Fan Art: Got an ambitious 3D design project, lookin for critiques and designers

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Dunkle, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Dunkle

Dunkle The Merch Mercenary

Here’s a quick rundown of what this project is:

Somewhere in the near future I’m going to be making some fully animated 3D models using some original designs for an eventual animation project!

Since I’m absolutely trash at drawing however, I’m looking for some artists who are willing to design a few parts for me as well as some “expert opinions” on what really makes a good and practical design as well as certain aesthetic choices.

Few things I must be honest about:

1. I don’t have any money on me so I can’t really commission or hire stuff, that may be a major turnoff for some since I don’t believe everyone likes to work for free, especially with what I’m asking being a bit....much.

2. Keep in mind I consider myself to be a pretty amateur artist so I’m not exactly the most experienced when it comes to what I do. You may consider this request to be incredibly lazy on my part so I understand if this sounds pretty ridiculous

3. Of course, with every project such as this, this may take a seriously long time to come to fruition. I believe having patience and understanding is key to cooperation.

The specifics:

Here’s what I got in mind for these designs, feel free to critique or give advice:

1. The era in which this project takes place will either take place 1980s or in “present day” . Most of the robot cast will retain or have a similar alt mode from their Generation 1 counterparts.

2. Designs are somewhat complex, similar to the live action movies and the 2005 IDW continuity but not as complex. The aesthetic won’t be hyper realistic but somewhat stylised with characters having somewhat exaggerated proportions. Each character would have some design and personality cues from other continuities or similar characters.

3. Considering they’re “alien robots from outer space” designing these could allow some artistic freedom, but I don’t want anything too crazy. Although each cybertronian must share a general anatomy. Take that as you will

Here’s a random example of what I’m getting at, excuse the shitty quality of the design and the photo, lol: CDEC3D7D-1066-4994-B17B-1B9F9079628F.jpeg

Anyways, I’d love to have a discussion with y’all about this project and would appreciate any form of assistance! Thanks for taking the time to read this really dumb request.

Cheers!

2. griffn29

griffn29 Well-Known Member

This design needs a head

3. Dunkle

Dunkle The Merch Mercenary

I know, lol