Gravity Builder Knockoff

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jan 2, 2017.

?

Are you interested in a cheap Gravity Builder?

1. Yes

59.9%
  2. Maybe

19.0%
  3. No

21.2%
  1. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i was so hoping this was about the tt hongli 1 of 1 kos

2. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros Well-Known Member

They're a step down from NBK Devy. I have the JJ Hook that I got for the better combiner head placement, the hook head with an actual mouth, and to replace the cluster-fuck that is the front end of the truck on NBK's version. The posability sucks as the feet don't tilt, joints are mostly simplified, and the crane is a solid molded piece with no movement except for the hook on the end and the base lift; at least NBK kept the extension and the pistons intact. The details are smoothed over and not as well cast. I am currently taking parts from him (head, combiner head, shin sections) and amalgamating them with the NBK base bot. Seriously, the folks complaining about how simplified NBK is over GT should check these guys out—you honestly have no idea what simplified actually means until you do.

The only plus I can give it is that the plastic is solid and feels more rugged than NBK. To be fair, a Tonka truck feels more solid than my MP-13, so that doesn't necessarily equate to "better". It's simple but feels like a kid could throw it at a wall for a couple of days before anything fell off.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    thanks for the rundown, i tossed the hook i bought so was running purely off of months old memory

4. Thingfromthevoid

Thingfromthevoid Yammed, Spammed, and Cheesed off

Inside Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head
    Thanks for the full info on them! I did think they looked a bit on the crap side :p 

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Happenin Rhinoceros

Outside of the parts I scavenged for the NBK bot, the remains of him sit in a bag, getting chopped up or raided whenever I need posts, panels, or screws for a custom job, lol

• Like Like x 2
  6. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jin Jiang also exists in green some people have used them to improve or alter the NBK one's such as giving Scrapper better legs.
    The Combiner gun is also worth having.

I'm not sure if the magenta on the orange and on the green is the same shade tough and if it matches well.

The more hardcore customisation is to buy a Yellow set of NBK and a green set and juggle pieces around. giving the green set the better purple & Blue windows.

I would really appreciate a quick fit replacement crotch support for the NBK so that the whole thing wasn't just supported on a small pistol as it currently is.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BigFanboi

BigFanboi Member

Ebay:
    Does anyone know if jinbao''s torso on their oversized devy would kit bash with the nbk devy to make him taller?

8. The Happenin Rhinoceros

I doubt there would be much compatibility there; the size disparity is too great, I'd think. The GT upgrade kit is likely the only route for increasing the NBK height.

• Like Like x 1
  9. eliot

eliot Well-Known Member

I prefer the jj set over the nbk. I got both g1 and g2 colors of it. Didnt bother getting yellow nbk.

The leg transformation on bone rusher and scavenger is simplified, but works really well and I think I prefer the engineering of that.
    The combined devy crotch engineering is a hell of alot better.
    Paint is clean. Plastic is good.
    Some loose joints (back heavy when combined, cannot free stand. But hasbro cw stuff was worse)
    Size wise it's alot of bot for your money. They feel good and substantial, not lkke potp trash.
    They're chunky. And alot of the sculpt detail is retained, the mold isn't that softened.
    And I wouldn't call them that simplified. Alot of the engineering on them we wouldn't see on a hasbro deluxe, that costs more.

I can't fault nbk or jj. They're excellent pieces for a idw devy. Titan class hasbro devy is shit.

Jj is more stable combined mode. (my nbk will not lock the gun in place at the back of the combined crotch mode)

Nbk has alittle more 'true to gravity builder' engineering.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thingfromthevoid

I like my NBK Devvy, despite all the bad reviews. It's not as poorly made as people make out... it's been stood for 9 months in combined mode, moved a few times, never fallen over or fallen apart!
    I think I'll pass on the JJ one :p 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rodann

Rodann Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I had to add plastic pieces inside the crotch, to keep JJ Devy from falling over. The thighs are very poor (and small) friction joints instead of ratchets, which is a terrible decision.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ultra Magnus Combiner

Ultra Magnus Combiner Well-Known Member

I got rid of the pair of JJ constructicons since some of the robots didn't have waist articulation. I do think their yellow was a better shade than they nbk yellow ver. which is why I first bought the 2 JJ figures.

