Green Lantern (2011) Thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by bumblebot98, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I noticed that too on the big screen.

2. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Watched it again, and I don't think there's so much a problem with the film as there is a problem with the editing of the trailer.

3. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Okay, but that pretty much goes against everything that is Hal's character. Frankly though, I can't get the use of "realistic" to justify movie changes.

Though if anything, the movie is using the 70/80s Hal that was WAY less self-confident than the 60s/modern version of the character.

4. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Reynolds just wasnt right for thev part of Hal...what ever era they chose to use.

5. Falconhood

Falconhood Harbinger of Apokalypse

the actor they chose reminds me of that taller guy in "Two Guys, A Girl, and A Pizza Parlor"

6. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Ummm..thats because its the same guy.

7. Falconhood

wow! really?! he looks older.

8. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Thats to be expected.

Its been just about over 10 years since he was on that show.

9. Falconhood

i know, but i don't have the actor-recognition gene. My son got it from his mom, because he's always asking me "Remember that movie with so-and-so in it?"...you'd think after 20 years he'd realize that my answer is always NO.

10. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Thats kind of funny.

No insult intended.

11. Falconhood

he can also quote any movie he's seen. it's freaky/trippy. and he recalls random quotes all the time.
    It reminds me of the scenes on Encino Man where the caveman can't speak english, but can speak perfect spanish...in PHRASES he heard on that learning tape in class.

12. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

heh

13. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

The image apparently comes from an upcoming issue of the "Green Lantern" comic, much like the new photo we got of Hector Hammond in "Green Lantern #59." We're not sure how this image got out so early considering issues #60 and 61 won't hit stores until December (if this image is indeed in one of those). The character is described as follows:

An ancient horror, Parallax the living embodiment of fear, a demonic parasitic entity which would travel from world to world, causing entire societies to destroy themselves out of fear and paranoia. It is known to ravage planets and strike terror into the hearts of even the Guardians of the Universe.

14. Rodimal Magnus

Rodimal Magnus A Touch of Destiny

I also get the Kyle vibe out of this, but I think that's just Ryan Renolds acting as much as anything. However if you look back, Hal was very much the brash, smart ass, jackass at the beginning of his calling as a Green Lantern. As we're seeing him now in the comics is the mature version of the character.

out

15. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Parallax looks decent. It doesn't strike me with any fear, but neither does the comic version. I look forward to seeing how he'll look on screen.

16. RebelMan

News Credits:
    The movie's final battle begins in Coast City, with Hector Hammond, fully mutated by the yellow light of fear, attacking Ferris Aircraft and programming a series of remote-controlled jets called "Sabres" to destroy Coast City. Hector takes Carol Ferris hostage as a way to draw Hal Jordan out and force Hal to give him the Lantern Ring. After Hal saves Coast City from the "Sabres", he fights Hector at the Ferris Aircraft Hangar.

Their battle is interrupted by Parallax, who arrives at Earth to feed on Hector, who Parrallax has been using for it's energy. Parallax rips Hector's soul apart, turning him into a charred skeleton, and starts feeding on the fear of Coast City's citizens. Hal and Carol in a fighter jet attempt to stop Parrallax, but the battle is one-sided, favoring Parallax.

Just as all hope seems lost, Sinestro appears leading a team of Green Lanterns that includes Kilowog and Tomar-Re and who had been hunting down Parallax for the murder of Abin Sur and countless other Green Lanterns. Parallax is held back, but it becomes clear that there's no way that they can fight him without harming civilians.

Hal tells Sinestro and the other Green Lanterns to return to Oa and gather as many Green Lanterns as they can. Hal then turns Parallax attentions to him and forces Parallax to chase him all the way to Oa, where the entire Green Lantern Corps is waiting.

Parallax fights all 3,600 Green Lanterns, slaughtering many of them, but is ultimately overpowered. As a saving throw, Parrallax attempts to posses Hal's body, using his fear over the death of his father, Martin Jordan to break his will. However, Hal manages to overcome his fears and casts Parallax out of his body with the sheer power of his will. Parallax is then imprisioned by the Guardians of the Universe and Hal, having defeated the embodiment of fear, is praised as the greatest of all Green Lanterns. However, it is implied that, maybe, a little piece of Parallax might have been left behind, buried deep within Hal's mind. And, as Hector has showed, a little piece is enough to ravage a world like cancer.

17. RebelMan

News Credits:
    let's hope this is what it will look like when Sinestro goes Villain

Attached Files:

18. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like a few more differences in a Sinestro Corps. uniform than just a stright repaint, though what you did is a good start.

19. RebelMan

News Credits:
    100% agreed

not my work, just ran across it & thought i would share.

20. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    The trailer was not very wowing on the big screen.

Green Hornet got a better reaction from the crowd and that looks horrible.