Greatest 80s Cover Ever

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Optimus1986, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Sweet - I'd love to see it bro!
    I do want to take photos of my vinyl collection as it goes, for insurance purposes. Imagine damn near vinyl collections of Depeche Mode, New Order & Erasure; as well as a large amount of Nine Inch Nails, Sheep On Drugs, Nitzer Ebb and various other electronic bands. Not to mention original vinyls of Kraftwerk's Trans-Europe Express, Electric Cafe & Autobahn. Oh, and originals of Joy Division's Closer, Atmosphere, & Transmission, and a jukebox 7" of Love Will Tear Us Apart.
    Oh, did I mention the unopened vinyl of Vienna by Ultravox? ;) 
    Yes. There were 2 12" singles, both of which I have. As with pretty much every other 80s New Order record, the sleeve has no writing on the front.
    I'll get you a tracklisting when I get home & IM it to you. The B-side, 1963:) , is effortlessly one of new Order's finest moments IMO.
    One of these days I intend to do an evil electronic cover of Wired For Sound. Just for the hell of it.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  2. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    A band I was in planned to cover that, but we never got around to it. :( 

3. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I don't know if it's the best cover (I'm not really into that scene, not against it though.) but it's definitely a great sound they've put on it. Now I'm conflicted as to which one's the better version of the two...