Green Lantern (2011) Thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by bumblebot98, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Parallax has to take him over for the cape and the armor. But then he goes nuts and goes on a mass killing spree.

[​IMG]

2. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i think someone's trying just a LITTLE too hard to re-invent the suit "HOLLYWOOD" style

3. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Eh I can deal with sock feet. Still looks like a dam cool costume overall. And honestly I'm not gonna be looking at his feet when he's wielding enerdy weapons and flying around the universe policing the galaxy. Thats that last thing i would look at actually. The colors also look perfect with that nice little tendon look to them. I like it. :) 

4. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. RebelMan

News Credits:
  6. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  7. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    The movie is only two months away. We got our first TV spots for Thor back in early March.

8. RebelMan

News Credits:
    i caught it while channel surfing landed on ABC right after Wipe Out went to commercial & there it was in all it's green glory

9. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Biz battles crunch on tentpole vfx - Entertainment News, Film News, Media - Variety

The effects budget for Green Lantern just went up $9 million.

It's crazy how "down to the wire" the production on a lot of these big films becomes. That's what you get when you set a release date before getting anything started!

As cool as it would be to work on a huge blockbuster movie as a visual effects artist, I would really miss weekends, evenings, and sleep.

EDIT - forgot about the two new posters too
    http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/green-lantern-movie-poster-sinestro-01.jpg
    http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/green-lantern-movie-poster-kilowog-01.jpg

10. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

There's a lot riding on this movie for DC and WB.. they need franchises aside from Superman and Batman to be successful. With rights to Supe going back to the creators' estate soon the time to release more DC characters on the big and/or small screen is now. I'm very interested to see how well the audience receive GL at the BO. If it's a megahit expect movies for Flash, Green Arrow. Wonder Woman, and slew of others greenlighted quickly, not to mention The Justice League. If it fails well we may still see those movies being released but it won't be anytime soon.

11. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Yes, but they only get the rights to Action comics #1, all the other stuff was work for hire and much of it wasn't done by the original creators.

So no Jimmy, Daily Planet,Supergirl, the Kents(at least not using the the names Martha and John), Krypto, The modern S shield, Kryptonite(created for the radio show), Flying,Heat Vision,Lex Luthor, Super Breath, x-ray vision, And all sorts of other things, that other writers and artists created.

So many aspects of the modern Superman was created by DC later and they are also trademarked. So more than likely they will either just get a bigger paycheck like the Wonder Woman rights holders, or Warner Brother will just try to buy them out. Either way they would have a hard time publishing superman on their own. All superman would be able to do is jump tall buildings, have super strength, and he'd have to be shown in the original costume. If they used the modern shield or the wrong belt DC could sue them.(and win) Don't expect DC to lose Superman, it'll just come down to money which is all the creators families care about anyway. DC has to many non Action Comic #1 trade marks related to Superman.

12. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

Well, the estates can still try to take Superman to another comic publisher, who will probably won't mind adding Superman to their lineup, even if he can only leap tall buildings. All the publicity surrounding it will likely to generate sales.

13. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Won't happen too many legal issues. It would cost them more for lawyers, and in the end all that would happen is DC would file an injunction to keep it from being published. Plus DC has been paying them for years already, they would break those contracts if they tried to take the property somewhere else. All this means is anytime DC does something with superman, they get more money. So if a movie does well, they get a bigger percentage of the profits.

14. RebelMan

News Credits:
  15. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Since i am in this thread i gotta ask:

About few weeks ago, almost a month now, a few dvd stores had on display a cover of a Green Lantern DVd bootle. Now, i dont wanna jump to conclusions or anything but Green Lantern got leaked somehow, like it happened with Batman-The Dark Knight or they were just teasing their clients and trying to sell cat for rabbit or whatever the epression is? :p 
    I didnt even bother in buying the damn thing, i dont wanna spend money and then find out that it was the animated movie. But i did ask and the salesmen did say it was the movie. o_O 

16. RebelMan

News Credits:
    it was probably the direct-to-Blu-ray/DVD of the upcoming animated "Green Lantern: Emerald Knights"

17. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    No it was probably one of his appearances in one of the cartoon versions.

18. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

19. MegatronSupporter

MegatronSupporter Well-Known Member

20. MegatronSupporter

MegatronSupporter Well-Known Member