GOOD Things about The Last Knight

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Galvatross, Jul 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Honorbound

Honorbound Bayverse Optimus was in the right.

Ebay:
    He's suffered that exact injury before and had his face shot off, and he walked it off. Also, single-handedly - I see what you did there.

• Like Like x 3
  2. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I don't have time for people who *sigh* at me as if I don't know what they're talking about and then proceed with a reply that indicates they didn't even finish reading my post. I'm setting you to ignore.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    Because the rest of your post doesn't even make sense? I mean, you straight up are insisting Megatron scanned a new cybertronian alt. mode...which is a complete impossibility because as already established before the most recent thread purge, the only Cybertronian stuff he could have scanned was in Chicago, there wasn't much of it left at all, and of what was there, absolutely none of it looked anything even remotely like what Megatron became. That, and "transformation structure solidified" makes no sense because it's not really explained in the film why Transformium when handled by humans somehow breaks even more laws of physics than the original robots supposedly made of the stuff which at least transform somewhat sensibly with part shifting.

And then your last bit about how you're passive agressively implying this is so obvious to people who don't need a small bit of exposition to think of this? You're using a concept you made up - "transformation structure solidified" which means nothing because there is no context saying this is a thing - to explain what happened when Megatron somehow scanned a physical object that did not exist in a provable way.

Like, isn't the more obvious answer just, I dunno, Quintessa did it? Isn't she who Megatron is even working for at that point? Why couldn't she just have rebuilt the bastard, which given she may or may not be a Creator (the world will never know, thankfully), she would theoretically actually have the capability to manipulate Transformium on that kind of level that humans couldn't?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    I don’t even try replying to them anymore. They try to justify any flaw of the bayverse wtih ridiculous things like Thanos looking different etc. The ignore button makes these threads a lot more enjoyable.

• Like Like x 2
  5. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know I can understand where you're getting from this. So please don't...

6. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    I can think of one good thing about TLK.
    Nitro Zeus died. Thankfully because he was annoying as hell.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Veteran

News Credits:
    I appreciate good banter when it's there :)  It can result to a nice conversation. But with that in mind, I wanted to do a gentle reminder of rule 1 here:

1. No Insults, Trolling, Flaming, Name Calling, Harassing, Etc.
    We will not tolerate insults, excessive profanity or throwing a topic off course. Use of racial, bigoted, sexist, or discriminatory terms or phrases is not accepted. Posts intended solely to antagonize others are not accepted. Keep topics/posts where they belong. Generally, “play nice”.

I know everyone feels a certain way about TLK, and that's fine. But let's not get too heated about it :) 

• Like Like x 4
  8. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Thank you. There's no reason for people to be mean or disrespectful, especially when talking about fictional characters. This should be a place for enjoyment.

• Like Like x 2
  9. LightningBlade3

LightningBlade3 Destined to be a Prime

News Credits:
    As much as I hate TLK, I can admit there are some things that I enjoy from it.

-The majority of the robot designs are just as cool as they've always been, particularly the new looks of Bee, Megs, and Barricade.
    -More transformations in general. I remember watching it for the first time and thinking to myself "Wow, they're actually making them transform quite a bit."
    -Bumblebee coming back together the first time. I really don't like the idea of Bee being able to disassemble and put himself together, but that first slow motion sequence at the beginning is pretty cool.
    -Some bits of humor like when Hot Rod kidnapped Vivian and she was like "at least tell me you're one of the famous ones like Soundwave or Shockwave." I appreciated that and it did make me chuckle. And yeah I did laugh out loud when Bee sounded like Siri.
    -Izabella. Seriously, one of the best characters in this movie and it really annoys me at how little she was in the movie
    -The end. Not in a joking way like people are happy that it's finally over. I mean like the last 10-ish minutes. From when Optimus arrives and takes down Infernocus to the end is probably my favorite sequence from TLK. The music is perfect, the tone is perfect, everything just works for me. And when the Autobot theme finally plays at the end, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a little smile on my face, especially considering that we haven't heard it in a movie since ROTF and it's probably one of my favorite movie themes.

• Like Like x 5
  10. ArcanielRE3

ArcanielRE3 Honorary Autobot

To be honest, the only things I liked about the film were Hopkins and Cogman, the Transformer fights, and its tight continuity with Age of Extinction, which I honestly kind of maybe sort of really liked.

