Good online places to buy LEGIT Nintendo GBA games???(Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by netkid, May 18, 2009.

1. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

yeah, i've got crohn's so lactose intolerance is kind of a side effect of that.

2. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    2nd UPDATE!

Well I went to another one of that "ANOTHER major retailer (whom I shall not name yet) that I never thought sold video games, let alone Brand-New/MISB GBA games" and found another GBA game I was looking for.

Especially since I had ordered this on ToysRus.com for $20 with free shipping. I immediately canceled the order, feeling like I would eventually find this game still in stores. I was right on my hunch and made a good choice on canceling that order.

So I walked into this store expecting not to find much except maybe some new games for any of the current systems. I was about 99% right, AGAIN, until I saw that they still had GBA games. 1 GBA game. Sitting on the lower shelf in a case all by it's lonesome, still MISB, still in the original factory wrapping (stick that in your pipe and smoke it Bootleggers!!!).

That game, was THIS.

So needless to say I'm pretty happy right now.:D  For $18 again, it sure as hell beats the $20 that TRU wanted AND I don't have to wait 5-7 days to get it or be concerned about it getting lost or damaged in transit since the box is also in excellent shape. Plus, considering this particular game in question, I feel assured knowing that I bought a genuine GBA game and not a bootleg of it.

Once again, I find it funny how this store also only had 1 GBA game left in stock and it was also a Pokemon game and priced at $18 even.

Who knows what I'll find next? Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Leaf Green? I hope it's Leaf Green or Emerald, as I'd want those the most.

3. netkid

News Credits:
    3rd UPDATE!

Well I went to yet ANOTHER one of those "ANOTHER major retailer (whom I shall not name yet) that I never thought sold video games, let alone Brand-New/MISB GBA games" and found EVEN MORE GBA games I was looking for.

So I walked into another one of these stores not knowing what to expect. I looked all around and things were quickly looking bleak. The two store clerks were incredibly nice, sociable, and helpful. One guy was playing Punch-out! on the Wii while the other offered his help which quickly turned into a conversation about our favorite tv shows and games before I finally snapped out of the conversation and asked if they still had any Brand New GBA games. Lo and behold the clerk ran behind the counter and pointed me to a small 5 level shelf below the rear desk (had he not pointed it out to me, I never would have noticed it). It was full of new GBA games. Good GBA games. Games I wanted. Badly.

Sitting on these shelves behind the front desk were a slew of great games, still MISB, still in the original factory wrapping.

These were the games I bought:

$18-Pokemon LeafGreen Version (2006 Player's Choice)
    $6-Max Payne
    $20-Final Fantasy VI Advance
    $24-Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 2
    $18-The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (2006 Player's Choice)

And then I bought this too just because I never tried one of these before and out of all the ones they made, this was the only one that ever interested me:

$5-Pokemon I Choose You / Squirtle Squad Game Boy Advance Video

God I love these stores.:D  Great attitudes and "out-of-their-way" helpful service from the store clerks, plus the small but "just what I was looking for" selection of games. They put Gamestop to the pitiful shame it rightfully deserves.

4. netkid

News Credits:
    Well now I still have 4 locations of these stores left to check, but in the meantime,

Anyone still have MISB Pokemon Emeralds at their retail stores? Maybe at their local Best Buy, Wal-Mart, or ToysRus stores (or other stores for that matter)?

I want it, since I now have the 2006 Player's Choice versions of FireRed and LeafGreen both MISB.

"Gotta Catch 'Em All"...somehow.

5. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

ill look today. i think my TRU has them

6. netkid

News Credits:
    That really won't be necessary now...:D 

4th UPDATE!

Well I went to yet ANOTHER THREE of those "ANOTHER major retailer (whom I shall not name yet) that I never thought sold video games, let alone Brand-New/MISB GBA games" and found, yes, EVEN MORE GBA games I was looking for.

2 stores had absolutely NOTHING. But the 3rd store...

It was hot as hell out today, so when I finally walked into the store I was in a bit of a heat-induced drunken haze (minus any alcoholic consumption) and it took me a good 3-5 minutes to get my head straight and finally able to look around the store.

So I walked into another one of these stores not knowing what to expect. I looked all around and things were quickly looking bleak. Again, the two store clerks were incredibly nice, sociable, and helpful. One guy asked if I was looking for anything and I told him GBA games.

Once again, lo and behold the clerk behind the counter moved to the right end of where I was standing and pointed me to a small 5 level shelf below the rear desk (these stores are really all built the same I guess). AGAIN, it was full of new GBA games...

Sitting on these shelves behind the front desk were a slew of games, still MISB, still in the original factory wrapping. A familiar and welcomed sight as my eyes adjusted. BUT THEY WERE SHITTY GAMES!!! "Oh-NoeS!!!" I thought, BUT THEN...

He showed me above on the wall were two shelves full of new MISB GBA games. Good GBA games. Games I wanted. Badly. Oh so BADLY.

These were the games I bought:

$18-Pokemon Leaf Green 2006 "Player's Choice" re-release (to keep MISB or sell)

$8-F-Zero GP Legend (my 2nd copy, so my brother can play vs. against me. We have 2 GBAs now(1 original Glacier, 1 Graphite SP+backlight) He loves F-Zero.)

and...
    $35-Pokemon Emerald!!!!!

Once again, I scored big!:D  Whoo-Hoo!!!!!*does the happy dance*

----------

WANTED:

Now, if there is 1 GBA game that I am currently looking for MISB/Brand New, then it is METROID: ZERO MISSION.

I have 1 store left to check. If they do not have this game, then the only places I can get it from are:

A. "evil"-Bay

-OR-

B. Someone here on TFW who can still find it MISB at one of their local retailers.

Everywhere else is useless and wants waaaaay to much money$ for it.

7. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

you know what i'd love to find... the second golden sun game. i don't know why i never bought it back in the day.

8. netkid

News Credits:
    Shoot. I might have seen that game MISB in my searching. I'll make some calls and see what I can find.

Besides, GBA games are region-free so if I find you a Brand New copy in the US, you can still play it on your Canadian GBA.

9. netkid

News Credits:
    Man, I've been doing crazy good lately. Finally got Metroid: Zero Mission for the GBA & Metal Gear Solid for the GameBoy Color (which I've been trying to get for almost 10 years!).

Too many games to list right now, but I think I now have almost 80 new GBA games +plus GBC Metal Gear Solid.

Yeah, Toma, I still haven't found you one (New) but if I do, would you want it? All I'd have you pay would be cost of item + the lowest shipping possible (but I'd package it up really good because I don't want the box to get crushed).