Got any interesting Transformers theories?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Leemaster777, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    So, I recently had a thought about everyone's favorite cosmic punching bag, Waspinator:

[​IMG]

One thing I've found odd about Waspinator is just how damn resilient he is. Even by the somewhat skewed standards of Beast Wars, Waspinator is damn near indestructable. He has been show repeatedly shrugging off mortal wounds, even to the point that he has LITERALLY pulled himself back together on the field of battle, after being blown to pieces.

And then it hit me, you know what other race of Transformers have been show being almost indestructable?

[​IMG]

That's right, Junkions. What if Waspinator is actually a Junkion descendant? That would both explain his somewhat odd manner of speaking, and explain his incredible recovery ability.

There are two points I'd like to bring up:

1. Yes, I'm aware of the scene where Rhinox attacks Waspinator, and he thinks he's one of the Insecticons. That doesn't necessarily mean he's an Insecticon descendant.

2. Some of you may say "but wait, the Junkions were Autobots, why would their descendant be a Predacon?". To which I would reply, "Dinobot was originally a Predacon, and he's descended from Grimlock".

I'm not trying to argue that this is solid gold fact or anything, just that it's a plausible theory.

Any of you got any interesting Transformers theories?

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I always assumed Waspinator was related to Dirge since they both got slagged a lot and BWII Dirge and Botcon 2006 Waspinator shared the same mold.

3. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    BotCon 1995 Nightracer was made from leftover parts from the same production run that created the Japanese versions of the Generation 2 Go-Bots Optimus Prime, Megatron and Soundwave.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    When it comes to Waspinator, I always thought of it as a side effect of being taken over by Starscream. We saw what happened when Optimus and Megatron had the sparks of Prime and the Decepticon Megatron in them, there was a side effect.

Maybe instead of getting bigger, Waspinator gained what Starscream had spark wise. Which could explain how he lasted millions of years to return to Cybertron in the present day.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I like to think that Slag's name is something of a nickname/re-name, and is actually deeper than it appears, at least outside of the G1 cartoon continuity.

Slag (setting aside his triceratops mode for a moment) is a slow, but heavily armored Autobot with a relatively uneducated outlook and a specialization in spitting fire. Given that the Autobots were mostly or all peacefully purposed before the war, that narrows Slag's potential pre-war occupations considerably. I theorize that, before the Great War, Slag was a foundry worker, in one of Cybetron's no-doubt numerous metal fabrication/recycling facilities. Maybe his alt-mode was adapted to transporting (and keeping molten) large tundishes of liquid metal, or simply maintaining the operation of the furnaces.

If this were the case, what the term "Slag" means to him is likely a bit more complex than to the average Autobot. While slag is a term for the waste that results from smelting, or a crudely molten and impure metal, in metallurgical application, Slag is a little more finessed. Slag is the substance that is deliberately added to the melt to absorb impurities and maintain optimum chemical conditions within the melting metal (such as pH, oxide level, temperature in some cases, etc.). So in some ways, Slag is the sacrificial mixture of otherwise "worthless" oxides that result in a good casting. There's a saying the steel industry that "good slag means good steel", for example.

So for Slag, a foundry worker caught up in the war, and now part of a brutal Autobot wetworks squad, he might take the name, otherwise an insult, as a badge of pride. Slag is taking on the gruesome tasks that many other Autobots couldn't handle, taking the hits and the jobs they'd never be able to, and sacrificing of himself to build a better future for his comrades and his race. He knows that might not be looked on with respect, and that he might very well be discarded once he's outlived his purpose or exhausted his potential, but he believes that in the end, his people will be purer and stronger because of his sacrifice.

6. MegatronicaJV

MegatronicaJV joey

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Guess who stole the thread :hijacked: 

7. bacon4e

bacon4e Resident Cheesehead

It's not really a theory, but the transformers prime rid ultra magnus toy shares a lot of resemblance to a readout shown in the prime season two episodes orion pax 1-3 (I don't remember which one) when prime is searching optimus prime on the computer, a pixelated image comes on the screen, resembling ultra magnus, then the readout focuses and prime appears. I don't have any pics, but if anyone does, it would help a ton

8. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

Damn Aernaroth, that's deep.

9. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I like to think that Waspinator and Robotmasters Wingstun are the same person. The similarities are as follows:

They've shared a mold.

They sport similar colour schemes.

They both served under BW Megatron.

In addition, I find it it hard to accept that the BW cast had names on Cybertron like Waspinator, Rhinox or Rattrap. I can actually imagine Wingstun speaking like Waspinator, "Why universe hate Wingstun?"

I see a similar parallel with Rattrap and Cybertron Ransack. They've shared a mold. Have similar voices though Ransack's isn't annoying. I can imagine Ransack being Rattrap's name prior to BW. The Botcon comic had a character begin to use Rattrap's Cybertronian name but stop's at 'R' so we don't know if it really was Rattrap.

