Good online places to buy LEGIT Nintendo GBA games???(Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by netkid, May 18, 2009.

1. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

it checked it the day i got it, it legit. but a hard game when it comes to getting a good game score.

ive gotten 1 movie for my dad that wasnt bootleg, and pokemon colosseum bonus disc i missed out on 5 years ago. (it was real). i haven't gotten anything after may 31, 2008 due to personal injuries caused a real-life off-road Ironhide...

im want to get some old video game systems, same warnings apply, right? and wanted some TFs. example: i want to get a 'all spark powered' big daddy but same concerns lingers. but thanks for the info and tips. stupid scalpers

2. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Had no idea GBA games were being knocked off as such!

3. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The ones that are knocked off 90% of the time are the original Nintendo games (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, etc.). Pokemon and Mario are knocked off like bastards. This is why I only buy NEW and always MISB GBA games.

It is rarer for other non-Nintendo made games to be knocked off as they are not as desirable or demanded by the market of buyers,but it still happens.

And that Nintendo official seal of approval shit means nothing. The bootleggers have managed to fake that too. Remember, if you can, buy from major retailers or stores and sellers that you already know very well to be 100% reliable.

4. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Are these good places to buy from?

GameBay.com Video Games: Xbox, Sony PlayStation 2 & PSP, Nintendo GameCube & Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360 & more

http://www.gameliquidations.com/storefrontprofiles/default.aspx?sfid=47611&sid=1

I'm asking because I don't know. They are CNET certified, authorized dealers, consumer certified, blah blah blah, but I don't know if that is trustworthy or just BS.

I looked up GameBay.com and they seem to be legit and excellent in service.

I'm just looking for more trustworthy sites I could buy legit games from besides the big major retailers who seem to have next to nothing of what I am looking for. Besides, this could also help anyone else on here who is out of luck with the major retailers.
    Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.:lolol 

5. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I didn't know GBA games were being bootleged. What is the general difference between official and unofficial? Doesn't work completely etc.

6. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The pokemon games are bootlegged the most. Even to the point where a LEGIT outer cartridge case is used but the inside is Bootleg.

This is why I'm trying to get a sealed legit copy from the major retail store.

Here's how to spot fakes:

Nintendo Anti-Piracy - How to Detect Piracy

eBay Guides - How to spot a BOOTLEG FAKE GBA Game

eBay Guides - Spotting Bootleg Gameboy Advance Games

eBay Guides - Bootleg Game Boy Advance Games, How to Spot them.

http://fightbootleg.blogspot.com/2007/06/spot-counterfeit-gba-game-look-closer.html

http://fightbootleg.blogspot.com/2007/06/ive-been-had-now-what.html

http://fightbootleg.blogspot.com/2007/06/spot-counterfeit-obvious.html

http://fightbootleg.blogspot.com/2007/06/what-to-do-with-counterfeit-gameboy.html

http://trsrockin.com/fakegames.html

http://light.cvgrenier.com/bootleg/bootleg.htm

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=G

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=G

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&start=144

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&start=144

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&start=306

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&start=270

7. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well I'm going to go to a shit-ton of Wal-Marts Saturday and see what they have.

If I come back empty handed, then I may ask of help from those of you whose Wal-Marts still have these games.

Wish me luck!

8. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Do your stores still have any of these?

Pokemon FireRed (2006 Player's Choice)
    Metroid Zero Mission (2006 Player's Choice)
    super mario advance 2 (2006 Player's Choice)
    super marion advance 3 (2006 Player's Choice)
    super mario advance 4 (2006 Player's Choice)
    mario kart: super circuit (2006 Player's Choice)
    Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (2006 Player's Choice)
    Mario vs. Donkey Kong
    Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (2006 Player's Choice)
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Donkey Kong Country
    Donkey Kong Country 2
    Donkey Kong Country 3
    Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
    Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
    Yoshi Topsy-Turvy

What GBA games does your Wal-Mart still have?

9. MetalRyde

wait, your looking for these games, but you'll take them from your fellow TFfans here?

I went to 3 of my local walmarts but they aint got a thing in gameboyadvance games. they're pretty disrespectful when it comes to handling games and TF figures. most of the game i find at retail stores are lame wii's family games (f.u. nintendo) and dumbass tv, movie licensed games.

...well, wolverine is fun.

10. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What I'm saying is while I'm looking at my Wal-Marts to see if they have these games, I'm also asking anyone here who has said that they think their Wal-Marts may have these games to go check and see if they still have them.

That way if I come up empty handed at my Wal-Marts then I could possibly ask them to get the game at their Wal-Marts for me and I will buy it from them.

