GreatToysOnline.com Philippine TOYCON2013 Exclusive CASETTE-01GTO Rhinohorn Evil Ver.

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by yuujin-mikeru, Apr 28, 2013.

1. yuujin-mikeru

yuujin-mikeru What's a Tu-Ran-Su-Fo-Ma?

News Credits:
    Keiths Fantasy Club CASETTE-01GTO Rhinohorn Evil Version is a clear pink version of the CST-01 Rhinohorn and will come with a clear pink energon cube that's compatible with MP-13 Masterpiece Soundwave. It will be sold for Php 980 (approximately $22) exclusive to GreatToysOnline.com and limited to 500 pieces; 400 pieces will be sold at the Philippine ToyCon 2013 GreatToysOnline.com booth and the remaining 100 will divided among the main GreatToysOnline.com brick and mortar stores. Philippine TOYCON 2013 will be on June 14-16, 2013 at the SM Megatrade Halls, SM Megamall, Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila, Philippines. This version of the toy will not be made available anywhere else.

~This was a huge surprise for me because we rarely get exclusives at our toy conventions here in the Philippines. Kudos to GreatToysOnline.com for pulling this off. I know GreatToysOnline.com ships Internationally but I don't know of they'll offer this on their website.

Original announcement by GreatToysOnline.com: Philippine Toycon 2013 | Facebook

[​IMG]

2. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is that different from the Energon Evil Version or the same but with an energon cube?

3. thielmj

thielmj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pink in stead of purple, basically its the same color difference as the Dr wu energon cubes.

4. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry, my screen has always had bad color. I guess they are different:

Purple:
    [​IMG]

Pink:
    [​IMG]

So it's 500 pieces, 400 of which are limited to a toy convention in the Philippines? Must be a big toy convention there.

So besides the original Eagle's TF one, there are now FIVE color variants produced by KFC, red/gold (G1), red/silver (Aces Toy Store), blue/silver (SG), translucent purple and now translucent pink (GTO).

What other color variants could we see out there? Predacon colors maybe?

5. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    kfc certainly knows how to milk the mold.

6. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't have a problem with different colors of the same small toy at the same time . It just gives the consumer more choice. I can pick the color I like and ignore the rest easily. KFC should be commended for giving us choices. Wouldn't it be nice if Hasbro would just release EVERY Bumblebee repaint for a line at one time on their online store, and you just ordered the one you wanted?

Since there is actual fiction for the characters coming from KFC's facebook page, I have to wonder if these color variants will be explained. Will Rhinohorn get contaminated with dark energon and become a menace?

7. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just saw final pictures of the pink energon version, looks a lot more distinctive from the purple one now...

[​IMG]

8. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks.....looks.....like a KO :s

Something about it looks off somewhere....

9. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I found a little more about this pink version. It's on ebay now, and the seller is accepting "best offers". I got one myself for less than anyone is selling the other color variants.

It also seems to ship in the box for the Justice version, with a sticker added and numbered 1 to 500, but otherwise its packaged like the Justice Version. So I guess this makes it a variant of the Justice version, not the Evil Energon version.

Ramhorn Rhinohorn Le 500 Pcs Energon Pink CST 01J Greattoys GTO Exclusive KFC | eBay

10. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    im already sick of this mold... great toy but do we really need 30 colors or Ramhorn?

11. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    By 30 colors, you mean 4? Red, blue, clear purple and clear pink. That's it. Were you imagining more? I honestly was hoping for a Black Redeco Clan and Predacon version too.

12. Backstop

News Credits:
    I was being sarcastic :)  but serious these colors really don't make sense, Do they?

13. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, red and blue are given because those are the colors Hasbro released the Ramhorn toy in.

Clear purple is evil energon, making a reference to the TFPrime Terrorcons, and the pink one was a very short run convention exclusive done to match Masterpiece Soundwave's energon cube.

14. Backstop

News Credits:
    love the toy but still think its overkill on colors or maybe cause so many so fast.

15. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I prefer to think of it as giving me choices. I can buy one, but I can pick my color. Would you complain if a clothing store offered a shirt you like in 4 different colors?

16. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got my pink Rhinohorn this weekend. This ebay sale seems to be the cheapest way of getting it, and you get a free energon cube. The packaging and inserts are the indeed from the Justice Version, with an added sticker on the front of the box saying it's the GTO version of the toy. Very fun.

17. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Five if you count the silver on red exclusive.

18. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't, it's just another red one with slightly different details. Rhinohorn is available in 4 colors (red, blue, pink purple), the red has the option of gold or silver weapons, just like G1.

19. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If by "Predacon" version you mean a Ramhorn-as-Headtrong deco, then, I agree 100% that is a variant I'd snag for sure!

20. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here is my pink Energon Rhinohorn, with outline faction symbol from Reprolabels.

[​IMG]