In Target 2006, Cyclonus refers to 'Lifespark'. Many fans believe this to be a name but it doesn't seem suitable for a Con. I believe it was a typo or editorial error and it should have been 'The Lifespark' similar in concept to the modern term 'Spark'. It would have been a nice irony to have a character supposedly from the future use a term that would years later be an official term in the franchise.

Similarly he used the term 'Microbots' which I heard once or twice used in reference to Micromaster Autobots. Again another term that we wouldn't see until years later.

10. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always considered Waspinator was a descendant of the Insecticons. Remember how Shrapnel was reassembled easily in 'The Insecticon Syndrome'?

11. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This.

12. bacon4e

bacon4e Resident Cheesehead

another obvious one is that prime soundwave is loosely based off of slenderman

13. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Prime Soundwave doesn't record the voices he plays back. In actuality, he is slowly feeding upon their mind and soul, absorbing their traits and characteristics to fulfill his goal of merging all sparks within himself.

It's only a matter of time.

14. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

The Vehicons probably have their own rec room/ repair station, and the longer one goes without getting scrapped they get promoted to actually having a name, then a command

15. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

In g1 most people know the com mistake with the seeker tech specks, skywarp had screemers specs, TC has SK's and SS had TC's, now he's my thought on this, it wasn't the tech specks it was the names and bio's that got switched. I could go on about the colours more fitting others names but I got a simpler one, both in G2 and BW2 starscream was black and purple, why when it did nothing in BW2 to change anything and in G2 it technically made megatron the wrong color. Did some one go back to orginal setup for the character and use pre mistake colors schemes?

Eh I doubt we'll ever find out and I honestly have no idea if there is any truth in it but it explains a few things.

16. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Rattrap's claim that Arcee is his great-aunt is not a mere exclamation, but the truth. I think she had a hand in creating the first ever Beast Warriors, and by extension serves as a BW matriarch (thus she really is Rattrap's ancestor).

17. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    If there was a Decepticon Matrix, it could possibly be used to destroy Vector Sigma.

18. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    I always thought waspinator (and blackarhnia) were sent through the time and ended up in a diffrent universe where earth still didnt have humans on. Its a loose theory mostly connected to what happened in animated.

19. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There already is a Decepticon Matrix and Dead Matrix.

20. Kakashi

Kakashi Well-Known Member

This theory regards Generation 1 Sandstorm.

The highest profile version of the character, namely in the G1 cartoon, was as a bot from Paradron: a world inhabited by a bunch of cyber-hippy Autobots. And after a brief stint as a rabble rouser, he reverts back to an orange and black Ned Flanders.

The rest of his incarnations depict him as low man on the Wreckers totem pole. He's with the group about half the time, and even then he never says or does anything important. He's also usually one of the first to get shot/injured.

His bio depicts him as a type of adrenaline junkie: just a bot who runs around and puts himself in danger because otherwise he's bored out of his mind.

As you can see, it's kind of a mess. No wonder when a new comic series comes up writers aren't lining up to use this guy. He's so fragmented. Plus it's real easy to get shoved into the background when you're rubbing shoulders with guys like Springer, Roadbuster, Impactor, and Whirl.

So on to reconciling the character.

I like the idea of him having originated on a colony of hippy bots. It's a unique aspect of who he is. Granted, the Wreckers didn't exist within the G1 toon continuity, but they are a more pervasive element in the G1 Universe. And other versions do have Transformers spread throughout the Galaxy. So why not Paradron? It was probably still destroyed by Decepticons, what with it being a pacifist Autobot colony and all.

Sandstorm thought it was smart to run away from the war originally, seeing as there was no end in sight and the war was slowly killing the planet. But then he discovered that peace just.. bored him. There was nothing to do. Just the same thing, day after day. His quick thinking saved him from sharing Paradron's fate, but Sandstorm got to witness his world burn and his friends die. And from then on, he ran TO danger instead of FROM it, because that taught him that running from danger just gets you killed in the end.

Sandstorm is not a born fighter, that much is certain. But he is a survivor. He does seem to enjoy excitement. Probably enjoys extreme sports. Enjoys fighting, but isn't very good at it. Which is why his function is recon, because what could get you going more than escaping Cons with things exploding far behind you, without just going toe to toe with them like the rest of your Wrecker pals?

He's probably the least macho of the Wreckers.. a fact that he's uncomfortable with. He tries to get them to see him as glitched or just plain crazy, because anything is better than being called soft. They probably see Sandstorm as the little brother trying to get attention. They respect him because he has berrings (no one doubts that, what with a courage of 10 and all!) and they acknowledge his versatility.

What Sandstorm truly can't accept is himself, though. He's a smart guy (Intelligence 9, ftw). But he never found a practical application for it. Science is just plain boring to him, and military strategy is best left to guys like Springer or Impactor. Not that the Wreckers use strategy all that much. You know.. Wreck and Rule and all that jazz. And he has a niche within his group so he can't just up and leave. They're like his family now, after all. Band of brothers, loyalty, ect. But there's something gnawing and unfulfilling about his life that he chooses to drown out by driving into danger.

So that's how I bring the different versions of Sandstorm together.