11. MetalRyde

ah. ok. just as i thought. well. i can check other walmart. i only checked 3 walmarts on the southwest side of oklahoma city. i still got the rest of the city to try out (while im looking for TF) then the 3 other cities north(edmond), east (midwest city), west, (el reno and yukon) and south(moore and norman) of okc. i'll let you know if i find any.

toys r us is suppose to have gba still, but only online. the one 7 miles east from me has no GBA games at all. there's only 3 TRU in the state that i know. the other 2 are 14 miles equally from my home.

12. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanks man. I really appreciate your help.

If you need help finding anything ask me. I may be able to help you find stuff too.

13. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    UPDATE!

Well things are looking good so far! I went to 3 of 12 Wal-Marts near me and they had jack shit...

But Yesterday, I found ANOTHER major retailer (whom I shall not name yet) that I never thought sold video games, let alone Brand-New/MISB GBA games.

So I walked into this store expecting not to find much except maybe some new games for any of the current systems. I was about 99% right, until I saw that they still had GBA games. 1 GBA game. Sitting on the lower shelf in a case all by it's lonesome, still MISB, still in the original factory wrapping.

That game, was THIS.

So needless to say I'm pretty happy right now.:D  For $18 it sure as hell beats the $26 that SEARS wanted (see my first post). The box has some little dings at the corners, but I could really care less given how much I wanted this game. Plus, considering this particular game in question, I feel assured knowing that I bought a genuine GBA game and not a bootleg of it.

Funny how the only game they had was exactly the one I wanted and talked about in my first post. Life is funny like that. It is also funny how the store I bought this game from has been down the street from my house for years and that considering this game has been out since 2006, it's been sitting there on that shelf in that case ever since for 4 years, until the day, yesterday, when I finally came to claim it.

In time rewards come to us all, and with them, the sense of victory in receiving such treasures.

I've always lived by the saying "good things come to those who wait" and I can honestly say in my life, it has never let me down.:) 

14. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

nice find! so what retailer was it?

15. MetalRyde

well, i visited these 2 stores that have the games you're looking for but used, and not bootleg. they very strict about that. i saw a guy get kicked out by security for having a bootleg pokemon ruby he try to sel to them.

they games they have are in VERY good condition and at good prices,
    *mario & luigi for gba at gamestop is $25
    this store has it for $15

i picked up a transformer figure while i was there. i think its tidal wave. its freaking huge. also got a gray nes zapper for 5 bucks.

16. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanks anyways, but I'm just going to try and get new games, only because all my GBA games were bought new and I still have all the boxes and paperwork for them. The same can be said for any other video game I've ever bought, save for 2 rare PS2 games (Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis & MGS2: Substance) which I bought from friends who took excellent care of them and knew I would take them if they didn't want them anymore.

If you did buy Tidal Wave, is he the original Armada release (Tidal Wave (2003) - Decepticon - www.tfu.info) or the Energon repaint (http://www.tfu.info/2004/Decepticon/TidalWave/tidalwave.htm)? Either way, he's a great figure and has many fun features. One of his vehicles even becomes a base for Mini-cons! I think it's the hovercraft that forms his lower legs and feet.

17. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

checked walmart today and they had drill dozer, the original warioware, classic nes xevious, and 5 or 6 other games in behind that i couldn't see. i was in a bit of a hurry so i didn't ask to check them out and i'm not sure the prices on them but i may end up going back later this week to see what's all there. i'm mildly interested in drill dozer, anyone know if it's any good?

18. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Drill Dozer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's very fun but a bit long. I got mine at Target on clearance for $2 back in April! Then again, they had TONS of it in stock so they had to get rid of them somehow. It is developed by Gamefreak, the same people who created all the "hand-held" Pokemon games so far. So you know it's in good "hands" (heh, pun intended).

The instruction booklet is in color and VERY detailed. It even comes with a mini-comic book! The Cartridge itself is a special plastic mix of light brown with dark brown specks that mimics dirt or rock.

Best of all is the Cart's unique built-in rumble feature that shakes your GBA whenever you drill through something!

If you can get it cheap (since that game is generally abundant), I'd say buy it. There are plenty of them in stores and online Brand-New/MISB so you should be able to get one very easily.

And FYI, Warioware is also an excellent game for quick 5 minute fun if you can't devote much time to a game like say, Metroid or Pokemon.

19. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

i don't mind a game being long. i tend to spend a lot of time in the bathroom due to illness so i play a lot of gba/ds games. i actually have pretty much every warioware game except for the original, but i think it's still going for the original price unless the sticker on it was wrong, so i may pass on that

20. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oof! That's gotta be some illness. My cousin is lactose intolerant so yeah, dairy is not his friend.

If you don't have the original, I'd say get it. I can only find Warioware: Twisted! new online. The first game is nowhere to be seen.

If you found the game at Wal-Mart, check the sticker price on the game again or look for a big price sign because from all the Wal-Marts I went to every GBA game was set at $20 no matter what their individual stickers said (even for games marked less than $20! I know, that sucks!).