Aside from those aspects, the film was complete schlock. Absolute drivel. I want my 2-and-a-half-hours back. Thank Primus that it tanked at the box office.

• Like Like x 3
  11. RondoCalrissian

RondoCalrissian Well-Known Member

The good thing about TLK. . . was it was the last one in this franchise and I didn't get tricked into watching it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    By tight do you mean hardly any?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

I like that for better or worse, the films acknowledge in subtext that Optimus is becoming more and more unwell as the films go on. His increasingly jaded nature and weariness of his disposition is a most of the meat in AOE and TLK built on it nicely in the time they did spend on it.

• First off flying into space to de-face God, it turns out, got him frozen nearly to death. That's an interesting tidbit
    • Followed up on Cybertron's fate and Optimus was affected by the sacrifice of his home.
    • Quintessa actually sways the real Optimus a little before she really gets him brainwashed, building on his jadedness towards humanity from before.
    • Nemesis Prime was cool for the time he was on screen.
    • The fight with Bee kicked ass and I don't hate the 'power of friendship' thing.
    • Especially since the remorse Optimus feels when he realizes what he's done and his moment with Cade was really tight.
    • Optimus Prime really felt like THE Optimus Prime making a comeback once he regains his free will. He's charismatic, badass, and his all-too-brief moments with Megatron are really damn interesting.
    • "DID YOU FORGET WHO I AM."
    • The probably 10 seconds tops 'Superman Shot' of Optimus saving Cade and Vivian in free fall and bursting back through the wall is one of my favorite shots in any TF media. The kinetic motion, the triumphant music and everything just make it sing.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    I fail to see how Prime being forcefully turned evil, except he really isn't all that DIFFERENT when he's evil, is the 'meat' of TLK. Since he seems A-OK once the 'martha' moment happens.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

No I meant Prime's arc in AOE was the meat of AOE, and the unfortunately few moments in TLK that DID build on that were enjoyable.

And he's not perfectly fine, he's guilt ridden and tired and about to be sentenced to death for treason. And his fight on afterwards is one of atonement.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    And the whole time nobody can actually explain what the fuck is so important about being a knight that it overrides him being a Prime.

I mean, who the fuck cares about some idiot knights who are massive hypocrites because where the fuck were they while Cybertron was busy getting rendered uninhabitable and Megatron was going after the AllSpark? You're told they're important but they don't do jack shit compared to the plot device stick that they give randomly-a-different-character-now-Tucci because they felt sorry or something. And then suddenly they're going to kill the last of the Primes? ROTF was trash but it did its job in making it at least understandable why the fuck Optimus was important (he was the only one who could kill The Fallen because he was the last of the Primes). TLK can't even explain what nonsense AoE tried to superimpose over the existing trilogy's context nor is Prime even the title character - the title character of a movie about transforming space robots is some douche from Texas!

And that's not even getting into how laughably stupid the idea of knights being honorable in any context if you know the truth about them. Read up on the early Crusades, the romanticism of them is amazing with what really went down in those times. Certainly not role models that we should be having Prime be in any sort of way.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Lukelbs

Lukelbs Well-Known Member

I liked The Last Knight as much as I liked Bumblebee. Both felt like transformer movies. Awesome moments spread intermittently through a movie, to me all the transformer films have been that.

I thought the fight between Nemesis and Bumblebee was fun, even though it was short and had no effect on the story as a whole.

I liked the end battle on Cybertron.

I liked a lot of the designs. Megatron, Hot Rod, Nitro, etc.

I didn't mind the human story and thought Mark Wahlberg did great. I also loved that Anthony Hopkins was in the film.

The moment with Cade on the phone with his daughter was well done.

There are other moments, but is been awhile since I've watched it.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nitro zeus

• Like Like x 2
  19. Prime Red

Prime Red Banned

Everything in the junkyard.

I think what holds this movie back for me is the continuity discrepancies and the Nemesis Prime stuff was too condensed.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Honorbound

Honorbound Bayverse Optimus was in the right.

Ebay:
    Yep. If the movie had focused on that interplay instead of going off the rails with the Order of the Witwiccans plot, then I think it would have been much better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.