Gravity Builder Knockoff

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jan 2, 2017.

?

Are you interested in a cheap Gravity Builder?

1. Yes

59.9%
  2. Maybe

19.0%
  3. No

21.2%
  1. bacems

bacems Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    .....oh
    20200821_193615.jpg

So all this time i've been prying the wrong part, that's why it didn't budge at all. This one didn't even need tools. Thanks for thw input!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

News Credits:
    Sama Sama. Yeah, that the one, like mine. You planning on painting him?

• Like Like x 1
  3. bacems

bacems Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I planning on tightening his hip joints.

4. swz

swz Active Member

Has the NBK gone down in price or something? On aliexpress sellers have the set for around $50 and individual bots for around $11-12 I thought it was around $80. Kinda tempted to get a clear set just cause its weird and different. Anyone have experience with the clear? how is it plastic quality wise?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stykthyn

Stykthyn Well-Known Member

I paid 60 shipped a few months ago

• Like Like x 1
  6. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

I've received my JJ Gravity Builder few days ago ,for his G2 colors that are similar to Diaclone, and I've already also 3 NBK Constructicons.
    I've combined him with care and a little of fear despite is cheap but at the end everything went well ,nothing broken,and is huge :)  ! And headsculpt is better than my TFC Hercules! Is very floppy,true true,but I' ve placed him against a wall so appears very stable and installing limbs on combiner was very easy.
    Honestly,for poses surely,NBK wins, althouh I don't have one complete, but I transformed all vehicles in combiner without no damage,and stands well.

If after some months in this mode,his arms ,posed also on wall ,and legs,are all still strong and no collapse,would mean is a perfect purchase,for my tastes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind a Daban G2 Yellow set if such a thing was ever released - unless they got raided again or are busy making other things.
    I's be happy to make do with the oversize in yellow though too - if again such a thing was ever made.

Not that I don't have more than enough Devastators already ( actually There is easily another dozen or more I could get if I was that obsessed)

8. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

News Credits:
    Yes there is. Been out since the beginning of this year.

Comes with drills hands and individual melee weapons.

9. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah so there is - I must have been doing something else and not notices that at the time it came out. Cool I'll add that to my "to buy" list.

10. Bips

Bips Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there a hip ratchet upgrade or shapeways piece for the daban model devastator? I'd say the lack of ratchet on the hips of long haul really bring this figure down in combined down.

I've managed to open mine and just applied some future to it, but if there was a ratchet piece available, it would be near perfect.

20200903_114814.jpg

11. Operative294

Operative294 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TransFans
    Here's another even more simplified Gravity builder ko.
    FB_IMG_1601012694309.jpg FB_IMG_1601012691760.jpg FB_IMG_1601012689357.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. Bakarina

Bakarina Unapologetic Megatron Fangirl

Hi there I'm new.

I only ever got two parts of the original devastator and could only dream of having the full set. All these years later I hoped we might get an Earthrise Devastator but it looks like they're moving onto Beast Wars now. So now I'm looking at 3rd party and 4th party versions. Can anyone tell me which ones are worth getting and what issues they have?

• Like Like x 1
  13. The Analog Ninja

The Analog Ninja Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

Here's my unboxing of Daban Model 9914 (aka the yellow one with the accessories)

• Like Like x 1
  14. The Analog Ninja

The Analog Ninja Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    • Like Like x 1
  15. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    i wish they had released a box set of the original green version. i would have picked that up by now. :( 

16. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Could still happen

• Like Like x 1
  17. TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    i don't think that's likely as it's been out for sometime now and the green singles and the yellow set don't seem to be carried by too many retailers. i doubt daban is going to produce any more of these figures if they're not in demand.

for the price, i think in general most ppl are going for the Jinbao OSKO version instead, or one of the cheaper simplified KOs.

also i'm already two figures in for the single green set. just bidding my time hoping to collect the rest on the cheap if possible. if not i'm somewhat indifferent now, as i have my sights on getting the master made one instead that's coming out soon.

18. Soundwave27

Soundwave27 Decepticon

News Credits:
    IMG_1161.JPG
    IMG_1178.JPG IMG_1177.JPG IMG_1097.JPG IMG_0939.JPG

My first choice was the Daban Model Devastator. Their products were cheap, also replicating Gravity Builder accurately. I was very satisfied at first. I've got this great Devastator for less than a half price of GT.

But Daban's plastic quality doesn't fit the complex structure of Gravity Builder. And every time I did Transformation, one or two broken parts appeared. Eventually, the individual robots all had broken parts, and my Daban Devastator was only able to combine mode.

IMG_2011.JPG
    IMG_2044.JPG IMG_2050.JPG IMG_2017.JPG IMG_1990.JPG IMG_1941.JPG

My second choice was the NBK Devastator. Their Devy is a much cheaper version of Gravity Builder replication compared to Daban. The plastic quality is worse than Daban and the complex structure is simplified. However, the simplified structure reduced the risk of breakage. It's also easier to play compared to complex GT Gravity Builder.

Of course, stability is not as good as GT Gravity Builder because the structure is simplified and some joints are loose. However, dynamic poses are not limited. There are also enhancements to the NBK Devy. The overall style has also been modified to bring the style closer to the CHUG style. Unlike GT, which is hard to transform without tools, NBK is considerate to handle with bare hands.

IMG_2026.JPG
    IMG_2035.JPG IMG_2036.JPG

The internal structure of NBK and GT(Daban) has changed considerably. The arms can swap each other, but the upper body is incompletely swapped. It seems necessary to modify the Port to swap the leg.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Fudge! I was going to reply..."are you sure Gravity Builder and not Devestator?" But no, that's GB...I didn't think you could get worst than Jinjiang's...but there it is.

• Like Like x 1
  20. TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    @secondroms may i ask what parts did you break on the Daban figures? i've collected two so far and they've been pretty solid for me and i don't have any worries about anything breaking on them. i would love to collect the remaining figures but sadly not sure if i can afford the shelf space to do so. :(