good or bad ideas for a transformers series

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by littlebotbrat, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Animated is not G1 reinvented. Well written show? Yep. G1 revival? Nope.

2. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    youre confusing reinvent with revival. any show with a prime/autobots and a megatron/decepticons with alt modes disguising themselves as earth vehicles is a reinvention of g1/core of the transformers brand in general.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think we could have a slightly darker toned TF series. Something like Justice League or Gargoyles, perhaps. Nothing darker than that, though. Heck, TF Animated could easily mature to that, should it go on for long enough.

I'd like to see a TF show done where the Autobots are scattered rebels, fighting a much better organised and equipped Decepticon Empire. The problem with that idea is writing something that's not insanely dark and gruesome, but I think I have an idea how to do it. If I ever get my head around it, that's what I'll put into the TF game.

4. prowl007

prowl007 Axisjump

A cgi Transformers g1 redo(like the "They were always real to me" one) is the best Idea I can come up with right now.

5. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

You do have a good point. I guess I am confusing this because none of the other shows (AEC, RID, etc.) have been hailed as a G1 Revival and this one has which leads me to assume it as a reinvention. Well said.

6. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

I think Animated is a close to a G1 revival as we'll ever see. It takes the more core elements from the original series than all the other series put together.

I think I'd like to see a series based solely on Cybertron. Beast Machines showed that you can do a series devoid of Earth and its inhabitants. When Cybertron came out, it really disappointed me because it was still set primarily on Earth.

7. butz

butz slippery when wet

I guess that rebooting the seires can be both a good and bad thing. On one hand, when you get something going like the AEC trilogy, a total reboot is pretty much the only way you can get out of that kinda mess. Also, a fresh start is much more approachable for the uninitiated (people who haven't watched Transformers before, and don't want to just start in the middle of some massive story arc for fear of not knowing whats going on).
    On the other hand, rebooting things can cause older fans to lose interest when the story they were following essentially gets killed off and replaced with something else.
    Personally, I'd like to see stuff kept in the same continuity for awhile (assuming its one I actually like, ie. not AEC), but with a focus that can change to keep things fresh as needed (hopefully without having to kill everybody off in the process).

As for really bad ideas? About the worst thing they could do would be to replace all the transforming robots in the series with humans wearing clothes that merely resemble the actual robots.

8. adamme

adamme Well-Known Member

i'd like a G1 show that fills in the gaps between the end of the original series and Beast Wars, that maybe shows how the war ended and Maximals/Predacons came about

9. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I've always thought something like that would be so awesome.....

Really wish either that had been done, or we'd at least have had Transtech before RiD (which I did enjoy) or the Unicron trilogy.

10. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    I'll add my voice to the 'reboots = bad' argument. We're not getting much of a chance to see characters develop in any real way. The last time we had some development I could truly appreciate (pre-Animated, anyway), was Armada Starscream.

As for good, well, I'm very pro-character-development. Looks like we're getting plenty of that in Animated so I'm a happy transfan right now.

That reminds me a lot of the SatAM Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon, which I recently picked up on DVD. I'd love to see a dystopian setting, mainly because it's quite different to what we've had before... Not as much as I'd love to write it though. :D 

11. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

I was just thinking a story between Rebirth and BW would be a great idea. Thanks for beating me to the punch.

12. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

Good idea: Updated G1 series (like classics) where the seekers have their own unique robot modes (Starscream resembles his old self, Thundercracker is the heavy fire power con with missle launchers and Skywarp would carry a ninja energon sword in addition to his arm guns) and all the old G1 characters are back.

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'd like to see a sorta 'Transformers: Pre-Earth', which extends the time the Ark and Nemesis were in space before the TFs came to Earth. A kind of Star Trek with transforming robots, where they nip down to new planets they find and take on local machine disguises to check things out while trying to stay one step ahead of the pursuing Decepticons.
    Okay, it would mean we already know certain characters wouldn't die because we know they end up in G1, but who's to say that the crews weren't bigger to begin with and that many TFs were lost in space or destroyed during the clash and crash to Earth (perhaps as stasis pods). Maybe we see Thundercracker go from being an unsure Autobot to an unsure Decepticon, or see the core G1 Autobot cast going from a varied crew of 'bots picked for the mission to the crew we all know.
    It could even carry on into a new version if G1 after the Ark crashed on Earth, maybe making a brief stop in prehistoric times to give us Shockwave and the Dinobots tussling like in the Marvel comics and the Shockwave Spotlight (and perhaps hinting at Beast Wars somehow).

Well, I can dream, can't I?

Bad things for TF usually revolve around human kids - especially too many of them.