Good place to sell my (open) collection in TN/GA/AL?

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by PKitty, Jun 16, 2014.

1. PKitty

PKitty SubGenius Reverend

I live in Chattanooga TN, which means I'm just two hours away from Nashville TN, Knoxville TN, Atlanta GA, and Birmingham AL.

I want to trim down my collection significantly. I own about 1,000 TFs and I want to get it down to my 100-200 favorites. Thing is, most of my collection is neither G1 nor MISB, so I know that I'm not going to get a ton of money for it. (I have most of the boxes and cards, but I bought these toys to play with and display, not to keep sealed away.)

So getting a table at a fan convention is questionable -- I don't want to spend $300 and then only make $250, y'know? But conversely, if I just take these to a flea market and set up for $10, I'm only going to get flea market prices.

Does anyone know of a place (con, market, whatever) in my area where I could find Transfans to sell to without paying a lot? Or of a store in my area that buys open TFs?

2. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm in va beach and would like to talk to you about buy you collection

3. PKitty

PKitty SubGenius Reverend

For the record, I managed to sell my entire collection to Green Door Comics & Toys, right here in town! They're right in the middle of the North Shore area, on Cherokee just north of Coolidge Park. All nice guys and gals, and they gave me a fairly good deal.