Grand architect theory. May contain spoilers.....

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by ultramagnus1, Mar 4, 2018.

1. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about this for the last few days as I've been snowed in but I have a theory as to who the grand architect could be. This may be far fetched but as anyone who knew me on the IDW forums know I'm a man for theories....

So what do we know? Well for arguments sake let's rule out the following

1 Unicron. This character appears to be more for johns story rather then James so let's say it isnt him

2 liege maximo onyx prime. Let's say same deal for these

3 shockwave. Let's say he too escapes the singularity. I don't think its shockwave as his plan for the universe is done.

4 Galvatron. He's dead and its just not his style. He ain't coming back.....yet.

Let's stay with Galvatron for a minute though. He appeared to dissolve in chaos yet he was back for dark Cybertron and beyond until optimus took him out. But what Galvatron proved is characters who appear dead can come back quite easily in IDW. No one stays permanently dead.

Bearing that in mind and with the feel that the current IDW continuity is either getting completely rebooted or at least a soft reboot who does that leave us with? Which character has had essentially two acts in IDW and like all great villains needs a 3rd and final act. Which bot could sway bots like scorponok Galvatron and even shockwave to follow him? Who united a planet after the first great war? Arrogant enough to be the architect? Someone who apparently died at the end of revelations but returned in dark Cybertron to then die apparently after battling optimus in the du?

The grand architect is nova prime aka nemesis prime back for one last hurrah.

Thoughts opinions ?

2. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

Oh god, please no.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ultramagnus1

Nova written by James wouldn't be the worse.

Look it probably isnt him but it wouldn't surprise me if it was

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thundermania

Thundermania Banned

My money is on Quintus Prime.

• Like Like x 1
  5. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In this genre, normally the mystery identity is *at least* someone who has either shown up or been mentioned by the author in the book previously. This eliminates Nova for fairly obvious reasons (his only appearance was due to a crossover mandate).

It’s worth noting Scorponok feels that there is an enemy he needs to prepare for as well. That wouldn’t be Nova Prime as there’s previously been nothing tying them together in the fiction.

6. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Decided to reread Dying in the Light. Do we know what Rung's big white glowy portal deja vu is about or could he be connected to the Grand Architect?

• Like Like x 1
  7. sharkrainbow

sharkrainbow whirl is a trans girl

Gotta say, Nova doesn't seem like the best fit to me - he's certainly arrogant and evil enough and i agree on the Third Act Villain thing, but all that shadowy puppet master stuff really just doesn't seem like his style.
    Having said that, i don't have anyone better to nominate, except to say that after we've come so far
    WE DESERVE SOME QUINTS

• Like Like x 1
  8. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Yeah. If anything Scorponok would probably go along with Nova's agenda. Nova's ideology is more Decepticon warlord than Autobot after all.

9. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    These are literally the 5 most boring possible outcomes they could go with.

Anyone consider this could be a new character entirely?

Or Tyrest? Or one of the Knights?

10. ultramagnus1

I'm trying to remember a character from I think beast wars or generation 2 called sokrosakt or something. Can't remember. Could it be him....

Anyway nova prime has a good history in IDW. He wasn't just a part of dark Cybertron he was in the -ations he also appeared in the rid annual in flashback scenes as well as dark Cybertron.

Roberts will write him well. It may not be him as I said. It could be Unicron or the other guy I'm trying to remember....

11. Thundermania

Thundermania Banned

Shokaract?

12. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    Right now assuming the grand architect is a knight. Partly because the naming scheme matches the magnificence...and largely because he uses one of the tribal symbols of a knight.

13. ultramagnus1

Yeah that's it

14. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I hope it's Primacron. Not even joking. I always felt the concept of him was great despite the awful execution. It'll be amazing if he is in fact 'Primus' and is a near immortal being who has been working on creating the perfect being all this time. It might even explain why Scorponok wanted to create technorganic Decepticons: their entire *species* was created by one.

If not him then yeah Primus. Or just the Guiding Hand in general, as the Quintessons.

• Like Like x 2
  15. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    My vote is jhiaxus surviving dark cybertron (everyone else at ground zero bloody well did) and becoming his beefcake g2 self

download.jpeg

Or you know, it's been pipes the whole time.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ultramagnus1

Yeah like him to return and arcee can take him out

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thundermania

Thundermania Banned

I like this, they could frame it as a true Jhiaxus and the old disgusting hunchback is clone he left behind to take his place, while beefcake Jhiaxus went to build the Cybertronian Empire/Clone Army in a place he called Cyberutopia (The Hub) I dig this theory.

First time I ever used the word "beefcake" am I gonna be alright?

• Like Like x 1
  18. battlefudge

battlefudge Still in the biz...

Erector.
    Proof you say? Well, he has been suspiciously absent since the -ation series.
    His name lends itself to only the grandest of possibilities.
    In this continuity he was a Prime. or Predates the primes. He is the connector to Cybertron's past.

• Like Like x 4
  19. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    I can imagine emperor jhiaxus powerfully swatting all the heavy hitters aside with glee, only to crumble and shit himself at the sight of arced.

I kinda hope so. I did love the old g2 stories and giving our heroes a big scary extreme 90's army to fight would rock.

It's medically recommended to say beefcake at least three times a week, you'll be fine.

giphy.gif

20. Thundermania

Thundermania Banned

With Liege Maximo you gotta have Jhiaxus in some capacity plus it's known that cloning exists, in Regeneration One he left Cybertron at an early time, he's dabbled with cloning in other continuities and his IDW hunchback self sucked. I want to see Jhiaxus the conqueror, not the mad scientist.

Now that I've said it I really hope Cyberutopia is The Hub (or an expy), the supposed "paradise" they've been searching for is nothing but another Cybertronian legacy built atop the graves of innocents. It's tragically poetic.