Customs: Gonna do a Cosplay-who should I be? WIP

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Torque, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    So for those of you at home who don't know, one of my favorite things about being into comics and transformers is the cosplaying-specifically making the most mind-blowing costumes imaginable, although so far, I've only really done one outside of Halloween:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Which I've worn to 3 NYCCs and TFcon, as well as used to win various costume contests (ok 2... but I totally got robbed in the the other two. Store-bought Jessica&Roger Rabbit! Seriously! If Master Chief's costume was home-made, he deserved it, as it didnt look home-made. Which is why I doubt if it was...)

Sadly, it's starting to fall apart on me, the foot has already ripped a bit, not to mention past failed facepainting is splattered around the neckline. SO I was thinking of making a new costume this time, but can't seem to decide who to be! There are only so many characters whose costumes I can fit in, and of course, I like to go all out (im 5'6" normal, 7' in the Hulk suit) and I'm intent on making it Transform. I'm totally serious, and totally lost as to who to go as.

I want to make it awesome, but just not sure who to be. So I'm open to suggestions, and once I get started, I'll make a WIP thread in the main customs forum. So yeah, if anyone has any ideas for a character, could really use them!

Ideas I've had so far:

Bumblebee: Talking G1. Mostly figured out a transformation, kinda. Well recognized character for sure, though after seeing Movie BB at the last 2 NYCCs I've been to, I'm hesitant (though he didnt Transform)

Astrotrain: Pretty sure I could pull it off. Not a hundred percent sure, its probably the most ambitious of the ideas, i think i could possible make it work, though it would definitely be difficult.

Huffer: Much less well known, obviously, possibly even mixed up with Optimus by some fans who just don't know. Might have a way to do the transformation, though its a little awkward to get it to work, not even sure if I could get it to look right.

So yeah, any suggestions?

EDIT:: While I wont be using it for NYCC next October, I do plan on doing it for TFcon and hopefully Botcon, if its within reason of the east coast.

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Out of the three choices, go with Astrotrain!

3. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Choo-choo!

4. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

If you make a transformable Metroplex or Fortress Maximus costume, it can double as a playset for your toys. Along those same lines, so could Astrotrain. The only problem with Fort Max is you'd have to be able to rip off your head.

5. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Only thing with Astrotrain is that to do it will likely be very heavy in terms of materials lol.

6. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    Jettison some weight ?

7. KaguyaHouraisan

KaguyaHouraisan TORANS-FORMAAAA!

I'd say something from G1. That's the series that cosplays best out of all TF series.

8. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Due to my frinds wanting to do a theme, I might be making Doomsday instead. Hopefully it will be lighter than the hulk suit lol

9. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    How about you go as your sig "Torque"

10. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    lol maybe, though not sure i get the transformation on him