Got my new car! 2010 Camaro

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Primus, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I love how it has the Chevy logo on the underside of the hood.

2. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Love the engine shots and wax job.

Again, nice wheels!

3. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    New Camaro + Black = sexy

Very nice, man!

4. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The new Camaro is outstanding! Nice ride you have there, Primus. :) 

How is the visibility from the back? The Challenger has huge pillars that are giant blind spots, and I'm worried that the Camaro has the same issue? How are the mirrors? Is there enough room in the back seat to ACTUALLY fit 2 adult humanoids in reasonably comfortably there for around town trips?

I've always been a "V-8 or bust" kind of guy when it comes to muscle cars, but that V-6 is no slouch. 305 hp is more than enough to lay down some smoldering rubber, and is pretty damn fast in 0-60 acceleration. Plus, you have lower insurance premiums compared to the V-8's. Add better mileage, and the RS really is a sweet deal.

Rumor has it that the Mustang will get a twn-turbo V-6 that will also give it 300+ hp, but so far, that is all still rumor. The v-6 Camaro is REAL, and real good. The V-6 Mustang is just for looks, the V-8 is where the business is at, but the price for it is high in every catagory (gas, insurance, price, etc). So again, the RS is the winner. Throw on a set of performance exausts, and a better air filter, and you've got more performance on the cheap right there alone. Sweet car. My only gripe is the interior, which to me, is the weakest part of the car. It's a good interior, just not as "modern" as I'd like it to be (gps, better looking climate control switches, better traditional rectangular radio box).

I'd love to own a RS.

5. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

That is a sexy car man.

6. Primus

News Credits:
    I'm not going to lie. Visibility isn't great. For me though, as far as sporty cars go, I've owned 3 Camaros(1 V6, 2 Z28), a V6 Firebird, a firehawk, a firehawk T/A, a mustang, and a solstice. I'm pretty used to crappy visibility. I make good use of mirrors(which are very good). I know my blind spots.

The back seats are pretty much on par with the mustang and other f-bodies I've owned. You have to make room for passengers. That's the way it's always been and always will be.

As you can see from some of the cars I've owned I'm very familiar with the type of performance you get from the V6 and V8 engines. People really need to start to step away from their "V-8 or bust" mentality. My 1999 Pontiac Firehawk T/A was completely badass. Sounded awesome and was extremely powerful. If I was offered to get that engine and have it put in my Camaro instead of the V6 I would still keep the V6. It's really an amazing motor.

This was my biggest worry. And totally unfounded. It is actually plenty "modern" with some awesome throwbacks. I have a 4gb USB memory stick packed with MP3's that I have plugged in to a port in my center console. I can navigate through the menus through the IP and play songs. It's quite advanced.

I can't imagine wanting GPS. I guess some people might. I'm not sure why though. This is a sports car. It comes with free turn by turn navigation via onstar if you really want, and it works well. You can use mapquest to send directions to your car via the internet. I'd say that's pretty modern. Then in the DIC between the gauges on the dash is a graphical display of when to turn and such.

I'm actually surprised how manageable the dials and knobs really are. Once you understand what's what it's really easy. I love it!

7. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I want one of these. Sadly they're gonna be £40k over here (around $60-65k) :( 

8. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Good, good stuff. I still haven't seen one in person.

RE: the rumored Bumblebee appearance package - that story originated @ camaro5.com. Apparently one or more dealerships reported it based on a live broadcast from GM HQ to the dealers. And said dealerships haven't gotten order codes for the special package as yet. Read all about it in the thread @ the site.

9. Sportimus

News Credits:
    Thanks for the response. :) 

I've got a '04 VW GTI. In the back it has thick pillars, but for some reason, that has never bothered me one bit. Mirrors on mine more than make up for it, so I think I see what you're saying here which is good news for me. I love the Challenger, but the rear pillars are huge when trying to back out of a tight spot. The Camaro's seem smaller, and much less intrusive then. I am happy to hear this.

You mean you have to make rooms for their knees/legs, right? That's fine. It's good to know that we can make room for them. Ever been in a Eclipse? Impossible to fit anyone older than the age of 5 back there. I've sat in the back of a '08 Mustang, and it's decent for a car of its type.

I was wondering, do you sit higher in the new Camaro compared with, say a 98 Camaro? They felt like you were sitting on the floor. Hopefully, they fixed that with the new design.

The V-6 that the Camaro comes with is from the Cadillac CT-S, which is by no means a wuss. That thing is one impressive v-6. I wonder if one can slap a turbo on it? Either way, that engine is fantasic, and would be my choice over the v-8 SS. It seems like a better balanced car as raw power alone is not enough to make a car great.

That's pretty cool.

I need GPS as I go to so many places that I've never been to before. And I don't like getting lost. The mapquest thing is pretty cool, and should be pretty sufficient. That IS pretty modern. The DIC is a great idea, and I like the digital speedometer readout on it too. Very nice. As for the dials and knobs, I have to see for myself. Sometimes pictures and videos don't do it justice and will be better to see and experience in person. You're very lucky to have that car. Congratulations.

How big it the trunk?

10. Primus

News Credits:
    I'm there constantly! Love that site.

11. Primus

News Credits:
    I used to have a 1992 Eagle Talon. Those back seats were cramped!!

Yeah, it's much higher off the ground then that. At least, it seems like it is. Very comparable to my 2004 Mustang.

Yeah, the DI 3.6 is really nice. They've tweaked it a bit from the Cadillac for performance and sound. I really like it. I'm sure you could put a turbo on it. People are already working on superchargers.

Actually, the trunk is huge! The problem is that the opening is fairly small. Works fine for me but I understand some people being surprised by the size of the opening.

Thanks!

12. Sportimus

News Credits:

13. Spyro

Spyro Banned

Those engine shots are epic win.

14. Primus

News Credits:
    Thanks! I think I should have wiped it off first though. Oh well. I was thinking of getting some high heat paint and painting the Chevy bowtie on the underside of the hood yellow.

15. Spyro

Spyro Banned

I say go for it.

16. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    I saw a silver w/ black pin stripes parked the other day it indeed is one sexy car. and around here itll likely be the only one ill see lol

oh and nice car man looks really good in black. you should add a red scanning bar and make it "KITT" :p 

17. Primus

News Credits:
    lol. thanks. It's funny because the V8 models have a non-functional "mail slot" in the front. Pretty much the only thing that's good for is holding a scannig bar like that. Seriously though, if mine had that non-functioning mail slot I would get one and put it in.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP #VernoWasRight

News Credits:
    That is an EXTREMELY sexy vehicle.

19. Sportimus

News Credits:
    I'm still drooling over it. :D  I have yet to see one in person.

20. Primus

News Credits:
    Figures. Two days after I spent 6 hours washing and waxing and waxing (yes, I said that twice) the car it rains like crazy. Argh!!!