Gotham - FOX TV Show Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Haloid1177, Sep 24, 2013.

1. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ?????????

2. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    May have been a station problem, bleed over from another channel/series. Bad weather?

3. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just wanted the body snatcher guy to simply shoot Fish. Problem solved.

Or better yet beat her, stuff her in a wooden barrel, THEN shoot her.

4. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    But he's not... Dr. Crane succeeded in eliminating his fear but with Jonathan, he is in constant fear.

The Fish Mooney stuff feels like a completely different show. Somewhat interesting, but not relevant to the Gotham plot anymore.

How did Gordon deduce that the blind man was pre-Joker's dad?

5. rattrap007

News Credits:
    The murder weapon, hatchet, had markings belonging to a satanic cult that was ended/silent for 10 years. Gordon knew it was planted evidence and only the blind guy would know about it. To fake evidence like that AND know where it was he had to have motive. Best motive is protecting a loved one. Jerome's dad is unknown, but a logical conclusion was it was the blind guy.

6. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I'm completely the opposite. I love seeing a pre Batman gotham, and possible.origins for many of the characters. A pre-batman universe has never been explored beyond such things as minis or one shots and so many characters have long term ties to gotham before there was a batman. In fact, it's every new cartoon take on batman that beginning to bore me. A take on same premise just boring after all.

And from what I'm hearing from the casual audience is nothing but positive things. And ive talked to a lot of people last week because of Mardi Gras. This series is doing great with the casual audience and that's great.

7. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just check the audio on your TV. It is probably set to the seeing impaired setting that that station is transmitting. My FOX does the same thing. Every time I turn to that channel, I get the person describing what is on screen. I just hit the Audio setting on my TV and set it to another setting and no more voice. It is annoying I can't save that setting since I have to do it every time I go to FOX. I guess turning off the TV looses the setting. Just FOX, no other channels.

8. Mudslide

Mudslide Eyes rolled so hard they fell out of my head.

Nah, cram her into a fridge.

The more I watch, the more I think the kid playing Bruce would make a pretty good Billy Batson.

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think the production team drop a massive hint that the kid is not the future Joker. We had the red herring on the hatchet of the Hell Fire Club to say hey don't run with the obvious being the truth. So to go there with the hatchet and then the kid to go rather overboard with the laugh and the grin sort of screams out more misdirection.

Kind of tired of the Joker teases. We've already got future villains that aren't being developed and instead of developing those characters it's all the trips to nowhere when people aren't the Joker.

Since the show has already gone with there would be super villains even if Bruce had died with his parents then it would be kind of cool to put some more focus on the pre-Batman villains. Maybe even some pre-Batman heroes since DC has used the heroes before the current generation of heroes thing before.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I mean like the whole being a teacher, experimenting with fear, developing toxins to create fear, the entire shtick of Scarecrow is now someone else's.

That's like if Alfred started fighting crime in a cape and cowl with a whole bunch of gadgets, but he rode a bike instead of a car.

Oh yeah, for sure.

I guess I'd like the show more if it was, like, better? The acting, story, writing and pacing are all sub-par or average, with some pretty bad performances from a LOT of regulars. I like Penguin, but even he is off sometimes. Fish is horrendous, and she truely has no purpose in the show. She ruins the whole thing. And Gordon is so God damn boring. He could not be more white bread if he was actually a loaf of white break in a suit.

11. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

But...that's pretty much the point of Gordon.

And the could-be Joker bits are interesting, this is the first episode to actually focus on one. The Joker is out there somewhere in Gotham, who is, we don't know. We might never know until the series is over. And that's also kinda the point of Joker's origin, ignoring 89 Batman.

I think some of these complaints are really a catch 22, either there is too much focus on showcasing villains or there is not enough. This is especially true if you've got some set-in - stone conceptions of who these characters are and how they should be portrayed.

12. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Here's a question:

What are all the "Joker teases" people keep referring to? I know there was a thing floating around where someone said that there's a reference to the Joker in every episode but I assumed that was one of those BS things. Haven't picked up on or read about an actual one before the obvious one from last night's episode.

13. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    To my knowledge last night only made the second.

14. rattrap007

News Credits:
    But with my way, you get the wonderful joke of "shooting Fish in a barrel".

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    There was a rumor back when the show first started that there might be a reference to/nod to/could-be Joker. So-far there have only been two. A comedian auditioning at Fish's club, and the kis in last night's episode. The closest thing we've gotten outside of those was someone calling Harvey a clown in episode 2.

16. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    The show needs to pick up outside the Penguin it's going nowhere. I hope in season 2 or 3 we get a time jump. Because as it is I can't see it going for too many seasons like this.

17. Mudslide

Mudslide Eyes rolled so hard they fell out of my head.

Shit. Like most things, that went completely over my head.

18. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    My main issue with last night's episode was the amount of stories they tried to cram in an hour.

Between Fish/Captives, Gordon/Thompkins, GCPD/Circus, Wayne/Enterprises, Barbara/Selina/Ivy, Penguin/Zsasz it just seemed way too scattered.

19. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

Seems I'm in the minority here, but I actually think the show is picking up steem and I'm liking it a lot more than when it first started. I'm enjoying young Penguin and Riddler, they are the highlights of the show for me. I thought the kid that played "could be" Joker was great last night and he nailed that laugh perfectly.

I'm also actually starting to come around to Fish. It's interesting to see how quickly she was able to get the prisoners in line and then use them to meet her own needs. She wouldn't have risen as high as she did in Gotham if it weren't for having skills like that, and now we are getting a chance to see them.

I think Lee has been a great supporting character. At this point I think she's actually too good for Gordon. I think someone earlier called her a "ball & chain" which is total bullshit, she's just a woman who wants to be treated with respect. Gordon is a great cop, but his personal skills have a lot of room for improvement.

Still hate Barbara though.

20. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Fish reminds me a lot of Eartha Kitt Catwoman with the over the top acting.

It almost makes me think Jada Pinkett Smith is doing it as a tribute to her.