Got screwed on ebay, what should I do?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by yyh2046, Jun 4, 2010.

1. yyh2046

yyh2046 Well-Known Member

About 2 weeks ago, I bought a boxed G1 Overlord from an ebay seller (10 possitive feedbacks) at Turkey. He then provided me a tracking# for registered mail. Yesterday I picked up the mail from the post office, it turned out to be a PADDED ENVELOPE WITH ONE PIECE OF PAPER INSIDE (paypal invoice). I of course contacted the seller immediately, but got no response. I think I've been screwed...what should I do??? :banghead: 

-- Update 06/11/10 --

7 days after I started ebay dispute (with no response from seller), I was able to escalate it into an ebay claim (let ebay decide) and a few hrs later ebay support group sent me a decision email letting me know that I won the claim and the full amount has been refunded to my paypal.

I'm glad it worked out. Thanks for all the useful input in this thread!

The seller is located in Turkey, obviously he/she has done the same to another buyer, now there are 2 angry feedbacks in his/her profile, 83%

2. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    Make a claim with Paypal. Take a picture of what you received and show it to them.

3. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^^^ What he said.

Even though "technically" there was a tracking number, take a photo of what you received and file a paypal claim under "significantly not as described".

4. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    do it as quick as you can so he doesnt have a chance to get rid of your cash, paypal tend to side with the buyer so you should get something back, good luck and sorry to hear about this.

5. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Echoing what everyone else has said, file a Paypal claim, and provide pics of what you received. The tracking no. will be linked to the amount of postage paid, which clearly won't be enough to cover the weight of Overlord. Paypal will refund your money as long as it's still in the seller's account. If he's taken it out, you may have to wait until he has money in the account again.

I believe in some countries, you can't withdraw the money from your Paypal until the buyer has indicated they're satisfied, don't know if it applies to Turkey or not, it's not applicable here in the UK.

I remember seeing that Overlord, sorry to hear you got screwed.

6. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You will get a refund from paypal either way. They will just lock his account until he puts money in it to cover the refund.
    Just file the claim immediately, file one with ebay as well, so he cannot get anyone else with this sort of thing. A negative feedback stating what happened can't hurt.

Sorry to hear about this.

I don't understand why people pull this crap. Paypal makes it so you really can't pull this off.

7. yyh2046

Thank you guys! I just did some research and found out that ebay has changed its policy about claim processing. It seems you can't open both ebay claim and paypal claim on the same transaction. Since I only have "one shot" and I've been screwed by paypal several times over the years (sellers didn't ship anything, claims ended in my favor, but paypal would not cover my loss), I'll try open an ebay claim instead, considering ebay has a so-called "buyer protection program", even though ebay and paypal are in fact together.

Hope it works, will update here.

8. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have used the Ebay claim method and it was just as effective. I would call the 1 800 number though as you have a better chance at an actual person hearing what happened. Usually ebay will try to contact the seller and I think give them 7 days to respond and if nothing, you get your money back and the seller gets what's coming to him. Good luck! It's guys like this who make it hard to sell on Ebay.
    To elaborate on what ninety said, I think if you have less than 100 feedback, Paypal won't let the seller remove funds until buyers is satisfied.

9. UltraMarknus

UltraMarknus Well-Known Member

Or 21 days pass...whichever comes first...21 days or positive feedback.

I, personally, would've gone the PayPal route as I know they freeze the sellers funds when a dispute is opened...I know because some idiot did that to me because he knew I did not put tracking on the package.

10. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Correct, they did that for my first international E-Bay sale as well. They held the funds until either 21 days or positive feedback was left, even though I was at 100% seller/buyer feedbacks. They did release the amount of money I used to purchase the postage however, since I bought the postage directly via Paypal, and then the rest was done once he left feedback. After that, I did 2 other international transactions and neither one was held, so unless this was his first, they might not have held the funds in his account.

11. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That really blows, I hope everything works out for the best. Paypal or Ebay will surely take care of you. This is one of those instances in which ebays "Always side with the customer" methodology works!

12. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Make sure you get a clear pic of the customs form and weight.

if it says something like "toy 10oz" then it's a slam dunk.

13. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What these guys said. Also please indicate who this seller is so no one else here gets burned.

14. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Its da@# shi*&y Sellers like this & I hoped that Karma has him good one day. :mad: mad:mad 

15. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

Good luck...someone did this too me on a G1 omega supreme...filed a paypal claim...took pictures...emailed pictures...they showed the tracking showed delivery...seller won his scam and i lost $80 dollars...i would file the claim like the other said..but i would not hold my breath on hoping ebay/paypal do the right thing,

16. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    I kinda had the same, I recieved a junk item and because I could not find a 3rd party to identify this item and put it on paper that I got a fake pos paypal sided with the seller.

17. yyh2046

-- Update --

7 days after I started ebay dispute (with no response from seller), I was able to escalate it into an ebay claim (let ebay decide) and a few hrs later ebay support group sent me a decision email letting me know that I won the claim and the full amount has been refunded to my paypal.

I'm glad it worked out. Thanks for all the useful input in this thread!

The seller is located in Turkey, obviously he/she has done the same to another buyer, now there are 2 angry feedbacks in his/her profile, 83%

18. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey man, congrats..one for the little guys!

19. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

So there's a turkey in Turkey huh? Glad it worked out for yea, thank's for letting us know. What's the user name so we can all avoid him?

20. UltraMarknus

UltraMarknus Well-Known Member

ya, if the seller dosen't respond you automatically win. Good thing the seller couldn't/wouldn't be bothered!