I read and heard from two people that the yellow and clear version of NBK is better than the green one in terms of stability (long haul) is that true? And how much better? What is different on Hauler?
    Also are the combined arms better than green version (crane's combiner port)? I ask since the green NBK can't support the arms weight on mine if they're moved upward towards the shoulder.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thingfromthevoid

Are you using the ratchet joint in the shoulders as opposed to the joint inside the limb?

14. Ultra Magnus Combiner

The joints inside the limbs work for pivoting the arm outward to the side. However, the problem I'm still having is when you try to lift the arm upward in a reaching motion like getting a can off a shelf to your left side. Unless you sit the limb on top of crane that arm is going to fall right back down. Already tried floor polish on those shoulder joints.

15. Ultra Magnus Combiner

I opened up my long haul legs to see if I can do something to improve its stability. This thing doesn't have a traditional ratchet gear. It's just a tiny plastic on the outside of the leg clicking in between the rough out sections. Anyhow, I applied floor polish to it and going to let it sit for a while. Also added floor polish to the addon thigh extender's top end connection port.
    Also applied polish to the ankle rockers, and shoulders of the leg figures. For scrapper double check your connected arms in the back are tight. Plus, also make sure scrappers weapon is plugged into the hole in the waist. Even though I had the weapon in the figure the handle of the weapon wasn't in the waist, so plugging that in I think will make a difference once I reassemble the combiner I also tighten random screws I can find on the figure as a whole. I finally got around to putting the one drill on the arm which requires you take the hand off. Anyhow, the that plug on the inside part of the drill itself and into the drill holder part is really small and that drill shell falls off very easily. What type of batteries does the head, the drills, and chest plate take? How many for the head and how many for the two drills together, and also how many for the chest plate?

I'm reluctant to install the head since it sounds like it its involved and I want to be able to use NBK Crane in both combined mode and in alt mode.

I also added polish to the shoulder double joints. I also rotated those longhauls grill pieces out not sure why they have them but saw it in a review.

Can any Clear NBK or Yellow NBK owners confirm what's better specifically on that version compare to the green version?

16. Kung Fu Roo

Kung Fu Roo Well-Known Member

i dont speak Portuguese or Spanish, but the video below helped answer some questions i had about the gt addon kit. i kept debating on upgrading to jinbao but finally was content with dev at this scale, cause i love my nbk (still needs painted). i even ordered the yellow version. now this throws possible wrinkles into my display design. i planned on having g1 green on the left corner of the desk and the g2 yellow on the opposite corner with some repaints of a few figures. now i might have to order the damn clear one for the left corner and move a gt addon nbk to a shelf on the wall. it sucks when space is limited. i know, 1st world problems

BTW, every bot in that shot is a ko :)  I take pride in that. the g1 dvds SW is on are legit though

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  17. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

I got mine last week, so far had them in robot and vehicle modes. Robot modes are kind of a mixed bag. Had a loose hand on one of them. The transformations are pretty great though, and the vehicles are really nice (to be honest, they're the reason I wanted the set). Things mostly lock nicely into place so the vehicles are pretty sturdy. And weapon storage is always a plus. Combined mode soon!

18. Korovev

Korovev Active Member

Really? :) 
    That's Italian, pal

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kung Fu Roo

Kung Fu Roo Well-Known Member

i dont speak eye-talian either. i speak broken anglish

20. tffannoloyalty

tffannoloyalty Well-Known Member

I see these were cancelled, but now back? Can anyone fill me in what these are? Should they have theyre own thread? Screenshot_2019-04-17-00-09-45-1.png