he always be a Dinosaur, have us ever seen Optimus's not a Truck? (except for Beast wars)

4. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    For the Alternators toyline he was a mustang GT and Robots in Disguise Grimlock was some contruction vehicle. Just saying that it's possible he doesn't have to be a dinosaur.

I'd rather see any version of him in the possible next film than no version at all(just not a villian).

5. hotrodreeves

hotrodreeves Well-Known Member

grimlock should start off as a military vehicle, but changes it to dinosaur in order to scare the shit out of his enemies. he'd scan this alt mode from some kind of 'jurrassic park' themepark with state of the art robotic dinosaurs for entertainment inside.

6. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Maybe as slight antagonists like in G1, but not as the main villain.
    Also, Prime was fire engine in RiD.

7. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    starscream 2005....this is NOT SHATTERED GLASS!!!!!

8. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Bad idea. Even having the Dinobots as Autobots would not be good idea. Dinobots only fit in an 80's cartoon.

9. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Grimlock fans would be pissed

10. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not in RID. He was a backhoe.

11. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

Well, maybe they could start as good guys, get wooed by Galvatron to serve him and thus his cause, then turn back when they see through his selfish, flawed logic.

That situation seems somewhat familiar too :p  ...

12. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

predacons are better anyway, just use them.

13. starscream 2005

starscream 2005 it's megatron, retreat!!!

thanks

thanks for all the post, i was just interested in what people would say, i guess the fandom rules in the autobots favor. grimlock is no deceti/bum....

p.s. i know this ant shatter glass, i am just thinking of ideas to talk about, don't jump down my throat.

and i would not have him switch sides like "Sen/prime" i would just have him on another ship to earth during the war. working for the decepticons under megs, even use a back story like in meg origins where they were all fighter and grimlock was bested by megs and their for had to pick a side and he pick decepticons. they arrive on earth and scan dino's but becuz their was no pretender shells for skin back then. they would be Metal DINOsssssssss. come on? one one likes that a little bit???

14. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

sounds interesting.

Only if he becomes "good" at the end; the Dinobots are done right (meaning they are present); good oppurtunity for some more Shockwave in flashback/prequel scenes

Does sound interesting though

Edit: Dont trip off all the people shooting you down, they obviously dont know too much about Grimlock/Optimus history.

15. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

This

16. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I'd like a movie with Grimlock [and perhaps the other Dinobots] as The Dragon to the villain, to in the end backstab him and turn good, that would be very entertaining to see [and Heartwarming].

I imagine something like:

"Finish them, Grimlock."

Grimlock - "Uh..."

Optimus - "Think about what you're doing, Grimlock!"

"KILLL THAAAEAAM!"

*Grimlock turns around launches the guy flying backwards with one punch*

"Me Grimlock Autobot, ME Grimlock not serving you anymore! Me Grimlock..SMASH!"

*Optimus + Grimlock VS The Bad guy ensues*

Now THAT would be awesome, principally when you imagine all of this on the IML Aesthetic.

17. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

Kind of like in G1 ;) 

18. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Sort of, But I'd prefer him being literally created by Decepticons TO BE a Decepticon and serving the Decepticons out of free-will, but then changing sides after realizing he didn't like being a chaotic evil thug, that the Autobots are nice guys, and that humanity is innocent.

Something like "The Iron Giant" but with Transformers.

19. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'm actually okay with this idea. Not to have the Dinobots as true villains, but totally the protagonists. No killing of humans (at least not on purpose) but disdain and complete disregard for humans would be fine.

I think a plot with the Lightning Strike Coalition being a team Sentinel trained as a purely military group that went renegade, so he formed a second team made up of military and civilians like we saw in the Foundation series thinking it would be less volatile. The L.S.C. show up on Earth tracking a bounty, and when they find out the Cybertronians have settled here, Grimlock does not recognize Optimus as the leader of the Autobots, and feels Sentinel would have seen that he would have been the best choice to lead the people.

Have the same group as we saw in the WW series, but swap out Ironhide and Wheeljack with Swindle and Lockdown. Have the movie finish with all the L.S.C. joining Optimus other then the five Dynobots and Swindle and Lockdown. Swindle and Lockdown look like they got blown up, and the five Dynobots get shot with some beam the automatically puts them into stasis lock.

We then get a voiceover from Prime and two post credit shots, one of the five Dynobots in stasis being put into the same vault that held the spacebridge control rods in DotM, and one of Swindle and Lockdown wandering through a cave system underneath whatever city the final battle is in. Lockdown says, "What are we going to do now?" and Swindle goes "Don't worry, I've always got something up my arm panel." and shows a hologram out of his eye of an asteroid field with a dilapidated Unicron floating offline in it, and then cut to the credits.

That would lay the groundwork for movies 5 and 6 being about Unicron coming back online, rebuilding Megatron into Galvatron, the Dynobots being brought back online to help fight and reformatting into the Dinobots, and somehow tying Unicron into the origin of the AllSpark.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Oh Yes because a dinosaur bot with a caveman's intelligence is the perfect choice to be the bad guy.

Well he's still smarter than the Fallen.