Great News! CN is actually ADVERTISING Cyberverse!

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Lovecraft, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

So I was taking a trip down memory lane, watching some old CN TV movies on Spectrum Cable on Demand. Ed, Edd, and Eddy's Big Picture Show, Billy and Mandy's Big Boogie Adventure, KND Operation Zero. Ed, Edd, and Eddy held up really good in particular. Sue me.

Anyway, I was watching these different things and then a commercial came on with the Ultra Class Bumblebee in a crude stop motion video reenacting the "who was that guy" scene from Cyberverse episode 3, then it transitioned into a couple clips from the show and said "don't forget to catch Transformers: Cyberverse, now available on the Cartoon Network app!" then it showed a smattering of Cyberverse toys and said "and check out the Transformers: Cyberverse toys by Hasbro!"

Or something along those lines. There was another one too following the same format except with Ultra Grimlock instead of Bumblebee.

These were probably a collaboration between CN and Hasbro, but the commercials followed the general Cartoon Network format and had that one guy narrating it who narrates pretty much all of the other Cartoon Network ads that I see.

A positive sign?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still on the death slot.
    Still doomed.

3. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

Well, at that slot with streaming options and zero advertising RID outsold toy sale expectations and the show did have a presence among kids. Working at ToysRUs in Xmas 16 and Xmas 17 I met kids and parents who had been keeping with the show and were into it.

Since Cyberverse seems to have a more sophisticated story and is being advertised, it should be able to secure a viewership. However, the toys for Cyberverse are a huge step down.

If I bought my son an RID Warrior Class Bumblebee or Starscream last year and paid the same money for the new ones this year, I'd be offended.

4. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How doomed are we speaking?

Because RID had zero advertising and managed a longer episode count than like, 4 shows that had good time slots and that were airing in much more kind days to the oty market.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

Well it helped that RID was really really good. despite what a handful of bitter adults on here have to say, RID in animation and toys were Hasbro's best connection with kids of their families since idek know when, sans rescue bots ofc.

I've also got a feeling if all the "I watched one episode and gave up on it!" sourpussies kept pushing they'd find both RID and Cyberverse to be much better than they say.

Hell, BEAST WARS has a relatively shitty pilot. Just the first episode of Beast Machines makes zero sense without what comes later. What show has ever hit its stride on day one? Besides Animated which started and stayed good, and Prime that peaked during its pilot. Cybertron is actually really good but sucks for like 15 whole episodes.

I implore ANYONE who didn't buy the first two episodes of Cyberverse to watch 3 and 4. You might change your mind.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    a "death slot" is an archaic notion that doesn't really matter anymore. hell cartoon network is giving away the show on their app without needing to pay for cable

7. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Oh, hey. Cyberverse is finally up? Maybe I'll look for it (online because I'm not a god damn caveman and waiting for it to show on TV).

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    its been up on cartoon networks website since 8/27/18

9. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Yeah but it's been so forgettable to me so far that I only found out it's aired after a google search to see when that would happen, just like when a new movie comes out.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Tougher than Leather.

I am betting 20 dollars it'll be on boomerang in it's second season.
    I like teen titans go, but I'll admit the schedule needs more variety.