Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by bumblebot98, Apr 8, 2010.
Hot damn! I so expect to see those soon! I went to theaters today and i saw no GL promo yet.
Who's Robo-Lantern in the film? You know the one next to Sinestro in the poster.
Stel - Green Lantern Wiki - DC Comics - Green Lantern Corps
LOVE that poster.
has anyone spotted the figures in stores yet? i heard they are due out on Sunday, but i figure some stores already have them out.
^Haven't seen them in my area yet, but I'm looking forward to Sunday.
That poster is epic.
Check out the thread for them in the Toyark forum: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/toyark/335689-1st-green-lantern-movie-toy-listings.html
how are the articulations of the 6" figs? i absolutely HATE the rotory articulation of the elbows and knees of the G'Hu i have from the GLClassics 2 set.
^ Very good. Lots of universal joints.
But I don't want to bog the movie thread down with toy talk.
YouTube - Green Lantern - TV Spot #3
YouTube - Green Lantern - TV Spot #4
Some new tidbits and spoilers from the movie
Highlight to read.
* The Star Sapphire crystal will appear.
* There's a reference to "the prophecy" in the Book of Oa. Probably refering to the war between the Green Lantern Corps and the Sinestro Corps.
* The ring speaks. When Hal first uses it, it says "Voice signature identified. Willpower registed. Ring online."
* Kilowog's power ring makes a cannon-like "BOOM" sound, like in the comic books.
* Hal's constructs include a gattling gun, a giant green hand, a dune buggy, an anti-aircraft gun, a F-18 jet, a sword, giant pulleys and much more.
* Sinestro's trademark weapon is a double-edged Korugarian spear. He also makes a construct of Kilowog at one point.
* The Guardians live in high towers near the Great Hall of Oa. Krona's tower is slightly toppled as a sign of his corruption at Parallax's hands.
* During a battle scene, Hal's and Sinestro's power ring run out of energy, and Sinestro tells Hal to summon his battery from the pocket dimension. Hal says he doesn't know how to do it, and Sinestro asks him if Kilowog never taught him that. Hal says no and Sinestro gruffs before him and Hal unite their rings, opening a small wormhole from where Sinestro pulls his battery. Him and Hal both recharge on it. This is taken almost word-by-word from Geoff Johns' "Secret Origin."
* During the final battle, Parallax tries to possess Hal, but fails. In the process, Hal has a vision of the future, where Coast City has been destroyed and he is the one to blame.
* Hector Hammond tries to steal Hal Jordan's power ring, believing that it can cure his mutation, just as Parallax arrives. It consumes Hammond and tries to use the ring's energy, but fails and then tries to use Hal as a weapon to tap into the nearly unlimited powers of the Green Light of Willpower.
^ so.awesome!! this and DOTM are my two most wanted movies this year. cant wait to see it
YouTube - Green Lantern Trailer 2 (2011) HD
Well, it's quite clear that they should never, ever have released that first trailer. the movie has clearly come a lot further since then. the 10 minute footage and the new trailer have completely turned me around on the movie and now I plan on seeing it upon release.
Looks fantastic. Kilowog was awesome, Michael Clarke Duncan was a great choice of voice actor. And Sinestro was casted PERFECTLY. Ryan really does look like Hal in this shot.
So happy to hear Michael Clarke Duncan as Kilowog. Another piece of perfect casting (after Mark Strong as Sinestro).
All right we got a new X-Me:FC trailer, TF3 triler and now a new GL trailer. I hope another Captain America trailer's not too far behind or else it land up like Incredible Hulk financially wise.
Hmmmm, I may just change my mind and decide to see this. If nothing else it at least looks better than X-men First Class.
I rank the comic book films coming out this summer like this
2. Captain America
3. Green Lantern
4. X-Men: First Class
Separate names with a comma.